G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Unhappy with how car is holding up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well said and **** I've had a few problems with interior but overall I love getting in my car everyday and that u don't get in every whip u buy

The following users liked this post:
kool_yaar (07-19-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This is an Infiniti enthusiast message board. The term "fanboy" when addressing members is disrespectful and rude. This board needs an ignore function.

The following users liked this post:
kool_yaar (07-19-2012)
Old 07-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollo
This is an Infiniti enthusiast message board. The term "fanboy" when addressing members is disrespectful and rude. This board needs an ignore function.
It's only disrespectful and rude if you think so. I don't mind being called a fanboy of Infiniti. I love my car, but I just wished it had less problems that's all.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by LeFrenchy
Paint chipping is a major concern? They replace those parts under warranty. I rather have paint chips than a blown head or tranny any day. My buddy bought a 2011 M3 almost a year ago. Since then they replaced turbo and engine and he only has 12Xxx Kms on it. That's a 80k + car....
I have a feeling my transmission needs to be replaced too....when I put it in reverse I can feel a lurch.

I don't have that problem that early in any of my other cars.

If you want, take a look at my problems I had so far:
https://g35driver.com/forums/5126734-post82.html

I'll admit, some of the stuff is just routine maintenance that shouldn't be fixed this quickly, but those are all the things I had problems with my car.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
The whole paint chipping issue was caused by a failure in the paint they used, It was intended to have a more pleasing rubberized texture to it, providing more of a premium touch but obviously it failed to hold up. Sure, they could have easily put a piece of Honda Civic quality in, but then that would be the complaint. I don't disagree it's annoying, but I think it's more in the category of disappointing quirks and idiosyncrasies that all cars have, and NOT the consummate indictment or generally indicative evidence of the quality and value of the car as a whole which, as it seems, you are purporting here. A point I made (clear back in post 27) was that even when you consider these issues, the car is still a great value. I've spent twice as much on cars before, which supposedly had impeccable pedigree, and easily had ten fold the problems and out-of-pocket expenses I've experienced with this car. I think it's a matter of looking at the big picture, not nitpicking the details.
Oh true, this car is great value for what you get. I'm not denying that. I guess I am expecting some things that should be in a car of this caliber that Infiniti fails to match.

Anyways, the new G models don't use the rubberized paint anymore in their door trims- they use plastic- the same one that you would find in a Honda.

If you read my three year review, you would see how many problems my car had that a normal car shouldn't have with these few miles. I've owned a 2004 Infiniti I35 that had transmission problems also. My experience with Infiniti isn't what I feel like it should be.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ if all you have is a lurch when you put in Reverse and it drives fine otherwise in D and evn R after engaging then you probably dont have a bad tranny and if its what i think it is then its pretty normal and happens in almost all cars(my TL-S and FX do that when cold).

Here's a little trick to lessen the lurch, holding down the shifter button/clutch move the shifter halfway to 'R' (but not all the way into R) you'll notice the rpm increase for a second and then back to 'P'. Then you can simply shift to R with little to no 'lurch'.

lemme know if it works

Old 07-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ if all you have is a lurch when you put in Reverse and it drives fine otherwise in D and evn R after engaging then you probably dont have a bad tranny and if its what i think it is then its pretty normal and happens in almost all cars(my TL-S and FX do that when cold).

Here's a little trick to lessen the lurch, holding down the shifter button/clutch move the shifter halfway to 'R' (but not all the way into R) you'll notice the rpm increase for a second and then back to 'P'. Then you can simply shift to R with little to no 'lurch'.

lemme know if it works
Interesting...I'll try it and see if that works. Thanks!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dash thing is normal, mine is doing that as well. The door handle is def caused by someone/something. Not a defect

Old 07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have 64K on my 2008 G35xS and my dash and my trim look completely new. Since the day I have had the car, I use original wipes to clean the dash and trims to keep everything clean. Maybe on a long run it keeps it new.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ the issue with trim was only with 07 models, in 08 inifniti corrected the problem

Old 07-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had same issues with you... my steering wheel, instrumental cluster, door panels, shift ****, and brake judder ALL replaced under warranty @ 54,000 miles.

you should go and express your frustration to your dealership. If they don't warrant your issues, ask for the manager... If that doesn't work, refer them to this forums and show you that other places warrant this issues. Also, threat them with complaints regarding having bad services.

You can also try different dealership as well.

I went to my local infiniti dealership, and They have HORRIBLE and I feel like I am very mistreated by these people. So I drove extra one hour to a different location. and BOOM! problem solved.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have 08' X and I too have the door pull scratch issue. But I blame myself, since sometimes I put my cell phone in there which it does scratch the hell out of it, which I'll try to get my dealership to replace that and there is some peeling on the steering wheel as well by the volume control button area. Everything else is pretty much clean and the car runs great. BTW, I only have 40K on the ticker.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cars I experienced through myself or family member:
2003 E320 - Lease - Transmission issue, didn't allow me to go into drive. Had to tow to dealership.
2007 E350 - Lease - No issue at all
2007 CLS550 - Owner - No issue at all
2008 A4 - Owner - Stupidly loud brake noise, clicking sound from dash, AC malfunction, throttle response lag, all never fixed (dealer couldn't fix it, cause still remains unknown) traded in for my G.
2007 G35 - current - Transmission failed, steering wheel paint peeled, seat vibration, all fixed under warranty.

I agree that Infiniti lacks some of the quality found in other "luxury" brands, but we also should remember that it's still a "Nissan" brand. Toyota successfully branded Lexus and separated from Toyota, and hopefully Nissan will do the same in the future. The dealer however, are much more friendly and responsible than the other luxury brands I have experience with, which covers more than 50% of the reason I still own this car.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:30 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Xmax
I have 08' X and I too have the door pull scratch issue. But I blame myself, since sometimes I put my cell phone in there which it does scratch the hell out of it, which I'll try to get my dealership to replace that and there is some peeling on the steering wheel as well by the volume control button area. Everything else is pretty much clean and the car runs great. BTW, I only have 40K on the ticker.
I put my keys and cellphone there. And I get no scratches

Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
^ early 08's had the same rubberized coating on the door bezels and steering wheel trim as the 07. It was later in in 08 production when they changed them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with how car is holding up