G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Clear bra for front bumper anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Sedan RWD
Clear bra for front bumper anyone?

So I have researched 3M (Scotchgard or VentureShield) clear bra for 07 G35 sedan. Front bumper only will cost just about $400ish installed.

Now I have got some questions before I take the plunge:

1) how's your front bumper holding up from chipped paint and all that goodies? I can see that most owners not happy with soft paint from these cars.

2) anyone has clear bra and would like to give me some advices?

3) Is clear bra worth the money? I have never got one so no clue...

Not looking to get hood protected because I don't like the visible line from the edge of the film, unless u get the full hood coverage which cost more $$$.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
my bumper is has many chips since i dont have a clear bra on my 07 G but my 05 FX has it and its flawless and the bra is not even noticeable at all(nicely tucked). If i could do it again then I would not even think twice about a clear bra and get it in an instance for the full hood and bumper, you will thank me!!! And yes its well worth the money IMHO

Old 03-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1^

Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
We just bought an acura tl and they offered a paint protection. It coats the whole car and is warrantied for five years. Supposedly like a teflon coat clear that protects the entire car. No lines and your whole car is covered.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Project
We just bought an acura tl and they offered a paint protection. It coats the whole car and is warrantied for five years. Supposedly like a teflon coat clear that protects the entire car. No lines and your whole car is covered.
That ****s a gimmick, rofl. Hope you didn't buy it

To the OP: every car Ive purchased since my 3 (3,G, 4Runner) has the xpel brand of bra and I wouldn't have a new car without it. I have a few small indentations where a large rock must have made contact, but no chipping anywhere there's coverage. Now, imagine if that same rock had hit a painted, unprotected area....

Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 AM
My G has the venture sheild bra, and my car is closing on 3 years, and the front end looks great.

Yes, there are scratches in the bra, but atleast its not in the paint, and in a few years you can remove the bra if you want and still have a perfect front end.

My last Rav4 was highway driven often, and didn't have a clear bra....the front end looked and felt like sandpaper...you get the idea.

Yes its expensive, but its worth it if you drive on the highway often, or if you live in the North East, with all the snow, salt, gravel etc...from the winter months.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
I bought my car used and it came with a clear bra. It covers the front portion of the hood and I strongly considered having it removed when I bought it. The line is noticeable and the covered portion looks just a bit "cloudy" compared to the rest of the body when the car is clean.

I'm probably just going to leave it on at least for now, though. But, if I were to buy clear bra protection in the future, I'd probably avoid protecting the hood at all.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM
^ which brand is it cause if its "cloudy" and the lines are noticeable then its either a cheaper quality clear or a bad install, my FX 3m venture is super clear and shiny and on the bumper you cant even tell its there cause its nicely tucked and as shiny as paint, the hood is half covered so you can see the line but the shine is the same.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
dang i was offer a clear didnt take it but thinking on my next car that i might have to get it

Old 03-08-2011, 11:51 AM
If you have the money and care about how your car looks...

Get the clear bra...

Plus the paint on this car sux....

On a side note we CB my GF's 05 G35x and she accidentally scraped the garage door pulling in one night. It was a slight bump, but the clear bra def helped keep the damage down if not noticable.

If you park in public places you increase your chances to have idiots tap your car. This will help..

I made the mistake of not getting it on my last car, and of course people ended up bumping into my car...

Good luck...

Old 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
^ which brand is it cause if its "cloudy" and the lines are noticeable then its either a cheaper quality clear or a bad install, my FX 3m venture is super clear and shiny and on the bumper you cant even tell its there cause its nicely tucked and as shiny as paint, the hood is half covered so you can see the line but the shine is the same.
I guess it's http://www.getclearbra.com/ as that is the logo on the bra.

It's not extremely noticeable. I'd be surprised if it has anything to do with the installation. Maybe cloudy wasn't the best description. It might be better to just say that the reflection off the protected area of the hood is not quite as bright as the rest of the hood. I have to point it out to people before they notice it, but I see it.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 PM
^ well ya thats always the case, you'll always notice it since you know its there but others should not notice it.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I'd highly recommend a clear bra. after 49K miles, the bra looks much better than the original grill.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a post I made with some info as well: https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-end-hood.html

Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 AM
I had a place do mine with ventureshield ( I think...) and it cost $370 cash. ( hey not my issue if he didn't report it...) And its holding up fantastic over one winter. I put it on a front that already had some issues, I bought the car used and didn't want to pay to get it resprayed before doing it.

Overall, it looks pretty good. Some of the flaws that jumped out at you w/o it being on went away believe it or not. And its awesome to keep the bugs off and clean the front of the car. There are a couple of spots did get dirty behind the material over the winter which I had to cut away with a blade but its something only my eye would catch.

Its nice to have others guys post who've had it on longer than me (8 months & counting).

DO IT! Its a great investment.

Oh, and the 'dealers' version of the front protection was just the hood and they wanted $350 to just do 12-14" up. So when inquiring around be specific about what you want done, if unsure, ask what they cover.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear bra for front bumper anyone?