G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Oakville Infiniti - 2007 G35x Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by PJStyles
Which TSB's did you have done at the Guelph Dealership and is there anyone I could speak with there that you know? The issue I have is that my car is a U.S vehicle. Canadian dealerships seem to hate honoring TSB's for U.S vehicles.
I had TSBs ITB09-037b (brake judder) and ITB07-034c (door weather strip) done to my G. They also did something for the passenger airbag sensor. I didn't ask for it but I happened to notice it on the work order when I was in for my FREE lifetime oil change. I'm sure is was a warranty item.

I always speak directly to Scott Bertrand, Service Advisor. Kathy and Judy are equally helpful.
He's not a push over by any means but he's very reasonable. You just have to remember to always approach dealerships calmly and politely if that's the type of response you are looking for in return.

I also had my chipped front grill replaced in Guelph (no TSB) and so did GEE35FX when he had his 07G35X.
Scott denied my initial request to replace my grill but he did say he would look at it again following the winter. The next time he saw it, it was clearly worse, and he agreed to change it. He took one off of a new car on the lot so he could change it right away.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had similar experince. However 2 of my grill were crap in less then 10000km. Second one they were hesitating so I just told them not to worry and bought a midnight grill.

My brake was crap at 30k they only agreed with I pay half they pay half. 15k later it is crap again. Not even sure if it is worth to go there to get it fixed since it wwill be ****ty again in a year. Might as well just get an aftermarket one and call it a day. Will see I will go and see them around xmas. I mostly deal with Mike and Judy. They both friendly and knowledgable.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:52 PM
They did my brakes at about 28000km, Sept 3 2009 and they have been smooth since. I'm now at 52500km.
I have Plasti-Dip on my new grill.... just to protect it of course

Old 11-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

^that looks great Paul

Plasti-dip sure is popular these days.

Old 11-26-2010, 12:47 AM
looks nice and clean. Wait till the snow comes and leaves that white salt deposit on the car. LOL

Old 11-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the exact same experience with Oakville Infiniti. It seems here in Canada, those ITB Service Bulletins do not apply because they are released by the NTSA which is a U.S organization. It's utterly nonsense!

I did, however, get the Throttle Sensitivity fixed under warranty as well as the wind noise. You mentioned the fuel filler cap - what is the issue with this? It's the only item on there I didn't recognize as far as an ongoing issue.

Thanks

PJStyles
This is where the plastic connector holding the filler cap attached to your car came off. Very minor, but still good to have it done while warranty still active...

Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by tg1234
looks nice and clean. Wait till the snow comes and leaves that white salt deposit on the car. LOL
haha...you dont know me very well. There will be no salt depositing on my G. Plus, they dont salt the roads in our region

Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Did the ECU flash make a difference?
The ride is much smoother now. Seems a bit hesitant at first, but i one night i drove it like a maniac, very agressive and it seems to adjust to your driving habits.. For me the start was killing me before the ECU flash..it felt like riding a kangaroo . Now the start is MUCH better. Again, you'll find people that loved that I'd say if you don't absolutely hate it, don't do it. One other thing i noticed and i found other people having issues with is, after this update, the RPM drops to 600,500 maybe when idling, and that doesn't happen all the time.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:51 AM
Guelph Infiniti have excellent customer service.
The TSB's apply in Canada or the dealers wouldn't follow them. I've had 2 TSB related repairs done in Guelph.
The woman i purchased the car from was from Guelph and she took her car there with excellent results. Guelph seems to be getting all the best reviews C'omon Oakville, you can do it!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by erros0007
The ride is much smoother now. .....
Glad to hear that it worked out for you.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:42 AM
Which TSB's did you have done at the Guelph Dealership and is there anyone I could speak with there that you know? The issue I have is that my car is a U.S vehicle. Canadian dealerships seem to hate honoring TSB's for U.S vehicles.
I've had the same "treatment" with my other car - US Pathfinder. If you open a case with the corporate office, i'm sure things will start moving.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
haha...you dont know me very well. There will be no salt depositing on my G. Plus, they dont salt the roads in our region
Lucky you. LOL

Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Funny thing is I did open a case with the corporate office and they too didn't want to acknowledge the TSB's as they are released by the National Highway Safety Transportation in the U.S. The guy I spoke to was a really p*ick!

I've got my car booked in with the Oakville dealership and have printed off the TSB's. The guy told me on the phone they would look at them but that if the brake pads were too worn out, they wouldn't replace the pads for free.

How would you respond to that? Do you offer to pay just for the brake pad parts but not the labour or any other work involved in the repair?

Thanks

Originally Posted by erros0007
I've had the same "treatment" with my other car - US Pathfinder. If you open a case with the corporate office, i'm sure things will start moving.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:13 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I always speak directly to Scott Bertrand, Service Advisor. Kathy and Judy are equally helpful.
He's not a push over by any means but he's very reasonable. You just have to remember to always approach dealerships calmly and politely if that's the type of response you are looking for in return.

I also had my chipped front grill replaced in Guelph (no TSB) and so did GEE35FX when he had his 07G35X.
Scott denied my initial request to replace my grill but he did say he would look at it again following the winter. The next time he saw it, it was clearly worse, and he agreed to change it. He took one off of a new car on the lot so he could change it right away.
I agree, the service folks have been great with me also at Guelph. Of course, it definitely helps when I have bought 3 Infinitis from them. Usually I deal with Judy or Mike at the Service Desk, but I have also had good service by Scott.
Heck they have offered to come to Kincardine to pick up my vehicle for Warranty work and drop off a Loaner while mine was being fixed and that's 135 kms away.

Paul that grille looks great, and you always keep your car immaculate.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Funny thing is I did open a case with the corporate office and they too didn't want to acknowledge the TSB's as they are released by the National Highway Safety Transportation in the U.S. The guy I spoke to was a really p*ick!

I've got my car booked in with the Oakville dealership and have printed off the TSB's. The guy told me on the phone they would look at them but that if the brake pads were too worn out, they wouldn't replace the pads for free.

How would you respond to that? Do you offer to pay just for the brake pad parts but not the labour or any other work involved in the repair?

Thanks
That's a bit of a grey area. Depending on the km's on the car, when and if you changed the pads last, if the TSB is the brake judder, they might just say it's due to worn pads. I'd say just make sure they know you have an open case with corporate and get whatever you can get. When i took mine in, they said i had aftermarket pads and they can't fix that, though they acknwoledged not the pads being the issue, but the rotors. They offered to fix them for $350 or something like that. The alternative would be if you have the time to try the Guelph dealership. Seems a lot of people are happy with Guelph.