G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The G is about to get serious

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:16 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Maybe you can just lower the back a bit and call it a day . Haha jk. Looks nice man, i'm jealous.

I should be ordering coilovers in 2 or 3 months

Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 PM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Looks good!!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Looks sick lowered man!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by apexi957
Maybe you can just lower the back a bit and call it a day . Haha jk. Looks nice man, i'm jealous.

I should be ordering coilovers in 2 or 3 months
lol if i went any lower i can kiss everything underneath good bye. yeah man get on the coilovers the ride is so much better!!!

Originally Posted by atoor1990
Looks good!!
Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by Locksmith
Looks sick lowered man!
Thanks alot!!

Thanks for all the complements, but the ride is too low for my liking lol
i am scraping.. and the worst part is the springs are probably settled so my ride is even lower... i am getting the best of both worlds right now scraping and rubbing when i turn too sharp...

Next free chance i get i am raising it a bit so that i wont have wheel gap but i am not scrapping or rubbing.

also i just ordered some wheels for my ride
stay tuned!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great progress...any rattling issues with the bc coils? How's the ride compared to stock? What's the max you can raise the rears to?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by platinumg35x
great progress...any rattling issues with the bc coils? How's the ride compared to stock? What's the max you can raise the rears to?
Thanks! Pm sent!

Contemplating on getting some KICS Heptagon Caliber 24 lugs with the wheels
Looking for some 40mm lugs any suggestions???

Ok so i decided on my next mods (not particularly in this order)
Subs (wont be ordinary sub box in the trunk will be special )
Exhaust - i have no idea on this subject any inputs would be greatly appreciated
Front lip (mine is pretty banged up )

Old 11-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
FI exhaust + test pipes sounds awesome

Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by apexi957
FI exhaust + test pipes sounds awesome
I searched this on youtube and it sounds great! but i know that youtube will never do any exhaust system any justice.

how about the FI exhaust with HFC??

or any thoughts on greddy or ARK?

also saw your thread about the painted headlights i might try this tomorrow if i am brave enough

Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
What kind of wheels did ya get???

Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
lookin good

Bat

Old 11-14-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks Everyone!!

sorry i havnt updated in awhile the wheels should be in this week i believe and they will remain a surprise until i get em mounted

New Aftermarket undertray came in!!! got it for under 50$

ordered some other little goodies here and there so i ll be updating with more pics

Really liking the FI catback which will most likely end up on my car very soon too

and stupid me i totally overlooked camber kits when i was shopping because i got so excited lol now i am probably going to end up getting some SPC camber kits

Check back at the end of the weekend

Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice progress on the G!! I'm going to start modding mine soon....if I can ever save up some extra $$$.

Question...how did you like the R2C? I was considering that intake as my first mod. I'm curious as to your impressions of it after install?

Enjoy the modding!

Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
and stupid me i totally overlooked camber kits when i was shopping because i got so excited lol now i am probably going to end up getting some SPC camber kits
I'm surprised no one caught this. Camber kits are a must and should always be paired when ordering parts like this. You'll enjoy your ride more once you adjust everything to spec.

However I do have one question for you. Why did you choose to install coilovers right in the beginning of the snow season? I've read a number of people pulling their coilovers for winter so they don't seize/leak cause of the salt and temperature. That's probably what I'll have to do is wait till spring time to install mine to get maximum life out of them.

Looking forward towards more updates.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
can u tell us where u got the undertray from? thanks!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by red00lght
Nice progress on the G!! I'm going to start modding mine soon....if I can ever save up some extra $$$.

Question...how did you like the R2C? I was considering that intake as my first mod. I'm curious as to your impressions of it after install?

Enjoy the modding!
Thanks!!!
i cant say that i will give you an unbiased response because this the only intake system i ve had on my car. sorry if this is a long read!

I cant say that i really notice much of a gain because its my only power gaining mod but the sound it makes when i hit 3k RPMs is indescribable!!! everyone who has rode in my car has noticed it even if they heard it for the first time. and when accelerating from a stop light or punching it on the freeway it turns heads for sure! although i cant say its helping my gas milage when i pop open the hood people are like cause it does really stand out. the black chrome looks amazing too! and the heat shields are really well put together! although it may cost 100$ more than your regular SRI i believe its well worth it. If i had to do it all over i wouldnt hesitate buying one again!!

hope that helps if you got anymore questions fire away!

Originally Posted by petro2342
I'm surprised no one caught this. Camber kits are a must and should always be paired when ordering parts like this. You'll enjoy your ride more once you adjust everything to spec.

However I do have one question for you. Why did you choose to install coilovers right in the beginning of the snow season? I've read a number of people pulling their coilovers for winter so they don't seize/leak cause of the salt and temperature. That's probably what I'll have to do is wait till spring time to install mine to get maximum life out of them.

Looking forward towards more updates.
I know right good thing a quick search on the forums saved alot of money on new tires in the future

i read over alot of threads about the BC coilovers before buying them and people have said that they have survived winters with them i havent read anything about them seizing or blowing out yet so i decided to go with them instead of cheaper alternatives. where i go to school i dont really get out much except for the weekends so i m not really worried about driving the G alot and if it really snows around here there are plenty of people who lend their cars out its the system that we have here! freshman and sophomores arnt allowed to have cars so they borrow from upperclassmen (of course the G will never be lent out) so i ll just borrow another car and keep the G safely stored away. surprisingly for how much snow we get here CO roads are pretty good!

SPC camber kits ordered from THM Motor sports - great customer service ordered and shipped out today! will be here before the weekend to be installed!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The G is about to get serious