G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Another "Warranty Update" Thread...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another "Warranty Update" Thread...

Took my 07 G35S to the dealer to have them take a look at the steering wheel and door handles.

Minutes later, the advisor comes to me and says "Yup, the steering wheel is going to get replaced for sure. We've taken pictures of the doors and we'll be sending them to Head Office to see if they'll replace those too."

This kind of surprises me considering the cost of these items. You'd figure they'd rather do the doors than the steering wheel. But I guess warranty time pays the tech makes more to replace a steering wheel than door panels.

Update to follow next week when the parts arrive....

Old 11-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You must be lucky. My dealer refuses to replace mine since warranty won't cover it. Consumer affairs even denied my claim. What makes no sense is infiniti corporate says they don't cover trim under warranty but they have a tsb for the exterior chrome trim! WTF!

Your dealer is probably covering this out of pocket.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by black_sedan
You must be lucky. My dealer refuses to replace mine since warranty won't cover it. Consumer affairs even denied my claim. What makes no sense is infiniti corporate says they don't cover trim under warranty but they have a tsb for the exterior chrome trim! WTF!

i've heard bad things about jax inf, if thats where you took it. come down to orl inf some time and youll get whatever TSB you want covered, and let me know we can get a beer or something.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
i've heard bad things about jax inf, if thats where you took it. come down to orl inf some time and youll get whatever TSB you want covered, and let me know we can get a beer or something.
Yeah. I've constantly heard the same about Atlantic Infiniti. They have done all the TSBs without an issue, but I always print the TSB out. I have to bring it back for my window trims and brakes. They just performed the brake judder TSB and I still have some vibrations. They want to blame my aftermarket wheel/tires and tell me its because the tires are uneven. Im slapping the stock wheels on and going back next week.

If these guys dont fix it, I'll be making a trip to Orlando.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by black_sedan

Warr on my 08 covered my steering wheel being replaced and my seat that was cracked on the side.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:22 PM
It's unfortunate that there isn't consistency. You'd think that they'd like to take care of you because you could be buying your next car from that particular location. Or bring your current one back for work based on their customer service and willingness to help.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
For those who got their interior trim pieces how bad were the damages?

Anyone have pictures before they were replaced?

Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Here are mine. Again, it's interesting that they would do the wheel so easily yet "debate" on the door trim.

Attached Thumbnails Another "Warranty Update" Thread...-dsc05728.jpg   Another "Warranty Update" Thread...-dsc05730.jpg   Another "Warranty Update" Thread...-dsc05731.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
i got eberything replaced with no questions asked!! it makes such a difference in the interior, the car looks brand new again!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 AM
I just got my steering wheel and door handles replaced last week. I have 55k on my 07 Journey.

Originally Posted by Rwecked
Took my 07 G35S to the dealer to have them take a look at the steering wheel and door handles.

Minutes later, the advisor comes to me and says "Yup, the steering wheel is going to get replaced for sure. We've taken pictures of the doors and we'll be sending them to Head Office to see if they'll replace those too."

This kind of surprises me considering the cost of these items. You'd figure they'd rather do the doors than the steering wheel. But I guess warranty time pays the tech makes more to replace a steering wheel than door panels.

Update to follow next week when the parts arrive....

Old 11-29-2010, 12:45 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
that's what the steering wheel has to look like to be replace? I want mine replaced now! how long did it take to replace them

Old 11-29-2010, 10:13 AM
I just had all of mine replaced over the weekend at Herb Chambers Infinity. Stearing wheel, both door trims, shifter, and all of the wood grain. No questions asked and go a loaner car.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just went to my dealer today, Looked at my Steering wheel, then said OK, I'll order a new one for u! No Questions Asked!! The Inifniti Dealer here has been Awesome to me so far! Replaced all my door Pulls, and Installed my HFC's for a reasonable price! No hassels yet!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Wow! They replace all that door pulls? I know mine was ugly so i took them off sanded it down and painted them

Old 11-30-2010, 12:05 PM
We brought ours in for 3 problems:

1) Sunroof rubber gaskets were messed up
2) Rubber around console was lifting up
3) Driver door gasket was torn

They did all that, and also gave us a new steering wheel without us asking

Now I'm seeing if they can replace that rubber piece on the outside of the car above the windows... it's warped and looks like it's melting

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another "Warranty Update" Thread...