G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The G is about to get serious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 12:25 AM
hmmmm i might consider buying them now. always thought they weren't but this is good news

Old 02-13-2011 | 03:41 PM
|
Hey guys ok so i finally installed the sways finished the rears this morning

My Setup:
19x8.5 LMGT's all around
BC Coilovers
GTSpec Front Strut Bar
SPC front and rear camber kit

Here is my review/opinions on the sway bars:
Packaging = excellent
Install= easy to moderate - depends if you have the right tools some stubborn bolts made it kind of difficult at times but nothing a wrench extension and WD-40 couldnt handle

Hotchkis settings: Stiffest in the front and medium in the rear.

i did some spirited driving around base and in an empty parking lot before putting these sways in so that i could get the most before and after feeling. did alot of swerving back and forth and some hard turns to get the feeling of OEM sways.

There is an obvious difference between OEM sways the the Hotchkis sways the hotchkis sways are huge and alot heavier.

after installing the sways i immediately took the car back to the same empty parking lot and did some spirited driving across base.

when making turns i immediately noticed a significant difference it feels like the car is more sturdy and flat on the ground. before installing there were times where i was scared that i would actually flip the car or get thrown into the passenger seat because i was turning so hard. i tried to recreate the same scenario but it took more speed and a sharper turn after putting in the new sways. For me the difference was night and day.

overall the sways make the car feel more sturdy in turns and feels like it helps keep all 4 wheels on the ground when making a turn. with the new sways it also feels like i get a bit more under-steer but i believe that will go away after getting use to the new sways.

The only down side i have to say about these sways are that on a really crappy road it feels even more bumpy and rough but readjusting the dampening on the coils should fix that

Last edited by ChinkyChoy; 02-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-16-2011 | 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
Thanks!!!
i cant say that i will give you an unbiased response because this the only intake system i ve had on my car. sorry if this is a long read!

I cant say that i really notice much of a gain because its my only power gaining mod but the sound it makes when i hit 3k RPMs is indescribable!!! everyone who has rode in my car has noticed it even if they heard it for the first time. and when accelerating from a stop light or punching it on the freeway it turns heads for sure! although i cant say its helping my gas milage when i pop open the hood people are like cause it does really stand out. the black chrome looks amazing too! and the heat shields are really well put together! although it may cost 100$ more than your regular SRI i believe its well worth it. If i had to do it all over i wouldnt hesitate buying one again!!

hope that helps if you got anymore questions fire away!

I know right good thing a quick search on the forums saved alot of money on new tires in the future

i read over alot of threads about the BC coilovers before buying them and people have said that they have survived winters with them i havent read anything about them seizing or blowing out yet so i decided to go with them instead of cheaper alternatives. where i go to school i dont really get out much except for the weekends so i m not really worried about driving the G alot and if it really snows around here there are plenty of people who lend their cars out its the system that we have here! freshman and sophomores arnt allowed to have cars so they borrow from upperclassmen (of course the G will never be lent out) so i ll just borrow another car and keep the G safely stored away. surprisingly for how much snow we get here CO roads are pretty good!

SPC camber kits ordered from THM Motor sports - great customer service ordered and shipped out today! will be here before the weekend to be installed!
Do you have the part number(s) for the camber kit that you purchased?

Old 02-16-2011 | 10:24 AM
|
Originally Posted by AntonioWright
Do you have the part number(s) for the camber kit that you purchased?
i believe the SPC fronts are 72130

and the rear camber arms are 72260

rear cams are 72265

i called TH Motor sports and they pretty much got everything i needed

Old 04-12-2011 | 10:50 AM
|
Quick Update!

putting in my order for an Ark Exhaust system sometime this week!

also ordered some stuff from detailed image to keep my G fresh and clean

Old 04-12-2011 | 11:27 AM
I think I might have to get in on that pre order for the X too. The ARK exhaust is legit

Old 04-30-2011 | 02:43 PM
|
ok time to bring this back from the dead!

ARK Catback exhaust system has been ordered and should be in either mid to late May.

Bringing in my G today to get a new sound system and some subs (pics will come soon)

and got my new starter button in today

so everyone stay tuned!

Old 04-30-2011 | 03:24 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
How much for the starter button? Did you have to send in your old one? Any pix?!?!

Old 04-30-2011 | 06:08 PM
|
Originally Posted by Locksmith
How much for the starter button? Did you have to send in your old one? Any pix?!?!
it was 25 shipped and yeah you send bak you old stuff.

only thing was that its only the guts of the button cause he didnt have any g35 buttons so i have to change out the guts which isnt hard at all

didnt have time to do the button mod cause i dropped off my car for the sound system :P

Old 05-01-2011 | 05:42 PM
^ look atchu!

Old 05-04-2011 | 11:16 PM
|
more pix tomorrow after i detail and clean :P

Old 05-06-2011 | 12:03 AM
|
snowed a couple times this week and now its supposed to be in the mid 70's for the next couple of days so i decided to wash and wax the G

so i cleaned her up and snapped some pix hope you guys like!

These are the products i used to to give my G a bath

And the sound system:

Some random pix after cleaning around base

I know i need/want to black out my heads but i m not confident enough to do it or possess the tools i need...

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:02 AM
|
What do you all think about this front lip???

The following users liked this post:
dev1983 (08-04-2011)
Old 05-12-2011 | 02:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
^ Personally I hate it man! No offense but I think that front makes the car look too bulky, I don't think it flows properly with the rest of the vehicle. I like the OEM front lip and so far I don't think I've seen any other front lips that look good for the journey front but thats just my opinion. The sport bumper seems to get the better looking front lips

EDIT: Now that I look at that front lip more its not THATTTT bad but I still don't like it sorry.

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:08 AM
ur car looks great chinky, liking the integrated sub setup and rims! the lip is nice but it doesnt blend in with the bumper and the color seems off, its standing out too much where it meets the bumper imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G is about to get serious