G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The G is about to get serious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
HFC and FI catback wayyy before the BBK. you will get alot more enjoyment out of that. also look into doing the DIY midnight black grille, as well as maybe the Autox rear Diffuser. Painting the inside of the headlights looks pretty nice too along with the grille.

Old 10-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
If you want to do wheels that look like the SF winnings and are about $1200 cheaper look into the Axis penta in 19x9.5 +25 with 245/35/19 all around. Since you will be lowered on coils these size wheels will look very flush and nice. Trust me when I say that get the right size wheels and offsets right from the start instead of adding spacers later. As for the BBK tue akebono kit is the best bang for the buck in the BBK section of our car. The R2C intakes are good. For exhausts you don't have alot of choices, but you can either go Fast Intentions or Stillen unless you don't mind paying extra to have a new Y pipe made that fits our cars.
yeah i looked in to those wheels for an alternative, and if i am running low on $$$ i ll most likely pick em up. Thanks alot for the wheel specs too really helpful!! but would i have to do any fender rolling with those specs? i was thinking of running more along the lines of a 19x8.5 because i dont want wheels too wide since its an AWD. and yeah will be looking in to the akebonos probably will get them powder coated too if i do pick em up.

Originally Posted by JDM_V35
I have ssr gt3 19x8.5 all around if your interested
nice wheels but not really my style sorry

Originally Posted by infinitig35
If you have the $, go with HRE's.
super nice wheels but i m not that baller

Originally Posted by Austin713
HFC and FI catback wayyy before the BBK. you will get alot more enjoyment out of that. also look into doing the DIY midnight black grille, as well as maybe the Autox rear Diffuser. Painting the inside of the headlights looks pretty nice too along with the grille.
will be jumping on the headlights asap to match the blacked out grill an tints. I will either be doing them myself or sending them to Igor in NYC since he does some really nice work with headlights! i really want to do HFC and FI catbacks but the problem is trying to find a nice shop around here that will do a decent job. also finding time to do it too...

Thanks again for the inputs!!! keep em coming!!!

Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
19x8.5 is fine too, but the problem is going to be the negative camber. What that does is when you lower your car lets say the same as Eibach Springs the rims will tuck about .5 inch inside the fender. How i know this is because im dropped on Eibachs right now and im also running the axis Penta 20x9.0 +40 and they tuck about an .5 behind the fender.
heres a crappy pic to explain what im talking about. Assuming your car will be lower they will tuck in more

Im planning to get new wheel with some really aggressive offsets, or i might just be cheap and buy spacers(which i dont want to do)

Old 10-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
add pics here after each mod please! ;-D

Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 PM
19x8.5 is fine too, but the problem is going to be the negative camber. What that does is when you lower your car lets say the same as Eibach Springs the rims will tuck about .5 inch inside the fender. How i know this is because im dropped on Eibachs right now and im also running the axis Penta 20x9.0 +40 and they tuck about an .5 behind the fender.
heres a crappy pic to explain what im talking about. Assuming your car will be lower they will tuck in more

Im planning to get new wheel with some really aggressive offsets, or i might just be cheap and buy spacers(which i dont want to do)
Thanks for the info yeah I m gana put in the coilovers first and lower it then see what kind of offset i need. I really appreciate the heads up! i was originally going to go with a +35 offset, but from what you explained i might need a little less than that.

Very nice clean sedan!! a G and a benz dam!! someone is rollin big.

Originally Posted by djfarhan
add pics here after each mod please! ;-D
with out a doubt!!! i ll be sure to keep this thread updated was kinda inspired to make it after i saw your mod thread lol which i must say very nice looking!!!

BC coilovers, R2C intake, and Bluebat taillight overlays ordered if they arrive sometime this week i will attempt to install all of it over the weekend!!! stay tuned folks!!

Old 10-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the compliment. The Benz is my brothers and my daily beater is the Honda accord in the background since I only drive my car 2-3 days out of the week

Old 10-16-2010, 10:24 PM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I started this same line of thinking when I got my 07 G35X. Was all rev'ed up for wheels and braces and intakes and catbacks.... and grounding kits. Then I started doing some in depth research and realized that most of this stuff does very little to enhance performance in a way that would be useful and in most cases even be noticeable. Most of them also lower the value of the car. Many of them also start you down a long long road of troubleshooting the problems they create.

If you like the way they look. If you like the noises they make. If you like the way dropping all that cash makes you feel. Then go for it. Nothing wrong with it.

I saved the money I'd spend on all that stuff and bought me an 06 6MT Coupe instead. I will probably be adding some better brake pads and fluid for some HPDE events but other than that it is staying stock too.

Just a thought. Probably not a popular one here, but maybe worth thinking about.....

Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by N80
I started this same line of thinking when I got my 07 G35X. Was all rev'ed up for wheels and braces and intakes and catbacks.... and grounding kits. Then I started doing some in depth research and realized that most of this stuff does very little to enhance performance in a way that would be useful and in most cases even be noticeable. Most of them also lower the value of the car. Many of them also start you down a long long road of troubleshooting the problems they create.

If you like the way they look. If you like the noises they make. If you like the way dropping all that cash makes you feel. Then go for it. Nothing wrong with it.

I saved the money I'd spend on all that stuff and bought me an 06 6MT Coupe instead. I will probably be adding some better brake pads and fluid for some HPDE events but other than that it is staying stock too.

Just a thought. Probably not a popular one here, but maybe worth thinking about.....
I understand where you are coming from. at first i told my self that i wouldnt mod this car but then i decided that i absolutely love this car and i ll will more than likely drive it to the ground so i m not really worried about the mods decreasing the value of my car. Also thats the exactly reason why i am modding my car because i have a little extra cash, like the way it sounds, and looks.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:03 AM
decided to mess around with the badges because i got so bored this weekend and excited for my new parts to come in!!!

hope you all like it

Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 AM
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Plasti dip lol?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is your tint in the back and back passenger if you dont mind me asking? just what ive been looking for..

Old 10-18-2010, 06:10 AM
35% on the side windows and 20% rear window.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by apexi957
Plasti dip lol?
bingo! the thing is amazing!

i got so bored i plasti-dipped my friend's windshield as a joke i ll get the pics ASAP when i can find my camera cord.

it was hilarious when we saw it i told him some punk kids spray painted his windshield

Old 10-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You mean "former" friend, and we'll need pics asap please.......

Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
exhaust and tune is the way to go.. thats how the 2011 G37 got the xtra 20hp..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G is about to get serious