G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Brand new tires allready out of balance....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
have you tried going to another shop to fix the problem?
That's the next thing i am going to do. I am going to get them roadforced at another shop...going to wait a week or 2 I don't travel on the highway much as i try to avoid it if i can until this is resolved, so i can wait it out for a few...

I have a feeling it's something in the steering rack or drive shaft that's causing the wheel and seat vibrations because it comes and goes. Going on an off ramp/on ramp, i get a rubbing feeling/sensation when i keep the wheel turned at like 40 MPH on an off ramp...i think the issues are related. It's frustrating but sooner or later it will get fixed..hopefully

Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
If I were you, I'd take it to a dealer to troubleshoot. It might cost you but at least you would have the problem resolved. Most dealers have Hunter roadforce balancing machines also. In order for you to experience such extreme shake like you describe, the balance would have to be way off. If one wheel is bent, the vibration should be greatly reduced when rotating that tire to the rears. Sounds like you've balanced the wheels a number of times so I think you are right that it's something else. Not sure if you are still under warranty but I think the dealer is the best place to handle non-typical problems.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Think I may have found the issue. Last night I noticed that my drivers side rear tire was sitting very close to the outside lip. It looked like I had dropped that one wheel on new springs..all othertires and gaps were normal. I figured it was the way the drive way was..going to stores today I notice is still very low for some odd reason no matter if I park on level ground or not. I think this could be the reason for the vibrations in the seat have been getting a little worse..I took a picture and compared it a month ago in the exact same spot in my driver way at it's at least 1.5-2 inches lower