G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was searching the forums because i had the same question. i just got back from the dealer today. My local dealer in Bridgewater NJ replaced my door trim on both sides and the entire steering wheel with no questions asked. Took about a 2 weeks to get the parts and another week to schedule the service apointment. The color of my new steering wheel is a charcoal gray too. glad to know that the color will match up eventually. i was just about to call the dealer and ask what was going on. Can anyone confirm that the steering wheel is the same size on the all 07 models? I sware it feels wider and it's thicker in your hands(that's what she said?)

Old 08-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Kube929
I was searching the forums because i had the same question. i just got back from the dealer today. My local dealer in Bridgewater NJ replaced my door trim on both sides and the entire steering wheel with no questions asked. Took about a 2 weeks to get the parts and another week to schedule the service apointment. The color of my new steering wheel is a charcoal gray too. glad to know that the color will match up eventually. i was just about to call the dealer and ask what was going on. Can anyone confirm that the steering wheel is the same size on the all 07 models? I sware it feels wider and it's thicker in your hands(that's what she said?)
Got my steering wheel and door trims replaced at bridgewater too...I thought the steering wheel was the same size. I didn't notice any difference in size...I had mine done at the beginning of this year, I believe.

Bridgewater Infiniti is a great service dealership, except for one time they wouldn't replace my tachometer even though it was clearly malfunctioning. Oddly, it did fix itself...but I have experienced the tachometer issue again only in hot weather...

Old 08-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Kube929
I sware it feels wider and it's thicker in your hands...
Interestingly, that was my initial response, too. I doubt it's any larger or thicker, though. Must just be the "fluff" from the new leather.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My shift **** was replaced this week and it looks dark grey. I tought they put wrong one, but i think Infiniti has different leather know.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I made my appointment over the phone. Explained what was happening and the Serivce Manager told me to bring it in after the parts arrived. Like I said earlier, the Infiniti dealership in South Miami is awesome when it comes to customer service.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G35power
My shift **** was replaced this week and it looks dark grey. I tought they put wrong one, but i think Infiniti has different leather know.
How did you get your dealer to replace your shift ****? I know I am going to have to go through the grinder just to get the scratched door handle trim replaced...

Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just told them leather is peeling!!

Originally Posted by dohturdima
How did you get your dealer to replace your shift ****? I know I am going to have to go through the grinder just to get the scratched door handle trim replaced...

Old 08-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got back from the dealer (Infiniti of Manhasset) and was told they couldn't warrenty it. They warrentied 2 other vehicles earlier this month and got hell for it... My service advisor said I should contact corporate and have them send them an ok to have the work done...

Should I just go to the dealership in NJ (bridgewater, is this the ray catana dealership?) and try there or actually go through corporate and get some authorization... I mean I bought the car from manhasset.. and they've never given me any problems on warrenty work before.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
just call corporate, u should have no problems. they will do everything for u.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Good luck with corporate. I called them prior to my last attempt and all they told me was if the service adviser said it wasn't a warranty item, then there's nothing they can do about it. I pleaded with them and mentioned the issues brought up by fellow owners, as well as success with other dealerships outside the area.

They eventually gave me a case # to use, which thankfully, eventually, i didn't need.

Old 08-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
YMMV with corporate, but they were instrumental in having my brake judder issue resolved.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
@ MrPeeng

Yes, the dealer in Bridgewater is a Ray Catena. It's right on rt 22 East. Based on my experience and what others have posted, they seem to be very understanding when it comes to TSB and warranty issues. The guy who helped me took one look at my scratched up door trim and said he would warranty it right away. I was expecting more of a fight. When I went it for the door trim and steering wheel they fixed my "brake judder" issue too. i think you should be alright if you go there. The guy who helped me was named Rich

Old 08-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i hope everything works out good!

Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just returned from a business trip in Canada, and my wife picked me in my G to show me the steering wheel and door trim after it was done at the dealership. It looks AWESOME. Practically looks like the interior of a brand new car. What a difference a subtle change makes. The only thing I was not happy with, it seems when they replaced the steering wheel it is not aligned, so I will have to take it back so they can align it correctly. Thanks guys for the posts on this. I would have never thought this would be covered under warranty....

Old 08-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I finally try to get this fix, I email my dealership to replace the steering wheel, shift ****, driver side trim piece, and fix some rattling issues, dropped it off 730am on friday, and they called me that it wouldn't be ready till monday.

So I will be driving a red 2010 G37X this weekend. =) And now I am beating myself over for not getting an X, what a different in handling. I will keep you guys updated though. They didn't even ask one question before they do work on it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Steering Wheel