G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

does ur ac do this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
does ur ac do this?

I always have my car set on recirculate while ac is in use... when I turn the temp up, sometimes it automatically goes into the mode where outside air is sucked in. I prefer recirculate because I don't want to breathe in the fumes.

Is this normal??

Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
change your cab filter so that you don't inhale any fumes. I changed mine to one of those coal filters and have not smelled any fumes in my car since.

Dunno about AC tho, never experienced anything like it.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Anyone else's ac doing this?

Old 04-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
I will need to check...

Old 04-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
yup it normal mine does that all the time...

also if you hold down the fresh air and recirculation button it starts blinking... which i have no idea why lol

maybe its an option to turn it off?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I have seasonal alleargies and also fight this all the time. I'd like to keep the system on recirculation from the moment I get in the car. It seems the minute you turn on the climate control it kicks in the AC, and turns recirculation off. So, I switch the AC off, and turn recurculation back on and try to get warm air going to the floor only. The system does not allow this when the car was just started for obvious reasons. There is condensation in the hvac system vents from when it was last turned off. Once you drive for a few minutes, it will let you leave the vents on floor only with AC off and recirculation on. Unfortunately for me, leaving recirculation off even for a few minutes is enough to trigger and allergy attack. So I just deal with it for the time being.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Great info! I will run this procedure tomorrow. Thanks for posting this!

Jim

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by treacherous
Page 4-28 of owner's manual:

"In the AUTO mode, the intake air will be controlled automatically. To manually control the intake air, push the intake air control button “ ”. To return to the automatic control mode, push the intake air control button “ ” for about 2 seconds. The indicator lights (both air recirculation and outside air circulation sides) will flash twice, and then the intake air will be controlled automatically."
lol thanks

Old 05-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Wow, you have some great info, always! cool

Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to keep the AC from automatically turning on when you turn on the climate system?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by G3Sx
I have seasonal alleargies and also fight this all the time. I'd like to keep the system on recirculation from the moment I get in the car. It seems the minute you turn on the climate control it kicks in the AC, and turns recirculation off. So, I switch the AC off, and turn recurculation back on and try to get warm air going to the floor only. The system does not allow this when the car was just started for obvious reasons. There is condensation in the hvac system vents from when it was last turned off. Once you drive for a few minutes, it will let you leave the vents on floor only with AC off and recirculation on. Unfortunately for me, leaving recirculation off even for a few minutes is enough to trigger and allergy attack. So I just deal with it for the time being.
Wow, have you changed your cabin air filters lately?

Old 05-01-2011, 05:45 PM
No, but I better get to it this week. I've been keeping the climate control system off on my way to work in the mornings on dry days for this very reason. But it's only a matter of time until it gets hot enough that I will need to run AC. My symptoms usually start during mid April and last until beginning of June each year.
I wonder if there are different kinds of filters to choose from for our cabin filtration. If there is an aftermarket one available similar to hepa that is specifically designed to filter out pollen, it'd be worth a try instead of swapping it out with a factory unit.

BTW, I got into the service mode and it looks like my car was still set to the initial setting where the recirculation options are set to be controlled manually. Basically, the system will not allow operation of the fan in recirculation mode unless AC is ON. And as soon as the AC is turned off, it switches right back to fresh air.

Last edited by G3Sx; 05-01-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by G3Sx
No, but I better get to it this week. I've been keeping the climate control system off on my way to work in the mornings on dry days for this very reason. But it's only a matter of time until it gets hot enough that I will need to run AC. My symptoms usually start during mid April and last until beginning of June each year.
I wonder if there are different kinds of filters to choose from for our cabin filtration. If there is an aftermarket one available similar to hepa that is specifically designed to filter out pollen, it'd be worth a try instead of swapping it out with a factory unit.
I've had pretty good luck with the OEM filter (charcoal anyway), but do I recall that I added some additional adhesive foam weatherstrip to the edges of the filter to ensure a more complete seal as it was kind of loose in its the housing and seemed like some air could still get around the filter.

btw, I suffer allergies too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.