G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Finally mounted and hooked up my HTC Incredible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if anyone decides to do this with an iphone/ipad/ipod touch, take some pictures and let us know how it looks!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 AM
sure il be doin it soon and il keep ya posted how it goes.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Do you think that the bracketron mount could be attached on the other side (driver's side)? I was thinking I would rather have the phone a bit closer to me for GPS fiddling?

Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 PM
The EVO does have the ability to do it. Its just that your phone has to be rooted. You can install FULL HDMI onto it, and get the same setup.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by jdg5005
Do you think that the bracketron mount could be attached on the other side (driver's side)? I was thinking I would rather have the phone a bit closer to me for GPS fiddling?
Yeah, I pressure mounted mine to the same side as OP, but you could do it to either side. You may want to have someone hold it for you before you pressure mount it to do a test run with you in the drivers seat. I didn't like the bracket that close to my leg, but to each their own.

Last edited by SpidersG35; 03-26-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask, but I figured this thread has enough views. So here goes... I have my Android device hooked up with a bluetooth receiver in my center armrest. That bluetooth receiver is hooked up to an ipod audio cable to my aux in. I know my phone supports bluetooth (as well as hard wired headset) audio controls, like next or previous track. I was wondering if there was a way to have the steering wheel controls (track up and down) work for my aux setup. Any help, as always, is much appreciated.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rumor is... The iPhone 5 will have full video output capability too. I can only hope.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by SpidersG35
Yeah, I pressure mounted mine to the same side as OP, but you could do it to either side. You may want to have someone hold it for you before you pressure mount it to do a test run with you in the drivers seat. I didn't like the bracket that close to my leg, but to each their own.
In order to pressure mount the bracket, did you have to take the center console apart or just pry the center away from the glove box wall and push the bracket in between with some double sided tape?

Old 03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SpidersG35
Not sure if this would be the right thread to ask, but I figured this thread has enough views. So here goes... I have my Android device hooked up with a bluetooth receiver in my center armrest. That bluetooth receiver is hooked up to an ipod audio cable to my aux in. I know my phone supports bluetooth (as well as hard wired headset) audio controls, like next or previous track. I was wondering if there was a way to have the steering wheel controls (track up and down) work for my aux setup. Any help, as always, is much appreciated.
Not possible with your current setup as your bt receiver has no way of sending or receiving data via the stereo minijack (in your case the ipod audio cable).

Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
God I love my Incredible, its overshadowed by the Galaxy and X but I still like it most.

Looking at the Thunderbolt when my contract is up, sticking with HTC.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by jdg5005
In order to pressure mount the bracket, did you have to take the center console apart or just pry the center away from the glove box wall and push the bracket in between with some double sided tape?
Simply remove the shift console, unscrew the 2 center console pieces at the bottom and place the bracket in between the console and the desired location. Put everything back together, and you should be fine. I would show pictures, but unfortunately, my ride is in the shop for the next 2 weeks, getting an engine replaced due to oil consumption... =-(

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitJazz
Not possible with your current setup as your bt receiver has no way of sending or receiving data via the stereo minijack (in your case the ipod audio cable).
What if I got the USASPEC Ipod connector? I could hook up my Sprint FIPO Bluetooth unit to the iPod connector. Not sure if that would work or not. I might have to try that FIPO unit on a sounddock with a remote to see if that would work first.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Not a fan of usa-spec, had a unit for my ipod in my BMW and although it worked for the most part, it would have hiccups where it would suddenly not detect the ipod. There was no remedy other than to wait for the unit to reset or to turn off the car and turn it back on to detect again. Sound quality was not so great either, the signal was distorted a slight bit and this is with all the EQ settings turned off on the ipod. You might want to look into the GROM aux interface and hook in your Sprint BT unit. I'm not familiar with fipo, is it able to send and receive input data via bt?

Old 03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by InfinitJazz
Not a fan of usa-spec, had a unit for my ipod in my BMW and although it worked for the most part, it would have hiccups where it would suddenly not detect the ipod. There was no remedy other than to wait for the unit to reset or to turn off the car and turn it back on to detect again. Sound quality was not so great either, the signal was distorted a slight bit and this is with all the EQ settings turned off on the ipod. You might want to look into the GROM aux interface and hook in your Sprint BT unit. I'm not familiar with fipo, is it able to send and receive input data via bt?
According to a review on amazon, it works with a blackberry so the steering wheel controls work with the unit and the factory ipod connector. Imma stop by an audio shop by my house to test it out... When I get my car back in a couple weeks, I'm biting... Will update when its done...

Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
sswweeet! wish the iphone had apps out compatibility!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Finally mounted and hooked up my HTC Incredible