G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
my steering wheel isn't aligned either. It's a few degrees to the right when driving straight. I just assumed I needed a tire alignment because they took of my wheels to sand down my rotors for the "brake judder" TSB. do you think it's the steering wheel that's not aligned and not the tires?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine might be chipping as well but not sure what kind of you guys talking about.
Can someone post up a pick.
Cuz i might just go and get mine replaced.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow. I had my steering wheel and door trim replaced under warranty, too. Just in time at 58000 miles. I also thought the wheel was thicker or at least bigger around. I drove back to the dealership looking all the cars over in the showroom to find the carbon copy of the origional. The service advisor said it was because it was new and the "oils from my hands had not made the leather supple yet", that it would feel different. I still feel it was a load of crap, but with the wife and kids in the car, it was time to leave.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can seem to find the TSB number for the interior trim issue does anyone have the number handy I would appreciate it.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:37 PM
Same here...

I had the exact same warranty issue where my steering wheel was chipping and they replaced it for free. When I first got it, I noticed it was very dark and bold compared to the rest of my interior. Now about 3 months later, it's completely broken in and there is NO way anyone would ever be able to notice it was put in 2 years after the car was made.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
im getting mine done next week........... lol this is hysterical

Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Good luck with corporate. I called them prior to my last attempt and all they told me was if the service adviser said it wasn't a warranty item, then there's nothing they can do about it. I pleaded with them and mentioned the issues brought up by fellow owners, as well as success with other dealerships outside the area.

They eventually gave me a case # to use, which thankfully, eventually, i didn't need.
I wanted to get my shifter and steering trim replaced too but service advisor said it was "wear and tear" stuff so refused to warranty it. Car is a 2007 and has less than 26,000miles on it...

Who do I contact at corporate?

Old 09-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this morning i went in to dealer and they ordered my replacement steering wheel, though he denied my request to replace the chipped chrome grill. we'll see next week when they actually do the steering swap.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM
They replaced my grill without me even knowing it was damaged when I first bought the car used with only 8k miles on it. I didn't even realize it was chipped and the day I came to pick it up, they had informed me that they replaced the front grille under warranty. I since have had the steering wheel, shift ****, and two door side pocket inserts replaced under warranty, free of charge. I had to keep on them about the steering wheel, but they eventually did it after I talked to the GM of Infiniti of Boston. Good luck with the grill, they should replace it.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just got mine replaced over the weekend and I was wondering about the mismatched color, too. Good to hear the the color will blend in after usage.

One question I have is that the steering wheel is slightly misaligned off center to the right. Does anyone know what is involved with realignment? Is this something I could do. I could live with it if it is too much as a DIY project.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My wheel is slightly to the right too since I had it replaced. I took it back to the dealer and they said there was nothing they could adjust. Thanks for confirming that I'm not crazy. Anyone had any luck getting them to straighten out the replacement steering wheel?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Huh, mine is slightly to the right also after replacement...

Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM
G35 Sedan RWD
everyone seems to have alignment problem after getting new steering wheel, well I could not skip that fate.

but nobody has mentioned yet how to re-align yourself, anyone?

It also looks charcoal while all other interior looks black...i hope it turns black soon.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Crown Infiniti in Hoover, AL replaced mine with no questions. Also, they replace the drivers door finisher due to same problem. They replaced front brakes, adjusted my hood latch (drivers side was a little higher than pass side), Taped some trim on inside of door, cleaned my car and gave me a Merc. c300 to drive for 5 days (the c300 made me miss my car soo bad). The only thing I had to pay for was all wheel alignment! They treated me very well. Especially considering I bought the car used from another dealer! I thought I was going to be treated like crap and not have anything covered. The car has 53k on it too. They mentioned I should change my PCV valve and my tranny and brake fluid was getting dirty. A very nice experience overall. They have my business now.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
still to right here as well. Got an alignment a month ago with my new tires and guess what....pulls to the right.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Steering Wheel