G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Cruise control issue! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise control issue! Please Help!

First off let me apologize if this has been talked about before. I searched and didnt see anything. Anyways. I was on my way home from work this morning and had cruise control on (I have ICC), the car infront of me slowed down as did my car. As i looked in the rear view mirror( had a guy right on my ***) I thought i saw my brake lights come on and then noticed my car did not speed back up. I looked at the dash and noticed my set MPH for cruise was blank. I tried to reset my cruise multiple times and had no luck? Anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
You thought you saw ur brake light come on, probably because you did. Your natural human reaction is to hit the brake (however light) and not trust that ICC to slow you down enough. Just a thought.

Old 01-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
Well, you can always take it to the dealers because warranty would take care of the problem.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by jrdrag6019
First off let me apologize if this has been talked about before. I searched and didnt see anything. Anyways. I was on my way home from work this morning and had cruise control on (I have ICC), the car infront of me slowed down as did my car. As i looked in the rear view mirror( had a guy right on my ***) I thought i saw my brake lights come on and then noticed my car did not speed back up. I looked at the dash and noticed my set MPH for cruise was blank. I tried to reset my cruise multiple times and had no luck? Anyone have any ideas?
Did you have your wipers on? The ICC disables itself after your wipers are turned on to the second position.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ WHS, i learned that the hard way. Also it could occur if there is some object stuck infront of the sensor like a leaf or such which happened to aeson on here or it could have been a fail safe feature that caused the icc to cut off as a safety precaution, i believe the ICC starts at 25m/hr and can only slow down the car to 16m/hr and then cuts out, correct me if im wrong

Old 01-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ WHS, i learned that the hard way. Also it could occur if there is some object stuck infront of the sensor like a leaf or such which happened to aeson on here or it could have been a fail safe feature that caused the icc to cut off as a safety precaution, i believe the ICC starts at 25m/hr and can only slow down the car to 16m/hr and then cuts out, correct me if im wrong
^ you are correct. If these conditions aren't occurring and your ICC still shuts off, then you should bring it to the dealer to have it looked at, since it isn't performing normally. The ICC also shuts off when you press on the brake, but that doesn't seem like it is happening in your case.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Premier Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I called the dealer and they didnt really help other then told me to read the manual. So I went to the car got the book and read it for 45min. I did find where it said if the wipers or on low or high it will not work, and I was driving on 167 this morning(those from wa) and it was raining. I also found out how to use regular cruise control as well. Didnt know how to do that. On my way to work tonight I tried out both and got them to work. I also turned on wipers to low and high, but cruise did NOT turn off. Who knows. All i care about is it is working. Thank you for all the responses.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by jrdrag6019
I called the dealer and they didnt really help other then told me to read the manual. So I went to the car got the book and read it for 45min. I did find where it said if the wipers or on low or high it will not work, and I was driving on 167 this morning(those from wa) and it was raining. I also found out how to use regular cruise control as well. Didnt know how to do that. On my way to work tonight I tried out both and got them to work. I also turned on wipers to low and high, but cruise did NOT turn off. Who knows. All i care about is it is working. Thank you for all the responses.
The ICC will turn off after several seconds. You have to wait for the ICC to shut off. It doesn't shut off immediately. The wipers have to be past the second click of the switch. (Where the wipers don't rest on your windshield and keep on moving mode.)

Yes, you can hold the cruise control switch for more than 3 seconds and it will go into manual cruise control mode.