G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

CPO from another state?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by HJ22L
I work right by Ray Catena Infiniti in Bridgewater. Only problem is, they don't have the one I want haha. I want one with the navigation and back up camera. I'm pretty sure I qualify for it. Does anyone know if they'll have better deals after thanksgiving?
If you just want backup camera just get the 2008 infiniti g35x sedan with nav package. It comes with nav and bakup camera. The tech package sedans cost way more since they are rare. You get one extra year for warranty bumper to bumper and you can find one for 24k at the dealer with lower miles...only the 2007 sedans needed the tech package to come with backup camera, which is why I bought the 2007 g35x sedan with tech package. If I bought the 2008 model I would've only got the nav package, because it comes with everything except the afs and adaptive cruise control.

And to answer your question: Yes, it comes with the remainder of the original warranty. Be forewarned that it is about to expire since 2011 is right around the corner. You have to go to Infiniti dealer to confirm when the original owner purchased the vehicle.

Like I said, I paid only 28k in May 2009 for a 2007 G35x Sedan with tech, premium, wood, and nav packages and it only had 21k miles at an Infiniti dealer. If you still want to go for the 2007 G35x sedan with tech, I suggest you bargain with them to around 22k. Your sedan has HIGHER miles and is OLDER, and your price seems to be higher than I expected.

I had LOTS of warranty work done on my car after purchase even a year from now. You can read my 3-year review. Nothing too major, just things like power steering rack, window trim, etc...

Now I have an engine ticking noise, which may not be covered by powertrain, but covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty. I really recommend you getting the 2008 sedan, since you have almost 2 years to find problems after driving the car. You don't know how the previous owner treated the car.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 11-23-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Ok I just bought a 2007 CPO Sedan 6MT/ Prem/Nav/Tech for $25,999 from JimColeman Infiniti in MD, it had 30,900 miles. Note my location, yes i drove 12 hrs to get it. I didn't try to negotiate the price because cars in my area were going for $25988 without the Tech package, and not certified.

It won't be in perfect condition so if something needs to get replaced, nicely ask them to do it, if not then after you buy it take it to your local dealer and they will replace it. I just took mine Saturday to my local dealer to get drivers side arm-rest pull replaced, as well as the guage cluster trim. Mind you I still have temp dealer plates from MD displayed on my car since its only been 2 weeks. No problems with getting the work done. (1 1/2hr)

As for registration, its common for a dealer to register a leased car in one state and operate in another state, what is weird however is the fact that you only found one entry after 3 yrs. It should have at least another registration renewal listed. Might be nothing, but stranger nonetheless.

Price? Offer $25K and see what they say. GL
You paid way too much for your car. I got mine for 28k with lower miles(21k) last year in may 2009 at an Infiniti dealer. It didn't have manual though. 25k for an almost 4 year old car with 30k miles is too much still. I would go lower around 22k. You should still have made a bargain with them, because the dealers around here which had sedans with tech packages purposefully make the price much higher than what you can actually get it for. Since you drove so far down just to look at a car, maybe then the dealer thought they can make your price so high because no one would drive THAT far for a car unless they REALLY want it.

Though I gotta admit, it is MUCH harder to bargain for a used car than a new car, since there is no dealer incentive.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 11-23-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm then I guess '08 is better route.

Why are there so many silver G35x? haha I'm trying to get either black or blue slate but can't seem to find many to choose from. Also whats the difference between G35x and G35xS? From what I know, there's bigger wheels, brakes, magnesium paddle shifter, different bumper but no suspension change on the x models... anything else?

Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM
hmm then I guess '08 is better route.

Why are there so many silver G35x? haha I'm trying to get either black or blue slate but can't seem to find many to choose from. Also whats the difference between G35x and G35xS? From what I know, there's bigger wheels, brakes, magnesium paddle shifter, different bumper but no suspension change on the x models... anything else?
Yep, that's all you listed. I think the S models also come with more uncomfortable seats. There is something called the leg extender where the bottom half cushion extends out.

I tried the seats and didn't like it at all. I drive sometimes 4 hours straight and my legs started to feel sore since there is no support from the leg extension.

The 2008 Sedan is a really good choice. It comes with the Ipod connector and the Bose Driver's stage. I kind of regretted this after finding out. I use my ipod on trips so many times that it was probably better to get the ipod connector (doesn't come in 2007 sedans.)

And there are a TON of black and blue slate 2008 G35x sedans with Nav packages and Premium packages (Premium package is required for Nav package in 2008 G35/G35x sedans.) When I was purchasing my car, the dealer told me how they usually get 2 sedans with Nav each week, but ones with the tech package maybe comes once every 2 months. That's why the price for these are much higher because it's harder to find. I remember driving by the Infiniti of Bridgewater a couple months ago for service and I saw many 2008 sedans with Nav packages.

BTW you can install your own magnesium paddle shifters for around $250. There's a DIY section on how to do that here. Apparently, G35x sedans already have the plugs for everything. All you have to do is put the paddle shifters in the steering wheel and plug in the connector. It looks like an easy install.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 11-23-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Yep, that's all you listed. I think the S models also come with more uncomfortable seats. There is something called the leg extender where the bottom half cushion extends out.

I tried the seats and didn't like it at all. I drive sometimes 4 hours straight and my legs started to feel sore since there is no support from the leg extension.

And there are a TON of black and blue slate 2008 G35x sedans with Nav packages and Premium packages (Premium package is required for Nav package in 2008 G35/G35x sedans.) When I was purchasing my car, the dealer told me how they usually get 2 sedans with Nav each week, but ones with the tech package maybe comes once every 2 months. That's why the price for these are much higher because it's harder to find. I remember driving by the Infiniti of Bridgewater a couple months ago for service and I saw many 2008 sedans with Nav packages.

BTW you can install your own magnesium paddle shifters for around $250. There's a DIY section on how to do that here. Apparently, G35x sedans already have the plugs for everything. All you have to do is put the paddle shifters in the steering wheel and plug in the connector. It looks like an easy install.
haha man everything I look for something I want, they dont have it but when I'm not looking, it seems it's everywhere haha

yea I saw the DIY on that.. might look into it after I get the car haha

If I dont get a CPO, does the warranty still transfer? the original 4 yr warranty that all infiniti's come with?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also whats the difference between G35x and G35xS? From what I know, there's bigger wheels, brakes, magnesium paddle shifter, different bumper but no suspension change on the x models... anything else?
I think there is some confusion with some of the normal Sport options with the xS options. For the G35xS, you get the following additions:
Paddle Shifters
Leg Extender on seats
Adjustable side bolsters on the seats (which I absolutly love)
Sport front bumper
18" wheels
I think that's it from what I remember (correct me if I forgot anything)

The brakes are the same size as the normal G35x. We didn't get the upgraded brakes with the AWD model, unfortuantly.

Last edited by dmb4040; 11-23-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:51 AM
How is the G35/G35S in winter? I live in NJ and go snowboarding quite often in the winter so I want the G35x/G35xS but I feel like it's not necessary?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 PM
How is the G35/G35S in winter? I live in NJ and go snowboarding quite often in the winter so I want the G35x/G35xS but I feel like it's not necessary?
So I've driven the G35x in the snow in NJ, and it was very good. I parked outside once when it was snowing last year (around 1 foot.) Most cars got stuck in the snow, but I was easily able to pull out of the driveway without digging holes around my wheels.

I've also tried to drift while making a turn on snow covered roads (4 inches of snow) and it was near impossible with the AWD system kicking in. I'll have to say that if you live in hilly areas (I know Somerset County is full of them.) Your best bet is the G35x/G35xS.

I also drive a 2003 LS430, which is a RWD vehicle, and it is extremely difficult to drive whenever there is snow on a hilly area. I've spun out easily going uphill and even making turns.

With the G35 being lighter, it is best to get the AWD. I don't even think dealers sell G35 non AWD in the northeast. It is really hard to find one without AWD at an Infiniti dealer around here.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
So, i don't know what you guys are talking about when your talking about the CPO? Can someone please tell me.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
So, i don't know what you guys are talking about when your talking about the CPO? Can someone please tell me.
CPO is certified pre-owned cars. Infiniti Corporation has this CPO program for preowned cars that have a set number of mileage and age. You can only qualify for the CPO program if your car is less than 5 years old/60k miles, I believe.

The CPO program also puts the cars through rigorous inspection to make sure there are no problems. A car with a prior accident can still qualify for CPO, as long as the parts are OEM.

Realistically, I'm not sure how "rigorous" the inspection process is, because I've seen CPO cars with scratches/dents.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
thanx for the info.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
You paid way too much for your car. I got mine for 28k with lower miles(21k) last year in may 2009 at an Infiniti dealer. It didn't have manual though. 25k for an almost 4 year old car with 30k miles is too much still. I would go lower around 22k. You should still have made a bargain with them, because the dealers around here which had sedans with tech packages purposefully make the price much higher than what you can actually get it for. Since you drove so far down just to look at a car, maybe then the dealer thought they can make your price so high because no one would drive THAT far for a car unless they REALLY want it.

Though I gotta admit, it is MUCH harder to bargain for a used car than a new car, since there is no dealer incentive.
Ok I don't quite get your rationale here. I paid waaaay too much, based on what you paid a year ago? The price of a car is based on the national average for your area and the demand for such car, not what one thinks is the perfect price. And yes i really wanted it.

If you do a quick search you will see a thread "returning advice" that i started when i was looking for another G35. Two that I found in my local area without Tech and NOT Infiniti Certified were going for a few bucks less. They happen to get sold the day before I was supposed to go for a test drive. This time around I said fck it I'm expanding my search and ready to go a reasonable distance for my car. $26K is a good price IMO based on the average in my area. Sure you could find one for less, but is it similarily equiped, and is it a CPO?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:59 PM
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Anyone have experience with infiniti of Manhattan? I'm probably better off asking in the regional forum but don't want to start a thread. I searched and some said its good but some said to avoid. Is it ok to buy it from a regular used car dealer?

Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I would think it's ok to buy from a regular used car dealer. The only reason to buy from an infiniti dealer is if you're looking for an Inf CPO to get lower APR, or because they will have a larger volume of used Infinitis to chose from.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Ok I don't quite get your rationale here. I paid waaaay too much, based on what you paid a year ago? The price of a car is based on the national average for your area and the demand for such car, not what one thinks is the perfect price. And yes i really wanted it.

If you do a quick search you will see a thread "returning advice" that i started when i was looking for another G35. Two that I found in my local area without Tech and NOT Infiniti Certified were going for a few bucks less. They happen to get sold the day before I was supposed to go for a test drive. This time around I said fck it I'm expanding my search and ready to go a reasonable distance for my car. $26K is a good price IMO based on the average in my area. Sure you could find one for less, but is it similarily equiped, and is it a CPO?
Hey, I'm just saying. IMO I think you paid way too much. When I was looking around for Tech packages last year in May, I found 3 dealers with the same models and with the same mileage within a 100 mile radius (around 25k miles or less.) All of them went for 30k without haggling. However, we were able to get from these THREE dealers around the same price (29k, 29,500, etc.) for CPO. This other dealer agreed to repaint our bumper for 28k for a low mileage car and it had a wood package. Yes, IMO, I think you paid way too much. I'm not trying to insult you here, and I'm just telling you that maybe you might have gotten a better deal at another dealer. Dealers ALWAYS jack up the price, especially on used cars. You just have to know how to negotiate with them. In fact, I also searched online for the auctions on how much the dealer pays for the used cars. Last year, they paid around 23k for the car, and sell it at 29k or higher. You just have to know how to search and how to be a smart car shopper. That's all.

During my used car buying last year, I was looking at a brand new 2009 Acura TSX with tech package, which MSRPs around 33k. After about 2 weeks of searching and emailing the sales department, I got a quote for 29200 INCLUDING taxes, doc fees, and destination charges. You can always find good deals if you know where to look (and how to haggle of course.)

Yours isn't even an AWD version, which makes it even less valuable. In fact, while I was shopping, there was a NON x MT version with TECH with 18k miles for 27k in NJ.

Like I said, CPO is really useless. It's not like you get 5 more years of warranty. You get NO additional years of warranty but only 30k miles more of just POWERTRAIN and maybe some other components that rarely break down. It is NOT the same as bumper to bumper coverage.

I purposely bought mine without CPO even when the dealer offered to CPO it for around 1k more. That tells me that the car was inspected thoroughly and that there were no problems. Every problem I had with my sedan since then has been taken care of in the bumper to bumper coverage.

It is probably the worst time to buy the 2007 sedans right now since the bumper to bumper warranties are almost up. That is why I think the price should be dramatically lowered. You never know how the previous owner treated your car and if you are going to have more issues down the line. Without bumper to bumper coverage, you may be out of luck if you suffer a major problem not covered by CPO warranty.

And for future reference, you can put a refundable deposit on the car you want so that they can hold it for you. That's what I did so nobody could BUY it before I went to the dealer. If I didn't want it, I can ask for the deposit back on my credit card.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 11-26-2010 at 01:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CPO from another state?