G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Brand new tires allready out of balance....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Brand new tires allready out of balance....

Awesome...new tires i put on 2 days ago are already out of balance. First 2 days with them were fine is speeds of 80+..now the steering wheel shakes even worse at highway speeds as well as passenger seat. I can't think of anything else that would cause the steering wheel to vibrate..again. It was fine for 2 days on way to work so i know it isn't a bent rim ect.

The tires are much quieter and don't get vibs through brakes or gas anymore...but now the steering wheel feels like it is going to rip my arms out like with old tires. I am not going to keep going for balances every 2 weeks...i am just going to drive it and hope all the vibration doesn't put strain on other items but who knows...it doesn't happen under 70 so maybe its a good thing as i can conserve fuel..idk

Anything else it can be? i was at Infinit today returning transmission fluid and mentioned it to them...they are 90% sure it's a balancing issue as do i. But i have never had this issue before let alone with 2 different tire sets

Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Loose wheel, perhaps?

Mike

Old 02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by mikeb2
Loose wheel, perhaps?

Mike
who knows anymore...lol

Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
regardless of whether you drive at speeds over 80mph or not, a 40k "sports" car should not be exhibiting such behavior, my car is rock solid at very high speeds(on track ) I say go back to where you got the tires mounted from and ask them to recheck the balance,since its only been a few days they will cover you under the same bill if they are a reputable shop.

If the balance is fine and they confirm that the rims are not bent(automatically done when balancing) then persist that you have a steering shimmy that is unacceptable, have your alignment checked out as well as the suspension parts while the have the car on the lift.

Should not cost you anything to get the balance redone/checked from same shop and alignment check is a max of $20 if not free in your area.

Dont just let it be, cause the vibration will cause faster wear for suspension and steering components.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
regardless of whether you drive at speeds over 80mph or not, a 40k "sports" car should not be exhibiting such behavior, my car is rock solid at very high speeds(on track ) I say go back to where you got the tires mounted from and ask them to recheck the balance,since its only been a few days they will cover you under the same bill if they are a reputable shop.

If the balance is fine and they confirm that the rims are not bent(automatically done when balancing) then persist that you have a steering shimmy that is unacceptable, have your alignment checked out as well as the suspension parts while the have the car on the lift.

Should not cost you anything to get the balance redone/checked from same shop and alignment check is a max of $20 if not free in your area.

Dont just let it be, cause the vibration will cause faster wear for suspension and steering components.
Oh i know a vibration will cause faster wear for parts. I got an alignment done today and got the before and after print out. The alignment wasn't that bad...toe i believe in the front was off the most. I just feel like going back to have them balance it again is just going to make the situation the same. I feel like now if i go to a different shop and have my local guy balance them and try...it's worth a shot as he is pretty cheap to balance and he has done all of my cars in the past..i just dont want to drive another 20 miles to the dealer when i have no time with work being very busy...ugh

Old 02-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
man that sucks

Old 02-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you gotten a Re Torque yet

Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
So lets try a little logic you may have thrown a weight, take your car back to where you purchased the tires and have them rebalanced. Should be free since it's their poor quality products. Nine paragraphs over something this simple....amazing!
Gary

Old 02-18-2011, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anton, your avatar creeps me out.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
So lets try a little logic you may have thrown a weight, take your car back to where you purchased the tires and have them rebalanced. Should be free since it's their poor quality products. Nine paragraphs over something this simple....amazing!
Gary
I know right. it's pretty pathetic huh?

Old 02-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude stop making a new thread every 30 mins!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by kazyn
Anton, your avatar creeps me out.
^this X530 (the number of posts Anton has )
That's from "The Town" I think, pretty disturbing look

Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
^this X530 (the number of posts Anton has )
That's from "The Town" I think, pretty disturbing look
From The Town

Love it when they pop those masks on and go to work

Old 02-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Went back and they balanced again..guess what? 1 day later it's back to the shakes...when the steering wheel shakes..the seats don't as bad. Where there is no steering wheel vibration..my drivers seat vibrates like crazy. It comes and goes. About to rattle my teeth out now for drive longer than 20 min!...thank god work is only a 10 min drive!

I am looking into other causes...something isn't right

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 02-24-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
have you tried going to another shop to fix the problem?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brand new tires allready out of balance....