G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

ICC crusie control bracket bent, where to get one???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation ICC crusie control bracket bent, where to get one???

i went to the dealership this morning to get brakes done and get the laser cruise control fixed because it was not working properly and the said that the bracket that holds the laser crusie is bent, i looked at it and it is bent so small that it shouldnt be a big deal, they would not even adjust it or try to align it and said i would need a new bracket and it is not covered under warranty, they unit it self is not cracked or have any physical damage. they do not sell the bracket alone and it comes with the unit which is $1800 which is crazy, i called infiniti corporate and they will call me back tomorrow. where do i find a bracket or where do i get the bracket straightned, i also complained that the grill is pitting and they said its normal wear and tear and i explained how so many people are having the same issues and they dont care. i told that to corporate also.what do you guys recommend? they said the car was in a front end accident of some sort but the frame is straight, just the bumper was repainted.let me know what you guys think i should do. thanks alot

Old 10-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Did you buy this car used? If so then it looks like they might be right when they say the car was in an accident cause otherwise its nearly impossible to bend that bracket, in which case they will not cover it under warranty as well.

I suggest taking it to some other reputable mechanic that you might know and see if they can separate the bracket from the ICC and straighten it out (which im sure they can without much fuss) however if they cant then you best bet is to look for the icc with bracket in a junk yard(you'll be surprised to find the 07-08s in junkyards already)

Otherwise i think you did right by contacting corporate, you never know when you might get lucky and they'll offer to fix the problem for you through the dealer or send just the bracket if they cant prove that your car was in an accident.

If all else fails contact rick@riverside for the best possible price.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:42 AM
all i know is that the front bumper was repainted, nothing else. the unit for the laser is in perfect condition., how can the bracket bend and not break the unit, does not make any sense. i looked online to see if anyone sells them but i cant find it at all. i dont even know the part number. they are also giving me a hard time about the grill and saying that they never heard of it being a problem., i explained that its pitting and they said its normal. which i know its not,.i know plenty of people here that got it replaced with the newer version, this dealer is giving me a hard time.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:43 AM
the bend is so small though and they wouldnt even attempt to just recalibrate the unit they way it is, its such a small bend.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
cant i tell the dealer about this tsb and get the whole unit replaced ?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-included.html

Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Yeah, they won't deal with any changes to the bracket. I tried this when trying to swap bumpers... too much liability.

It takes only a few minutes to pull the front bumper off. Pull the bumper, take the unit off, tweak it and reinstall.
$1800 is crazy... and about what the quoted me as well.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
A junk yard would probably let you take the bracket without the sensor.

Do you actually use the ICC?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
^ ya thats one thing to consider, my friend also has the ICC and he has never used it once, he said it was a headache for him... but i use it daily for commute on the high ways so for me its a great gadget.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:32 PM
how do i try to align it myself?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:34 PM
^ not a good idea really. its a very sensitive and crucial device, you can try but id recommend not too since the sensor has to be perfectly aligned to pickup cars in front and not pick up cars coming towards you on a road with no dividers. If you dont get it perfect then it could be a huge safety hazard for yourself and other imho.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
Do you actually use the ICC?
I used mine all the way down the Mass Pike on my way to work this morning.
I absolutely love it. Set it to 80 and flow with the traffic.

I love it, but I admit that I often times forget I even have it.

I went to a Roger Waters concert last weekend and on my long way home late that night, all I wanted was my ICC but when I turned it on, it flipped out. I knew exactly what it was and when I got home, I reached under to the sensor and pulled a big wet leave off of the lens.
I didn't want to pull over on a dark rainy night at 2am and have a drunk take me out while cleaning the sensor, but I do use it and love having it when I do.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 PM
they did some sort of software update for the navigation and could not even update the maps!!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Did you buy the map update code online(~$100) and give it to the dealer?

If so check the nav version under settings to see if they did or did not in fact update your system with new maps.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
they did not, its still the 06-07 version.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
^ did you give buy and give them the update code form online though? and did they charge you for the install?? Cause if you dont give them the update code they cant upgrade it for you for free unless they are trying to make up for something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ICC crusie control bracket bent, where to get one???