G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti second to last in luxury customer service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
just going to add, i've had nothing but good experiences with my dealership. always had a loaner for service and easy to schedule appointments.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've owned a Lexus, VW, Nissans, Toyotas, and Hondas, my Infiniti, and have been to all those dealerships at one point or another for service. I can say Lexus services beats the rest by a landslide. VW and Toyota were the worst (ironic since Toyota makes Lexus). Actually have better experiences at the Nissan dealership than the Infiniti dealership. Infiniti dealer gets major minus points for recommending clutch replacement due to "wear"--30K miles ago, and I'm still on the same clutch...

Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ i think he summed it up nicely, i have also received great service from lexus with my last car without any complaints while i have had 2 good and 2 bad experiences at infiniti which has made me avoid them unless necessary....

Old 03-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
West houston Infiniti... no complaints here. as long as i had an appointment there was always a loaner there for me... they replaced my entire steering wheel just because the trim was peeling and my insturment cluster due to warping with no fuss at all. i went in to get my 30k services done (trans flush, radiator, rear Diff) and my service rep told me it was pointless to change the radiator or diff fluid until 60k!! normally you get the opposite from the stealer. they only charged me 169 for the trans service and that included dropping the pan and changing the internal filter as well.

another time i went in because my TPMS light was going off. i had a nail in a tire. they plugged it no charge.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how the survey was done, but typically in the most rigidly done studies, a survey is a very poor source of reliable data as it leads to sampling bias. That being said, just anecdotally, I have had excellent service with my dealership.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am glad to hear that most have had good experiences with Infiniti.

Funny thing is, I have even tried 2 different dealership. First bad experience was the stereo. They told me they will not fix it because they saw after market wiring done. I told them I did no such thing, and when they showed me the wire, it was my iPod RCA cable "HAHA" They apologized and told me they needed to order a new head unit, and that they will call me back when it arrives. Never contact me, never ordered one. Pist me off, so I drove to Euless infiniti. They found the problem with wiring on the left door fixed it. But i told them about the clicking problem in reverse. They kept my car for 4 days! I had a loaner, a new G37 (where i had a past post) and it was a good experience. But when I ask what the problem was, they told me they had to put more insulation under the wheel well. I know thats not what it was.

Finally, my G has a terrible gas smell. Took it to infiniti, the service guy told me these cars run very rich when first start. I dont know if your G smells that bad, but mine makes the whole garage reek! He said its common, but my Honda and wifes corolla never did that. Oh well. Still love my G, sexiest car there is. But wish it didnt have soo many bugs.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
My dealer is great!
I see you're in MN; which one do you go to: Infiniti of Bloomington or Lupient?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickochet
Finally, my G has a terrible gas smell. Took it to infiniti, the service guy told me these cars run very rich when first start. I dont know if your G smells that bad, but mine makes the whole garage reek! He said its common, but my Honda and wifes corolla never did that. Oh well. Still love my G, sexiest car there is. But wish it didnt have soo many bugs.
That is not right dude! I would be very concerned. I don't smell any gas in the cockpit or my garage. What is your fuel mileage btw?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 AM
On a full tank in city driving, i usually get about 310 miles. Hwy I have made over 400 miles. Thanks for your input

Old 03-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
That's a sad state of things for Infiniti overall. I've always had good experiences with getting the G serviced in Nashville.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've had nothing but bad experiences with warranty service on my vehicle with my dealer. so i dont doubt that they came second to last. I have done secret shops on basic maintenance for my vehicle and based on the requirements/guidelines that were on the secret shop paperwork they failed pretty hard.

but then again im sure they have some great employees, just gotta find the right now and build some sort of friendship or something

Old 03-06-2010, 12:16 AM
I have some pretty bad experiences with my Infiniti dealership in San Diego (Kearny Mesa Infiniti). I called them out on every single screw up and they quickly corrected their mistake. The trick is to be civil about it and not lose your cool. Ever since I have been stern about what I want or expect for the kind of money I'm paying they have been more than cordial and competent about the way they treat me and service my G. It's too bad that's what it takes, but I don't care. I'm the customer. I'm paying them not the other way around.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by dockersguy
I have some pretty bad experiences with my Infiniti dealership in San Diego (Kearny Mesa Infiniti). I called them out on every single screw up and they quickly corrected their mistake. The trick is to be civil about it and not lose your cool. Ever since I have been stern about what I want or expect for the kind of money I'm paying they have been more than cordial and competent about the way they treat me and service my G. It's too bad that's what it takes, but I don't care. I'm the customer. I'm paying them not the other way around.
I've also had a bad experience with KM Infiniti. They said they would instantly deny my oil consumption issue due to my exhaust. I never came back.

I went to Riverside Infiniti and they never even questioned my mods. Almost every time I go there, I see modded G's there for service.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
J.D. Power and Associates polled 114,000 people for possibly 30 or more car makers.
That may be 3800 people per car maker. Not many considering the millions of cars sold annually.
I just don't trust these polls for that and other reasons.
I have an 07 Honda too and my dealership is aweful. My Infiniti dealer has been exceptional.
A 114,000 people poll is huge. Do you know how many people 114,000 people is? That's a huge poll. You won't find many polls with that many people polled. I'd trust a poll that big but giving american car companies such high ratings is a little suspicious.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by TwilightSedan
A 114,000 people poll is huge. Do you know how many people 114,000 people is? That's a huge poll. You won't find many polls with that many people polled. I'd trust a poll that big but giving american car companies such high ratings is a little suspicious.
I think so.
I have some bigger numbers for you.
In the USA, in February 2010, light vehicle sales (cars & pickups) exceeded 780,000 units. Keep in mind it's a slow economy and I don't think that February is the top selling month for anyone but I will admit I can't back it up. It's a guess.
The JDP survey states it generally assumes the people polled are those who have based their comments on cars they own that are still under warranty (the people that will use a dealership for service) I estimate that in the past 4 years (avg warranty period) that is 37,440,000 vehicles sold in the USA.
JDP surveyed 0.30% of the car owners which BTW, is a small number. You could double it to 0.60% if each person bought and owns 2 of the cars sold.
Polls suck! We should find out for ourselves and form our own opinions.

source: www.motorintelligence.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti second to last in luxury customer service