G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti second to last in luxury customer service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Infiniti second to last in luxury customer service

When i finally bought my realistic dream car last year (my G35) I was extremely please with the performance and luxury of the car. However, the car has been in the shop twice (no sound on left speaker, clicking sound from front axel in reverse) and it has not been a good experience.

The only other new car I have ever purchased new was a Honda, and their service was excellent. Having only Huggins Honda to compare too, I was really disappointed in the way 2 different infiniti dealership has treated me. I thought, maybe its just me, expecting too much from a luxury car brand.
Well i guess im not the only one.

check out the link
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs..._blg=1,1662355

Old 03-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. Was it more about them being rude or was it service related(appointment, down time, loaner etc)? BTW i dont think you are alone many members here have had some less than ideal interactions with their service departments including me.

However, many have had great service like from riverside and others, many have had their engines, trannies and other major components changed under warranty without much fuss.(few exceptions of course )

I hope you find a better dealership and get everything figured out or they fire all the staff and hire better more polite people

Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
J.D. Power and Associates polled 114,000 people for possibly 30 or more car makers.
That may be 3800 people per car maker. Not many considering the millions of cars sold annually.
I just don't trust these polls for that and other reasons.
I have an 07 Honda too and my dealership is aweful. My Infiniti dealer has been exceptional.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It all depends on what dealership you go to. There are dealerships that will go out of their way to help the customer and there are dealerships that would spit in your face if you came to them with a problem. Personally what I think is that it depends on what type of problem or question you go them with. Example: I went to the same dealer for the front rotor TSB and my car is lowered so they did it anyway. I went to then because my exhaust was rattling because I hit something on the road remember my car is lowered and they replaced the exhaust under warranty. Now this past Friday I went to them because my inspection was about to expire and I figured I'll let them do it instead of some shop, so I talked to the same person I talk to and she was a ****in bitch to me told me to wait three hours and then another hour for inspection. I asked her that what about my appointment, she flipped out on me and said why do you " indian people" just get your **** done by somewhere else if you can't wait. I was about to slap her, but I walked out and decided that they would be sorry for saying that to me. I then contacted my lawyer to see what he had to say and still has to get back to me about that. So that my experience with Infiniti service but even one bad encounter can change the whole image of the service department.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F*ck 'em

Sunny, I'm sorry to hear about your last experience. Sounds like you kept your composure and a cool head. I would not have. Please do follow up on this racist b*tch and hopefully you get something for your trouble.

Peace

Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
My dealer is great!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Sunny hats off to you to keep your cool like that, had it been me i would not have been able to control myself and would have.... honestly im not even sure what i would have done if someone made me that angry using my race against me.

As for your lawyer route i doubt you can get much out of it unless you had some witness cause they probably partner up and get more people against your testimony. You know how they say what goes around comes around... Lets hope it comes around sooner rather than later to them

Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I've been on DRIVER for almost 5 years and what I have experienced myself and read about, very few consider our dealerships enjoyable to deal with. Three years ago I considered my STEALERSHIP here in Santa Clarita DISHONEST. Asking $300 for AT trans service and when I asked the parts manager why so high he said, "Our fluids are better here at Infiniti!" Well, that might work for a NOOB but I don't have STUPID written on my forehead nor am I new. About the same time they charged my $5.00 for that small clip that hold the hose on the overflow tank. Ever feel like you dropped the soap in the shower....you know what I mean. Dealerhip....warranty work only and then I'm never satisfied with the completed work!
Gary

Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I HATE going to my dealer for anything. I do not feel like I'm being treated any different than when I was a NISSAN owner. They are extremely tight with loaners to the point about lying (IMHO) about how long the service would take. Instead of thinking about my convenience, they are looking more at how much they can bill infiniti (warranty work). I've even paid for some small parts I could have gotten under warranty rather than having them do it. WARRANTY WORK ONLY!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 PM
There were witnesses. The other manager was telling her not to talk to me like that because I am really good friends with him and she kept going and going Like a fcukin energizer bunny. I used to be a real hot head( back in HS some kid was poking me on my head because he wanted to see if I had real hair under my headgear or a fruit or something. I told him to stop twice then I broke fingers) until I over done it and ever since I learned that just keep my cool. Tomorrow I will find out what he says then we will see what happens. Guys we need better servce pros out there with a little more people skills. Yes only go to the dealer for warranty work, anything else you will getting problems.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh and I have to add about the loaner cars. There are usually 20 loaner cars outside and when you ask for one they say they are all out. What is the deal with that? Sorry for the double post I wasn't able to edit my previous one from my iPhone.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I've been on DRIVER for almost 5 years and what I have experienced myself and read about, very few consider our dealerships enjoyable to deal with. Three years ago I considered my STEALERSHIP here in Santa Clarita DISHONEST. Asking $300 for AT trans service and when I asked the parts manager why so high he said, "Our fluids are better here at Infiniti!" Well, that might work for a NOOB but I don't have STUPID written on my forehead nor am I new. About the same time they charged my $5.00 for that small clip that hold the hose on the overflow tank. Ever feel like you dropped the soap in the shower....you know what I mean. Dealerhip....warranty work only and then I'm never satisfied with the completed work!
Gary
We will always here people voice there displeasure more than we will hear random praise about dealerships.

That is very much a dealership thing. Many of them do/say these things. My Honda dealer does it, my past GM, Ford, Mazda and VW dealers did it too.
I told the Infiniti guys I use my mechanic that I have used for 15 years and they are cool about it. They are still great when I take it in for my free oil changes and the time I needed warranty work.
It all depends on the dealership and honestly I think it depends a little on the attitude of the customer as to what kind of service they get. The customer is always right, yes..but sometimes the customer is a dick. I've seen them when I was in waiting for my oil.

As for Sunny G-35 NYC, excellent restraint! She definitely should be fired for racial comments to a customer. Zero tolerance for that **** no matter what you said, if anything.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
damn, i love infiniti dealerships.. i mean.. all premium/luxury brands have great service.. but i like how infiniti dealers have me in and out in 10 mins w/ a loaner... with appointment of course...

Old 03-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I just want to say that I've had really great luck with Infiniti of Tucson. They've never given me any crap on warranty issues and I think they've been very helpful in general.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 AM
It is the same way with every brand. Some are good in one place some are bad. In general I think Infiniti is pretty good. You get loaner a good one not like some of the more expensive ones. They atre generally fixing the known issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti second to last in luxury customer service