G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The G is about to get serious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by djfarhan
can u tell us where u got the undertray from? thanks!
I heard about you and your undertray farhan lol someone described it as a grenade when off under you car or something hahah

Here is where i got my undertray from i havent insstalled it yet so i cant tell you how the fitment is but i called them to make sure it did and they said yes. also it looks like the prices went up again i managed to snag mine for 50$

This is for non X models
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...ts+%26+Mirrors

This is for X models
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...ts+%26+Mirrors

these are not OEM undertrays they are aftermarket ones only reason why i got one was because they are way cheaper but since prices went back up i dunno choice is up to you!

hope this helps!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
haha thanks!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I know right good thing a quick search on the forums saved alot of money on new tires in the future

i read over alot of threads about the BC coilovers before buying them and people have said that they have survived winters with them i havent read anything about them seizing or blowing out yet so i decided to go with them instead of cheaper alternatives. where i go to school i dont really get out much except for the weekends so i m not really worried about driving the G alot and if it really snows around here there are plenty of people who lend their cars out its the system that we have here! freshman and sophomores arnt allowed to have cars so they borrow from upperclassmen (of course the G will never be lent out) so i ll just borrow another car and keep the G safely stored away. surprisingly for how much snow we get here CO roads are pretty good!

SPC camber kits ordered from THM Motor sports - great customer service ordered and shipped out today! will be here before the weekend to be installed!
I should mention that one of the reasons the R2C intakes are pricey is because of the quality and performance gains you receive (saw a dyno). Their air filters alone are on par if not better than the APEXi air filter (this could be debated, but I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just what I saw on the forums). Honestly what ever the price may be the design and quality speaks for itself. There are lots of intakes out there, but I believe this is definitely top notch and will be ordering one once all holidays are over with. Glad you are loving yours

Old 11-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
just read everything and caught up on your work. So far looks good man. keep up the good work. When do you plan to get your exhaust? If you do, fast intentions is pretty good. I love the way it looks. Not too loud, not too soft. Unless you want loud then go with something else.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by djfarhan
haha thanks!
No prob!

Originally Posted by petro2342
I should mention that one of the reasons the R2C intakes are pricey is because of the quality and performance gains you receive (saw a dyno). Their air filters alone are on par if not better than the APEXi air filter (this could be debated, but I'm not here to argue with anyone. Just what I saw on the forums). Honestly what ever the price may be the design and quality speaks for itself. There are lots of intakes out there, but I believe this is definitely top notch and will be ordering one once all holidays are over with. Glad you are loving yours
^^ i second every thing he says here the R2C is top notch stuff you couldnt possibly go wrong with it. even with the price being higher than all the other short ram intakes it worth it. Go big or go home

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
just read everything and caught up on your work. So far looks good man. keep up the good work. When do you plan to get your exhaust? If you do, fast intentions is pretty good. I love the way it looks. Not too loud, not too soft. Unless you want loud then go with something else.
Thank you!! t
he exhaust might be a while because if the weather gets worse then i dont know if its going to be worth having in the winter time i dont want it to get all beat up. But if i can come up with the money and the weather seems to hold a bit longer then maybe i might jump on this or if FI has a holiday sale or something!!! Yeah wasnt looking for something really loud i still want to be able to enjoy cruising! Thanks for the input

This weekend will be another busy one! List to do:
  • Install Camber kits
  • Buy/ Mount tires
  • Align Wheels
  • Other small aesthetics (secret )
  • Wash car!

And now the long awaited picture updates (more to come after weekend!!)

I know the wheels are dirty i just wiped em down real fast for some pictures.

Big thanks to Matzo Ball Soup for the wheels!!!

And just a random pic because the sky was really pretty outside sorry crappy camera

Old 11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
epic rims! I wanna see how these look on the 2nd gen. Put em on already lol

Old 11-17-2010, 08:09 PM
are you going for show, racing or just for pleasure?

Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by platinumg35x
epic rims! I wanna see how these look on the 2nd gen. Put em on already lol
hahahahaha i know i want to sooo bad but i gota wait for the weekend because of school

am i gana be the first/only 2nd gen sedan to run these wheels?

thanks!!! Will be updating with pics probably sunday depending if i can get everything done!

are you going for show, racing or just for pleasure?
wont be racing or tracking for sure. really this is just for show and pleasure lol
its keeps me doing something i've never modded a car before so its a fun project and we'll see where it take me!

Old 11-18-2010, 12:40 AM
If for show you have to start cleaning up that engine bay. It's a lot of work but it will look soo much better.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:05 PM
If for show you have to start cleaning up that engine bay. It's a lot of work but it will look soo much better.
i knowww but the thing is i m too scared to mess around in my engine bay. i just wanted to bring it to some car meets nothing too big

Ok quick update!

Wheels are at the tire shop to be mounted and will be picking them up tomorrow! if the camber kits are installed then i will get an alignment too!

here are some goodies that came in today!
i know its not the most popular mod here but i like the JDM look so i am re-badging everything even the engine bay.

Check back soon!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:56 PM
This is what i did to my engine bay. This picture is old and haven't updated my pix yet. I did more work in the past 7 months. I try to do most of it myself to save money. Maybe it will give you some ideas on what to do to yours. I am now starting to work in the interior of the car, but still working in the engine bay.

Attached Thumbnails The G is about to get serious-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 11-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 98 Likes on 82 Posts
coming along nice

Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM
This is what i did to my engine bay. This picture is old and haven't updated my pix yet. I did more work in the past 7 months. I try to do most of it myself to save money. Maybe it will give you some ideas on what to do to yours. I am now starting to work in the interior of the car, but still working in the engine bay.
ohhh Updated pix please!!
Yeah i wanted to to do the whole color match thing but i dont really have the time here at school. i love how neat and clean everything is! i dont see alot of 2nd gen engine bays... wish we had some polished parts and stuff like the 1st gen guys. But looks awesome!!! will be working on the engine bay slowly now that the wheels are done!

Originally Posted by BlkSedan4me
coming along nice
Thank you very much!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 PM
so i worked all day from 9-5 to get the camber kits and wheels mounted... and still ran outa time to go to the alignment shop so here are some teasers!

will be washing the car tomorrow and taking better pix!!! Stay tuned!!!

Hope you all like it!i just snapped a few pix cause it was getting dark! Enjoy!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:41 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
LMGT4s FTW! Lookin' good man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G is about to get serious