G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08
View Poll Results: Would you buy interested in a group buy purchase on these sways
I will purchase these without a doubt
39.62%
Maybe I'll think about it according to price
54.72%
Dont want anything to do with these
5.66%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

AWD Hotchkis Sway Bars now available!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I have been going through vibrations since i got my car..but now i know it's tires and rims..does it always vibrate?
I get vibrations only from 60 to about 90 ish. I'm going to be rotating my tires resurfacing the rotors and put new pads and if the vibrations are still there I'll probably try new struts and if it still happens then IDK what to do. I give up

Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
I get vibrations only from 60 to about 90 ish. I'm going to be rotating my tires resurfacing the rotors and put new pads and if the vibrations are still there I'll probably try new struts and if it still happens then IDK what to do. I give up
have you tried new tires or wheels?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
get your wheels balanced or an alignment??

Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 AM
I have aftermarket wheels and in the two years of ownership of wheels and never having vibrations this is the first time. When I first put my wheels on my car vibrated at all speeds but when I got my wheels balanced it only happened from 60 to 90. It's kinda frustrating because I love my car but I haven't driven it in two weeks and my ML350 with off road tires isn't as nimble. As for the sway bars go I go to a Mavis discount tire for all the wheel balancing and alignment plus I know them so they know my car really well. They said that they would put the sway bars on for me but I don't know if I should let them do it or not. Help me out guys or should I do it myself.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got the sways on today and I am very impressed. It's definitely a big improvement in handling as everyone has stated. The feel at the wheel has become firmer like bmw's but a lot smoother. Front stiffest, rear middle, and worth every penny!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FINALLY installed mine!

After sitting in the garage for months, I finally got time to install the kit on my '07 G35X. I also installed PosiQuiet pads all around and painted the calipers with G2.

In a nutshell the install went pretty smoothly. I didn't have any problem with getting the bolts off because I used my Milwaukee 18V cordless impact driver. Along with some WD-40 it took off the nuts like they were put on yesterday.

The instructions for the kit probably show an '08 because the underside of my '07 was a bit different. First, there are no splash guards over the rear bar. Second, there are no obvious joints on in front of the mufflers. There is some kind of joint there but I wasn't about to try to break that open so I just put a jack under one of the mufflers and unbolted all the bolts. I dropped the jack a couple of inches and was able to slide the rear bar to the back and get it out.

On the test drive the first obvious difference is that the car finally goes where you point it! With the factory bar it always took a lot more steer to get it where you wanted it. I threw it into some fast curves and felt a lot more confident... best $$$ I ever spent on an upgrade!!!!

Here are some pics:

Sunil

The following 2 users liked this post by lockon:
Kamikazejs (07-19-2011), Phil_I (05-16-2013)
Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting pics! I have an 08 and I don't remember splash guards over the rear bars either. ? BTW, what tire size are you running?

Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by machochino
Thanks for posting pics! I have an 08 and I don't remember splash guards over the rear bars either. ? BTW, what tire size are you running?
I've got 245/45 VR18 Michelin Pilot/SP AS+ tires on TSW Zolder 18" Hyper Silver wheels. I liked the look of the polished lip and wanted something different from 5 spoke

The Michelin tires are a bit noisier than I like. The dealer offered to take them back in exchange for something else but I never got around to it. They do stick pretty well for an all-weather tire though.

Sunil

Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
I have aftermarket wheels and in the two years of ownership of wheels and never having vibrations this is the first time. When I first put my wheels on my car vibrated at all speeds but when I got my wheels balanced it only happened from 60 to 90. It's kinda frustrating because I love my car but I haven't driven it in two weeks and my ML350 with off road tires isn't as nimble.
Is it possible that someone forgot to put the hub-centric rings back in the wheels? This happened to me... the ring fell out when rotating the tires.

As for the sway bars go I go to a Mavis discount tire for all the wheel balancing and alignment plus I know them so they know my car really well. They said that they would put the sway bars on for me but I don't know if I should let them do it or not. Help me out guys or should I do it myself.
It depends if you have the right tools for the job. I strongly suggest an impact driver (cordless like mine - see above, or air driven). It's one of the easier jobs to do - simpler than changing a set of pads almost. The whole job took me less than 2 hours with no experience changing an anti sway bar.

Sunil

Old 05-18-2011, 11:35 AM
^^^thanks bro. Im just going to have the people at the Mavis discount tire do it since they have all the tools its going to cost me around $175 to get these installed that is why i was asking. I can go buy a cordless impact driver for that much and do it myself.

*** on a side note does anyone want to sell me their stock struts with the stock springs on them. If you dont need them that is

Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Hotchkis sways arrived 2 days ago! Looking forward to putting those on tomorrow (along with the LED kit)!! Next weekend will be the Eibach springs. Wondering if I'm gonna need a camber kit/toe bolts at that point.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Kamikazejs
My Hotchkis sways arrived 2 days ago! Looking forward to putting those on tomorrow (along with the LED kit)!! Next weekend will be the Eibach springs. Wondering if I'm gonna need a camber kit/toe bolts at that point.
You will need a camber kit in the back for sure. A front camber kit is recommended but not really needed on a drop with Eibach springs. You should always get toe bolts as more often than not, more than a 0 degree toe will result in bad tire wear

Old 07-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've got about 15k miles on my tires with eibach springs and no camber kits/toe bolts, and I haven't noticed any unusual wear problems. Hopefully you can get it in spec without the bolts.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
With the Eibach springs you're supposed to be able to get back into spec with the oem camber arms.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Installed on Sunday. The G rides beautifully now and I feel a lot more confident on high speed turns with the throttle open. My drive home takes me up 4 miles of a winding 10% grade with steep dropoffs at 60mph and I feel a lot more in control now. It took me about 6 hours by hand and I definitely need to buy an impact wrench.

Like Lockon, I had to deviate from the instructions in the rear on my 07X.
- No splash guards over the bushing brackets
- The exhaust pipes do not appear easily separable... glad I didn't try (thanks Lockon!)
- To remove the rear bar I supported the mufflers with jack stands, then undid the 3 bolts holding up each muffler along with the exhaust hangers 3 or 4 feet towards the front, then gently lowered the exhaust enough to slide the old sway bar out the side above the exhaust pipes and slide the new one in.
- I *didn't* have to crawl over 1/2 way to the front to undo the horizontal brace- there was plenty of clearance to slide the sway bar over the exhaust with that still in place.

So everything looks good. My only worry is that the rear right-angle zerk fittings jut out downwards quite a ways and are unprotected without those splash guards. They look like they're going to be a casualty of snow, ice, salt, and the occasional dip to me. Does anyone have a part # for those splash guards or know if they can be retrofitted to an 07?

Also I'm kicking myself for not waiting another day to order on the group buy

The following users liked this post:
Phil_I (05-16-2013)