G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

CPO from another state?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ Duly noted. I think ur still missing the point, but thanks for your input anyway.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88

Like I said, CPO is really useless. It's not like you get 5 more years of warranty. You get NO additional years of warranty but only 30k miles more of just POWERTRAIN and maybe some other components that rarely break down. It is NOT the same as bumper to bumper coverage.
Actually, the powertrain warranty is extended by 12 months to 72 months and the basic limited warranty is extended 24 months.

I bought mine CPO and dont regret it at all. I know it is not a bumper to bumper warranty, but it does give me a little piece of mind. Plus, I was able to get the dealer to certify it for $500.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by baksdak
Actually, the powertrain warranty is extended by 12 months to 72 months and the basic limited warranty is extended 24 months.

I bought mine CPO and dont regret it at all. I know it is not a bumper to bumper warranty, but it does give me a little piece of mind. Plus, I was able to get the dealer to certify it for $500.
"The Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty extends the basic coverage of the Infiniti new vehicle limited warranty (inclusive of powertrain coverage) to 72 months from the original in-service date of the vehicle or 100,000 total miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first."

The standard powertrain warranty with the car is already 6 year/70k miles. That means your warranty is only extended by 30k miles but no additional years.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/ownership/warranty.html

"Every new Infiniti comes with the peace of mind of Standard Infiniti Limited Warranties:
4-year/60,000-mile Basic coverage
5-year/50,000-mile Emission Control coverage
6-year/70,000-mile Powertrain coverage
7-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion coverage
10-year/unlimited-mileage Seat Belt Warranty
4-year/60,000-mile Genuine Infiniti Accessories Basic coverage (when purchased at time of vehicle sale)
Up to 7-year/100,000-mile Infiniti Extended Protection Plan (optional)
2-year/24,000-mile Federal Emission Performance Warranty
4-year/60,000-mile Federal Emission Defect Warranty
8-year/80,000-mile Federal Emission Long Term Defect Warranty
4-year/60,000-mile California Emission Performance and Defect Warranties
7-year/70,000-mile California Emission Long Term Defect Warranty"

About the CPO Warranty:
http://www.infinitiusa.com/pdf/ebroc...e-brochure.pdf

Keep in mind that the basic warranty for CPO and basic warranty for new cars are not the same. The basic warranty for new cars covers all parts except wear and tear items up to 4 year/60k miles. The CPO warranty covers slightly more parts than powertrain warranty.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 11-27-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
"The Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Limited Warranty extends the basic coverage of the Infiniti new vehicle limited warranty (inclusive of powertrain coverage) to 72 months from the original in-service date of the vehicle or 100,000 total miles on the odometer, whichever occurs first."

The standard powertrain warranty with the car is already 6 year/70k miles. That means your warranty is only extended by 30k miles but no additional years.
I stand corrected!

I remember looking over what is covered beyond the bumper to bumper warranty up to 100,000 miles. Cant remember off the top of my head, but I guess I saw stuff in there that convinced me to pony up the little difference. I really wish CPO warranty was transferable (ala BMW)...would help the resale a bit if I wanted to get rid of it private party.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:09 PM
So I've found one that I like but its kinda far from me. It is from an infiniti dealership but not CPO. How do should I negotiate the price over email? I've called the dealer and they've verifies that they still have it but keep asking me to come in to discuss the pricing as well as checking the car out. I would really like to negotiate the price atleast a little before I go in to save some time spent at the dealership. I'm looking at a 2008 G35xS in Diamond Graphite with a little over 35 miles. Its currently listed at 23k

Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by HJ22L
So I've found one that I like but its kinda far from me. It is from an infiniti dealership but not CPO. How do should I negotiate the price over email? I've called the dealer and they've verifies that they still have it but keep asking me to come in to discuss the pricing as well as checking the car out. I would really like to negotiate the price atleast a little before I go in to save some time spent at the dealership. I'm looking at a 2008 G35xS in Diamond Graphite with a little over 35 miles. Its currently listed at 23k
You can do what I did. I put a deposit on the car so they can hold it so nobody else would buy it. Then go to the dealer and renegotiate the price. The price looks pretty good, but you can probably do better. I think you can try to get it around $21,500, and go from there. Used cars are harder to negotiate than new cars.