G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New member! 07 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New member! 07 G35x

Hi just bought a used 07 G35x Blue Slate premium with 32k miles!

Been on this and myg37 forums for a bit and glad i finally got one.

I like the car a lot so far (only been 4 hours ) It handles great, power is great, i even heard a little chirp going into 2nd gear didnt think it was possible in AWD + Auto.

guages are awesome, response is pretty good, exhaust pretty good for stock sedan, engine sounds great. Pretty much everything is great except for the piece of crap bose.... my god... my friend's corolla sounds system is better I def want to add a sub, what do u guys recommend for a clean install? i dont need it to be heard from 2 miles away but def need more of a bump...

and im not sure why but my seats are so umcomfortable... the arc in the middle of the seat, has a bumb that sticks out and its killing my mid/lower back. I'm 6 feet 175 not fat or skinny. The bump im taking about is normal though. and the seats arent as soft and comfy as the g37 coupe i sat in =( i thought they were the same? anyone have this issue too? how much would it cost to swap with the dealer?

Other than those 2 things i'd rate this car 8.8 out of 10. Great car.
Mods I plan to do first are tint, debadge a little, black out emblems, swap out everything for leds, interior accent lighting, and more expenisve things later ....

what else is a MUST MOD ?

Old 09-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Glad to hear ya like the car man there should be a way to adjust the support for the middle part of the seat, you can adjust it so that it either pushes out towards the steering wheel giving more of a "bump" or you can push it back towards the rear so its more "smooth".... double check the buttons around your seat man

Coilovers to lower the car to me is a necessity, some people just get lowering springs and thats fine too but I live in a state where it snows so I prefer the adjustability. I just blacked out my headlamps and that was a DIY mod wasn't too hard just took some time and patience check out the pix man!

BTW where are pix of your car?!??!?!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
there should be a lever on the side of the seat that you can either push forward or back to mess with the bump i think its called the lumbar.

if you heard the chirp in 2nd with an awd maybe time for new tires?

black out the grill!!

Last edited by ChinkyChoy; 09-10-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Glad to hear ya like the car man there should be a way to adjust the support for the middle part of the seat, you can adjust it so that it either pushes out towards the steering wheel giving more of a "bump" or you can push it back towards the rear so its more "smooth".... double check the buttons around your seat man

Coilovers to lower the car to me is a necessity, some people just get lowering springs and thats fine too but I live in a state where it snows so I prefer the adjustability. I just blacked out my headlamps and that was a DIY mod wasn't too hard just took some time and patience check out the pix man!

BTW where are pix of your car?!??!?!
Thanks! Nice car dude I like ur head lights a lot, is the DIY posted on here? I wanted to get a white one as well but they sold it =(

Yeah I found the lumbar buttons and played with it a bit and its still not too comfortable =( hope i'll get used to them cuz i dont wanna dish out money to swap for softer seats.

Coilovers was def. in my mind for mods. But are there no side effects on the AWD system? Also i read somwhere about this "droopy" effect?

And I'll have pics up sometime later this weekend, its hasn't been 24 hours yet !

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
there should be a lever on the side of the seat that you can either push forward or back to mess with the bump i think its called the lumbar.

if you heard the chirp in 2nd with an awd maybe time for new tires?

black out the grill!!

haha idk the tires look pretty new to me, does VCD or VDC acutally do anything?

your grill looks pretty nice i'll search more on how to black out the grills

Old 09-10-2010, 10:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Turn off VDC if you want to drive your car hard through the twisties or even in a straight line, when VDC kicks in it slows down your car for a slight second or so, so that you don't lose control but it really just slows you down Just make sure you leave it on during the rain/snow

Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
Thanks! Nice car dude I like ur head lights a lot, is the DIY posted on here? I wanted to get a white one as well but they sold it =(
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...6k-no-way.html