G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Couple of questions - G owner for a few hours now

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple of questions - G owner for a few hours now

OK - first off, I came from a TL (Acurazine'r) that I sold last fall. Now I picked up an '07 35x and am wondering what exactly I have.

What I mean by that, is I'm not sure what all is factory, and what is an option. I'm wondering if there is someplace to find out what it is that I actually bought? I'm pretty dang sure I basically stole this from the used car lot. I picked it up this afternoon for $14995. Here is what I know about it, if any of it matters.

G35x, navigation, backup camera, adaptive headlights, media center, nice chrome wheels (stock though). It's a black on black, with some sort of "wood" trim everywhere.

So do I have a Journey (?), something with a tech package or something? Definately forgive me on this one. I know the TL's inside and out, and I can't wait until I know a little about this car as well. My old TL was an '04, with an Aspec kit, K&N CAI and I had cleared headlights with ZKW lenses.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
navi, backup camera, headlights media center adn wood trim are all options...though im not fond of the wood trim..

everything else is awesome and yes u got an amazing deal

Im almost certain u have the journey with the tech package, any pictures?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 AM
o do u have inteligent cruise control and backup sensors?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I don't have the backup sensors, just the backup camera with the colored distance markers. I do have some sort of fancy cruise control though, not sure what the actual name for it it.

Speaking of... whats the best way to get a hard copy of the manuals? I've checked ebay, but they are kinda pricey. On the same note - is the Navi manual a different manual? Seems to be, but wasnt sure.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
No interior pics yet, just a couple I snapped off with my cell.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea you've got the navi and tech package. That is one hell of a deal! How much mileage on it? Congrats and welcome!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ whs you have all packages, Navigation, Technology(backup cam, ICC cruise control), Premium and AWD. and yes there is a seperate manual fo rthe nav, you dont really need any manuals for these cars just spend an entire day inside and you'll know everything there is to know As for the crusie control you have the intelligent adaptive cruise control, which when set to one of the 3 predetermined distance markers will automatically adjust the space between your car and the car in front, the ICC automatically manages your car from 16mi/hr upto the set cruise speed, at all times maintaining the set distance to avoid collisions.

I suggest you check out the thread (sticky) that has all the cool features of the car.

btw great deal!!

Last edited by kool_yaar; 02-23-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
What are your initial impressions of the G35 vs the TL?

Old 02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
First impressions, I feel the TL was a bit sportier than the G. Granted, I had an aspec, and it was modded. The interior of the TL was very nice, but you could see where they could have taken it to the next level (which they did in subsequent years) - I.E. backup cam option, HDD media, embroydered seats etc.

If I would have found an AWD TL at the price I picked the G up for, there is a chance that I would have scooped it up.

I almost feel that this is an unfair comparison though, as the G is 3 years newer and the only luxury my TL had was the navi, heated seats and traction control (which has saved my *** on a rainy day a couple of times making that last second dash for the exit)

I feel like this car is more powerful (which it is by about 30hp), it has a "finished" look to the iterior and it just plain drives like a dream.

Complaints? I've got 3 already. First, my damn weatherstripping keeps falling off the top of the drivers door (but I'm not sure I even get it on right) so I've gotta keep reminding myself not to close it by the top rail. Secondly, my fuel door does not lock. I'll wait until it gets a little warmer out before I dig into that. Sure it's an easy fix though. And lastly - the car doesn't seem to accelerate very smoothly. What I mean by this - is when I am in traffic going say 70, and I slow down to 60-65 to allow someone to merge, I haven't been able to master the art of continuing my motion at a normal pace. The car almost seems to bog down or hesitate for a fraction of a second and then it roars to life twice as hard as I wanted. Kind of annoying in rush hour. I'm sure that's just part of our relationship that I will have to work on. I've only driven the car twice. lol

Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Glow, welcome to the boards.

Your complaint about the throttle is normal and can be corrected with that 'feel' for the throttle. They are touchy and it takes a little getting used to lol.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How many miles does this thing have??? Why is it so cheap?

Old 02-23-2011, 06:06 PM
$15k? I only wish I could find a deal as sweet!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
I think ur gas door locks wen you lock ur doors

Old 02-23-2011, 06:38 PM
I did lock the doors trying to play with it, but I couldnt seem to get it to lock. Why can't they make fuel door poppers so I don't have to F'up my black/salt paint combo everytime I need a fill? Grrr.

Mileage - pretty high for an 07. Had 116,000 but it actually had pretty good records. I saw someone posting in the for sale/lease section that stated otherwise, but all of the main things are listed in carfax. And from what I hear, this thing shouldn't fall apart anytime soon so I should get at least another hundo out of it.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Glowrdr
Mileage - pretty high for an 07. Had 116,000 but it actually had pretty good records.
Omg.... no wonder it was 15k. Was the previous owner an old lady who used the car only to go to church every sundays? Was it in london?

With the miles aside, its still an Infiniti, and as long as all the 30k interval services were done I guess it should be ok....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couple of questions - G owner for a few hours now