G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???

Its a salvaged sedan, black on black with 33,000 miles, all repairs done and its selling for 13k, seller says it drives smooth and perfect.....here are some pictures, so is it a good deal?

Attached Thumbnails should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???-dsc03481.jpg   should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???-dsc03484.jpg   should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???-dsc03486.jpg   should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???-dsc03483.jpg   should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???-dsc03494.jpg  

Old 03-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
I personally would not buy a salvaged title car unless you know what exactly was changed and will keep it for a very long time, because selling one would be really hard down the road.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if we can tell you over the internet if that is a good deal? What work was done on the car? Who did the fix? Do they have warranty on the fix?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by AA007
Its a salvaged sedan, black on black with 33,000 miles, all repairs done and its selling for 13k, seller says it drives smooth and perfect.....here are some pictures, so is it a good deal?
From the photos... I think thats an '07, not an '08.
Mileage seems high as well for a 2yr old vehicle.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
Ask the seller why the car was salvaged and if he has paperwork on any of the repairs 13k is not a bad price just make sure it's not too much of a lemon. Test drive it and have a mechanic look at it could be a great buy if all works out

Old 03-29-2010, 03:26 AM
Assuming the repairs were preformed correctly and the G35 is in perfect running order, the question you need to ask yourself is "How long do you plan to keep the G35?" It might pay off if you plan to keep your car for 3-5 years. To be honest, in my opinion $13k is a bit much more than I would gamble on a salvaged 08. In any case, make sure you test drive it before you put a penny down.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Personally, I would not touch a salvaged car. IMO it was totaled for a reason...

Old 03-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by VQmagic
From the photos... I think thats an '07, not an '08.
How would you go about telling if that's an 07 or an 08 from these pics? They're essentially identical vehicles for these two years.

Now, if the car had the Navigation package but not the Tech pack, we could tell the difference since Infiniti added the backup camera to the lesser package in 08.
The other way would be if this was an X with a sport bumper, allowing one to assume that it was an 08xS (not available in 07)
For a base model, it's impossible to tell if this is an 07 or an 08 without taking a closer look at the vehicle.

Oh, and as stated above... be very careful with salvaged vehicles.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35sportsedan
Ask the seller why the car was salvaged and if he has paperwork on any of the repairs
This is usually a waste of time though. Sellers always downplay the damage. The whole front end could be crumpled, needing frame straightening, quarters, rad support, rad, headlights, etc. and when you ask what kind of damage the car had, he'll say "Oh it just had a light hit on the front. It was easy to fix."

Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
How would you go about telling if that's an 07 or an 08 from these pics? They're essentially identical vehicles for these two years.

Now, if the car had the Navigation package but not the Tech pack, we could tell the difference since Infiniti added the backup camera to the lesser package in 08.
The other way would be if this was an X with a sport bumper, allowing one to assume that it was an 08xS (not available in 07)
For a base model, it's impossible to tell if this is an 07 or an 08 without taking a closer look at the vehicle.

Aeson (thanks) & aa07 - maybe I was mistaken.
I thought this sport bumper was only on 07xS, but that ALL the 08's had the 'nicer' curve sport lip of the front bumper, not just the xS. imo I like that sportier lower lip much better anyway. But I didn't want the sport, because 'shes' driving it.
I'm starting to think I might need a second G in the family.

I've already tried talking her into swapping vehicles for my 4runner. ... but that didnt fly well.....

Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus

I was going to ask the exact same question, is there an exterior difference between the 07 & 08...

Old 03-30-2010, 04:26 PM
When I was shopping for my G, I came across a few good deals on salvage titles. I asked my brother-in-law (who worked for years at a body shop) if it would be a good idea to go with a salvage title and he gave me the following advice:

1. You will find it hard (if not impossible) to finance a salvage title. You'll have to pay cash.
2. You will find it hard (if not impossible) to sell a salvage title. You'll have to keep it for a long, long time.
3. Bring the car to a mechanic AND a body shop to inspect the car BEFORE you decide.
4. As a rule of thumb, you do not want to pay more than 50% of the low Kelly Blue Book value of the car.

Based on that advice, I decided to buy directly from a dealer auction instead; but to each his own.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been buying salvage vehicles for years and they can be a great deal. It is true that they are harder to sell but if you get them for less you can sell for less and I haven't had significant trouble over the years.

I use my cars for work and end up putting around 25k a year on them so salvage vehicles work for me. I am currently driving a BMW 330i that was a salvage--I actually flew to CA and bought it and drove it back to Kentucky one weekend a few years ago. (I am lurking these forums because I am getting a G next)

If the car was not flood damaged and if you can get it for enough below non salvage value they are generally worth it. I would try to buy from someone I know or someone with a reputation to uphold--a salvage car dealer for example. If the car is close to you and you can drive it, take it to a mechanic you know and have it looked over. Also, Capital One will finance salvage vehicles....

good luck...

Old 04-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Curious--what percentage tint is on there?

Old 04-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe this is a silly question, but does the factory warranty cover salvaged cars? I could see arguments on both sides as to why they would or wouldn't. For example why wouldn't the radio still be covered? I could see why suspension components wouldn't based an damage and non infinity repairs and parts if that's the case.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i get this 08 G35 sedan ???