G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rear ended!!! :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by turbocad6
if you get paid from the car that hit you, then they have to pay for everything, mods & all, if you get paid from your own company, then aside from deducting your deductible they could also refuse to pay for additional mods unless you added a Ryder to your policy for these mods... either way that car is not totaled though, 2 new quarter panels & a rear body panel, tailights & a lid... bumper cover etc, probably not much more than 12k if that in damages, totaled needs to see at least 70% value in damages depending on the insurance co...
Again, it would help to look at those pillars, basically anywhere past the visible damages. My past accident looked very similar to this. It was post repairs that i only noticed the ripples between A and B pillars.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
Ughhh may not get nice comments because you let the kid go......Thats irresponsibility and shouldnt be driving under the influence. Pray that your insurance company covers it without a police report

Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts
and just to feed the fire im pretty shure he went home and told his friends..."Yeah "

Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am sure my car will be covered either way. I haven't checked the pillars because the car is in the shop. I am probably going to go to the shop tomorrow so I will check it out and give an update. Thanks everyone for being helpfull

Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Again, it would help to look at those pillars, basically anywhere past the visible damages. My past accident looked very similar to this. It was post repairs that i only noticed the ripples between A and B pillars.
I do understand how the rest of the structure could be impacted, but this hit is really not that bad, only reason it's even as bad as it is, is because the hit was well above the bumper reinforcement. there was no direct impact even to the rails or main structure, just sheet metal damage. even if you could find any buckle type depressions in the pillar extensions they wouldn't amount to much more than a few extra hours to repair & refinish that too, there is def no major structural damage here

& yes, no matter what, your insurance co will cover your damages even if you had none of the info at all, but a police report would have solidified a direct claim against the other company instead, which would have benefited in 2 ways, #1 you could have avoided a claim with your own company & #2 you would have not had to even deal with a deductible at all if you got paid directly from the other insurance company instead of your own. but whatever, it's all good, most important thing now is that it's in a good shop, good luck with it bro

Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first call should have been to the cops, second call should have been to a personal injury attorney...those pictures show very serious property damage and you will likely be feeling the different aches and pains kick in slowly for the next couple weeks. Most states give you 1-4 years to make a PI claim and most PI attorneys only charge contingent fees...meaning you dont pay anything unless they recover money for you. This is a rear-end accident at a stop sign, your state probably has something called a rear-end presumption which means that even though you dont have a police report, it is still presumed that the car which rear-ended you was negligent.

Since the police report is out of the question, do yourself a favor and find a personal injury attorney to speak with! They will give you good directions on what to do and how to recover more than just for your damaged car.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 AM
just to add...I saw that you have a cali plate and I am assuming the accident was in cali. The statute of limitations/amount of time you have to bring a cause of action against the negligent driver should be 2 years there...The safe thing to do would be to talk to an attorney to find out.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm cringing looking at your pic bud, good to know that you are okay and most importantly everyones ok. It will be back to new before you know it. CAN NOT believe you did not call 9-1-1, this kid is still around to do this again? SAD. Stay positive. God Bless.

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I hope that kid has good insurance and spends time in jail. I have no tolerance for people that cause this kind of BS because they made a choice to get behind the wheel drunk. He's lucky he didn't kill someone, that would have completely destroyed his life.

Sorry to hear about your accident, GL with the repairs.
Destroyed his life? How the familys and friends? NOT so much 'his' life with whomever were referring to the drunk who hit him or the OP, I'd feel less remourse for him if he did in fact get killed, he made the bed now he can sleep in it.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 PM
simma down now. We have no actual proof the "kid" was drunk or even drinking...

Old 09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
21st Century Insurance has an automatic $1000 coverage for aftermarket parts. You can increase the coverage for those parts if you pay extra... This covers at-fault accidents or theft...

But, in a not-at-fault accident, Insurance companies must replace or reimburse you for the aftermarket parts to get the car back to what it was before the accident. But you must provide receipts.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the good comments and good advice everyone. I have contacted an attorney and she is taking care of my case now. If the car is totaled (which is unlikely from what I have been told now) then yes the insurance covering me will have to reimburse me with the full amount of the car and after market parts. If its decided that my car is going to be fixed then they will have to replace any after market part I have on the car that was damaged during the accident.

To answer some questions... As mentioned above I am not entirely sure the kid was drunk. I said I believe he was because of reasons I had to believe in that, he smelled like taquila, he had just left a house party because cops had showed up and he kept telling me not to call the cops and that he doesn't want cops involved and finely how else would someone be able to crash into a car that was stopped ahead of him for a good 5 seconds and he had the car in his sight for a good 15 seconds. He managed to also crash into me dead in the middle without without breaking at a pretty fast speed too lol. He also mentioned to me he believes he was going about 40 and by the time he saw me and hit the breaks he couldn't stop because quote "I had turned the traction off so my tires just spined." lol but still I felt really sorry for him so I told him I wouldn't call the cops

Old 09-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok I just got the news... my baby is totaled

Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bad news. Hope you can get something just as nice next.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks. Im aiming for the g37 coupe but it has to be a manual this time. I always liked the sedan more but don't see the point in getting the same car again. Plus i have rims laying around at home that will fit the coupe lol

Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
^ have fun car buying again!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear ended!!! :(