G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help: Grill Options for New Front Mount?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help: Grill Options for New Front Mount?

So I love my ionic grill, WAY more than my stock. I got a new front mount intake from Takeda that was test fitted, it looks great and want a grill to show it off. My ionic grille sits too far in to fit the intake, but I don't want the stock grill to cover the intake.

Any grill options that are open in front but fit like the OEM? Or any custom shops in OC/IE?

See pictures:

Takeda Front Mount Grille

Ionic Grille

Stock Grille

Thanks for any help! Otherwise I'll have to get rid of the Takeda, I like the grill better :-)

Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
I cant help you out with any of the grill options other than stock, but i must say that these takeda seem better than the Stillen Gen 3, i like how they used one filter element.

Your car is the only 2nd Gen G on which the ionic grill actually looks nice, maybe its because u have the infiniti symbol in the middle... Anyways keep us posted with what you end up doing.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Just checked out your car pics on their site and seems that the ionic grill fits, im not sure but it might not be on snugly though, i think i see a bit of a gap on top...

Old 03-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Just checked out your car pics on their site and seems that the ionic grill fits, im not sure but it might not be on snugly though, i think i see a bit of a gap on top...
http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...as&&brandID=78

I wish , that's what was hoping for and think that picture looks sick! BUT that is a ghost picture... Pic with the grill and no intake and then blend that with another picture with no grille and the intake.

That is the look I want! Haha, ya I don't like ionic on second gen sedan without emblem and mesh

Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 AM
^ ah, thats clever on their part but they might wanna change that pic or post a disclaimer stating that they wont fit with the ionic grill just to avoid hassles. I hope it works out for you but those intakes with that grill looks sick!

Old 03-16-2011, 01:18 AM
^ ah, thats clever on their part but they might wanna change that pic or post a disclaimer stating that they wont fit with the ionic grill just to avoid hassles. I hope it works out for you but those intakes with that grill looks sick!
Lol, I know it would look sooo good! They have a "note"... May not fit with aftermarket grills

Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Can you swivel the filter back toward the radiator so the grille will fit?

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Hey Travis, right? When did Takeda release these long tube intakes?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you give us any feedback on how they perform and sound?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoah never seen that intake before, and I like the grill...definitely with emblem though.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it hard to service with just 1 big filter? I mean is it hard to get the filter on/off?

Also... hows the install? do you have to relocate stuff?

Last edited by a6g35; 03-16-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by theophilus
Whoah never seen that intake before, and I like the grill...definitely with emblem though.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...llen-gen3.html

Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
Can you swivel the filter back toward the radiator so the grille will fit?
No, there is a steal bar that runs down and the alarm on the right side would prevent. That's what I was hoping.

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Hey Travis, right? When did Takeda release these long tube intakes?
Yes, Travis I just fitted, official release will be in April.

Originally Posted by astonv12
Can you give us any feedback on how they perform and sound?
The sound is not a deep as my K&N short ram I had, but still sounds very good... no whistle. Performance: it feels like it has a little faster reaction to throttle response and pick up, ESPECIALLY at higher speeds (probably because of the location of the filter to get more air). They are saying 19hp/12lbs

Originally Posted by a6g35
is it hard to service with just 1 big filter? I mean is it hard to get the filter on/off?

Also... hows the install? do you have to relocate stuff?
I do not believe it hard to service the filter, pretty easy. The install I did not do, but looks straight forward since there is no drilling or cutting on their kits. Nothing was relocated. They took off the bumper to install, but I think you can still reach in to bolt the front mount brackets without doing so... but I didn't not do the install and still trying to get all the details from the engineer

Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how much more room do you need to get the IOnic grill back on? an inch? maybe you should try to have someone customise the grill by trimming a bit off the bottom in the back.. but then again, the sickest part about that grill and IMO and the reason it looks so good is because the mesh sits back pretty deep..

Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SiK SedaN
how much more room do you need to get the IOnic grill back on? an inch? maybe you should try to have someone customise the grill by trimming a bit off the bottom in the back.. but then again, the sickest part about that grill and IMO and the reason it looks so good is because the mesh sits back pretty deep..
+1

I have the ionic grill and if they can get the filter to fit and add some kind of water shield i'll be all over this

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help: Grill Options for New Front Mount?