G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Unhappy with how car is holding up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
from personal experience on my 2007 oh man holy wind noise and I did do the tsb like twice, and also the tray that covers the bottom of the glove box always falls....

Old 07-22-2012, 08:36 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
It's only disrespectful and rude if you think so. I don't mind being called a fanboy of Infiniti. I love my car, but I just wished it had less problems that's all.
You complain too much. Go own an Audi or VW then come back and talk to us about quality. Their interior chip and fall apart just as much. Except they squeeeeek.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
You complain too much. Go own an Audi or VW then come back and talk to us about quality. Their interior chip and fall apart just as much. Except they squeeeeek.
Sorry, why stir up threads that are getting old and already past?

Again, that's my opinion. I own a Lexus and Infiniti. I would never consider owning a German car long term. As for Japanese cars, Infiniti interior quality and durability is nowhere close to Lexus or Acura. Compare apples to apples please.

And to be honest, if a Japanese car falls apart as much as a German car, then we have a problem here. They should be outlasting German cars in the first place. I already said that it's fine to agree to disagree, so just drop it.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
-MN G Crew-

Sure go buy an Acura, they have transmission issues and plenty of little interior quirks.

Or buy a Lexus, and have a boring car with no feel (also older Lexuses are having issues with warping dash pads, so theres an interior quirk to)

EVERYTHING has a trade-off and NOTHING is going to be perfect. I know your all butt hurt your car has been a POS, but for the majority of us, our cars are flawless. Mine has 54k on it and I have no issues, and no issues popping up. The car runs perfectly and after i had the TSB interior issues fixed with the updated ones, it looks brand new inside and is holding up.

You post in every thread complaining about something and calling us 'fan boys' and it is really starting to drain on people. I'd suggest cooling your jets. If i wanted a flippin Lexus I would have bought one. But they are boring as **** regardless of their better interior build quality. This car runs rings around every other Japanese car in its class, and thats why we like them. What is so hard to understand?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by makeinu0
The dealer however, are much more friendly and responsible than the other luxury brands I have experience with, which covers more than 50% of the reason I still own this car.
See my experience is the opposite..but every area is different

Old 07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Sure go buy an Acura, they have transmission issues and plenty of little interior quirks.

Or buy a Lexus, and have a boring car with no feel (also older Lexuses are having issues with warping dash pads, so theres an interior quirk to)

EVERYTHING has a trade-off and NOTHING is going to be perfect. I know your all butt hurt your car has been a POS, but for the majority of us, our cars are flawless. Mine has 54k on it and I have no issues, and no issues popping up. The car runs perfectly and after i had the TSB interior issues fixed with the updated ones, it looks brand new inside and is holding up.

You post in every thread complaining about something and calling us 'fan boys' and it is really starting to drain on people. I'd suggest cooling your jets. If i wanted a flippin Lexus I would have bought one. But they are boring as **** regardless of their better interior build quality. This car runs rings around every other Japanese car in its class, and thats why we like them. What is so hard to understand?
The thing about me is that I'm very meticulous when it comes to my car. I would notice even the smallest things that are wrong with my car. I'm pretty sure everyone has a problem with their car, big or small. If you let me spend 30 minutes in your car I would bet I'd find something wrong with it. Heck, Lexus isn't perfect either; I've found some problems with that car too, but not as nearly as much as the ones in Infiniti. They're small problems actually, but still enough to annoy me. Ever since I've gotten the major problems fixed under warranty, I have no other huge problems. The other ones I notice are small annoyances and occur only some of the time. In fact, the service techs or even my passengers never noticed my problems, but I do.

I take very good care of my car, and I'm just voicing my disappointment over Infiniti's quality control. I deemed the term fanboys who blame the cause of failure due to lack of maintenance and using that as a blanket explanation for failures. No need to be so offended.

I never said there shouldn't be a tradeoff. There are always drawbacks to a car, but that shouldn't mean sacrificing quality control because it'll end up costing Infiniti more anyways due to warranty replacement. It's always better to get it right the first time, especially frivolous things like door trim, the rubber molding, and the dashboard. The whole reason why Infiniti was cheaper because their name brand isn't still up to Lexus or Acura or even BMW or Audi. It costs like $5 to make the door trim, rubber molding, or dashboard better, and they could've done that easily. These problems certainly won't help their image.

To you these problems may be acceptable but other people have different expectations for a $40k car. My tolerance for problems is probably lower than yours. Again, let's just agree to disagree and drop it altogether. No point in trying to convince me because that's my experience and I've already had two different Infiniti vehicles, both with more problems than other Japanese cars I've owned. Overall, I'm still satisfied, but these problems do give me a headache.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-22-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Ummmm.... sooo.... what do you guys think about THIS concept car huh?

Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
The thing about me is that I'm very meticulous when it comes to my car. I would notice even the smallest things that are wrong with my car. I'm pretty sure everyone has a problem with their car, big or small. If you let me spend 30 minutes in your car I would bet I'd find something wrong with it. Heck, Lexus isn't perfect either; I've found some problems with that car too, but not as nearly as much as the ones in Infiniti. They're small problems actually, but still enough to annoy me. Ever since I've gotten the major problems fixed under warranty, I have no other huge problems. The other ones I notice are small annoyances and occur only some of the time. In fact, the service techs or even my passengers never noticed my problems, but I do.

I take very good care of my car, and I'm just voicing my disappointment over Infiniti's quality control. I deemed the term fanboys who blame the cause of failure due to lack of maintenance. No need to be so offended.

I never said there shouldn't be a tradeoff. There are always drawbacks to a car, but that shouldn't mean sacrificing quality control because it'll end up costing Infiniti more anyways due to warranty replacement. It's always better to get it right the first time, especially frivolous things like door trim, the rubber molding, and the dashboard. The whole reason why Infiniti was cheaper because their name brand isn't still up to Lexus or Acura or even BMW or Audi. It costs like $5 to make the door trim, rubber molding, or dashboard better, and they could've done that easily. These problems certainly won't help their image.

To you these problems may be acceptable but other people have different expectations for a $40k car. My tolerance for problems is probably lower than yours. Again, let's just agree to disagree and drop it altogether. No point in trying to convince me because that's my experience and I've already had two different Infiniti vehicles, both with more problems than other Japanese cars I've owned.
But you see mathnerd, the problem with your posts is that you are NOT JUST voicing concern of minor issues that (in your estimation) belie the quality of the car; NO, you've even made a (hysterical) post directed at a brand new member which speculatied as to whether his car would even hold up much longer.

Here's the exchange from another thread that I'm speaking of:

Originally Posted by spacejsh

hello everyone

i bought a used 2007 infiniti g35x two days ago. i bought it from used car dealer.
i wasn't sure if its well maintained. so i went to dealership and checked some.
my mileage is about 156k. they said i should change rear diff. fluid, brake oil fluid(flush), transmission oil, power steering oil and 6 spark plugs. all of them cost about $1000. i was so shocked!!!! i know its safe and reliable if i do all of them at the dealership, but its way too much. i know they charge the labour for $118+tax/hr. plug itself is $19 each. total genuine plugs are $114+tax, but they said it's going to be $415 with labour.
anyways, im looking for a place that i can do all of that works for reasonable price.
i still can buy parts from the dealership. so, please recommend me any good places where provide good and reliable services. i live in toronto, canda. thank you

Wow...156k miles used?

I'm not even sure how much longer the car will last even after you do the service.
At this point, it depends on how the previous owner treated the car and how they maintain it. I'm sure pretty soon you'll also need new shocks/suspension, etc. I'm also having doubts about the transmission's longevity. You might also need one soon, depending on how the previous owners treated it. Since you live in Toronto, a major city, the transmission probably took more of a beating than if it was all highway miles.

I've seen cars that already fail at around 130k that need major engine/transmission repairs. I don't expect Nissan/Infiniti to last nearly as long as Toyota/Lexus.

The longest I've had a car last is around 250k miles, and that's with an engine swap!

As I mentioned in that other thread, I think it's very wrong of you to present a view so rife with bias. Frankly, I think you'd do well to offer an apology for it, but judging from your defense of this practice, I'm guessing you're not. In that case, I'm glad that a mod has finally taken notice to your behavior and will be watching you.

The following users liked this post:
kool_yaar (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Ummmm.... sooo.... what do you guys think about THIS concept car huh?
This deserves it's own thread, but I get where you were going with it.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 AM
^ And what's your point? I'm giving my honest opinion.

What you are saying is that we have to curb our frustration at some of the things we've experienced with our cars? What's the point of a forum when we can't discuss how we feel about our cars or our problems with them?

I never said his car specifically is crap, it's more like a cautionary tale since it's what I've experienced. I gave my honest, genuine in my experience input in the matter. I did not mean any hostility towards a new member or anything.

I can apologize if it came off as an crappy attitude, but that's how I feel about these cars. That was not my intent there to make the OP feel bad about buying a used car. I'm also not biased against Infiniti in any way. If I were, I wouldn't have bought two cars from Infiniti! It's just my opinion about the longevity of these cars compared to other brands I've experienced. I've been driving Infinitis the past 8 years so I really don't see anything wrong with giving my input.

You'd prefer me to lie to him and say his car is in perfect condition after he said he bought it 156k miles (which is what I originally thought, but he meant km?) Let's be honest here the average lifespan of a NEW car according to Consumer Reports is 150k miles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12040753.../#.UAzQBo7BWA0

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-23-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:16 AM

^ And what's your point? I'm giving my honest opinion....
Oh, I see, so it's kind of like the immunity gained from the "with all due respect" preface.

http://youtu.be/Af-Id_fuXFA

Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 07-23-2012, 08:53 AM
^ Please look up the definition of a troll. My posts were on topic with this thread. In fact, I believe the trolls are people who are trying to evoke an emotional response by posting extraneous off-topic remarks and it has to be done intentionally.

Speak for yourself, LeFrenchy

But I agree, let's drop this whole topic altogether, which is what I wrote some time ago. No need to continue this nonsense. This thread was already going to be touchy and evoking responses by its title anyways. Plus, it was already over until other board members started to jump at it again.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-23-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
-MN G Crew-

Im about 2 steps away from deleting every stupid post in this thread and moving the thread in a whole new direction.

We are done here. Anymore posts about this dude who is NOT the OP, and im cleaning the thread out.

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (07-23-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
soooooooo, yeah, my car is holding up just fine! lol 60k and only problems ive had is peeling steering wheel and that little corner by the gauges! just thought i'd try to turn this thread around lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unhappy with how car is holding up