G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

tint and front plate ticket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Break the law, be subject to penalty. Simple as that.
Dont hate the cop for doing his job.
ouch q

Old 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Open all your windows and keep your hands in visible places next time you get pulled over, not to hide your tint but if the cop is approaching your car and isn't struggling to see what's going on inside the vehicle he might be a little more lax about ticketing.

I can understand being pissed about getting ticketed for petty stuff while bigger issues are happening, but that's how it is and there's no way its gonna change.

Illegally dark tint and no front plate just isnt worth the hassle to me. I'd find a way to zip tie your front plate to the lower grill (note, you can still get a ticket for not having it bolted but I feel like the chances are really low). You can also use long threaded bolts to attach it without putting holes in the bumper.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about the ticket! I know how much of an inconvenience it can be!

My car is not tinted but I don't have my front license plate.... Luckily I've never got pulled over for it, but I did get 3 parking tix for it! Parking Ticket for no front license plate!!!!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you guys do realize your commenting on a two year old thread, right? lmao dduuurr

Old 05-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by Ketchup83se01
you guys do realize your commenting on a two year old thread, right? lmao dduuurr
So what? Who cares? DuuuR

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Kethchup,

We forgive you since you're [special], but the thread is two DAYS old.

Last edited by G force; 05-10-2011 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Come on guys no name calling here. =) but G force is right! I just checked and it is only 2 days old.... lol Dur?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by G force
Kethchup,

We forgive you since you're [special], but the thread is two DAYS old.
LOL... Duh, winning!

Old 05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Agreed

Originally Posted by G force
Open all your windows and keep your hands in visible places next time you get pulled over, not to hide your tint but if the cop is approaching your car and isn't struggling to see what's going on inside the vehicle he might be a little more lax about ticketing.

I can understand being pissed about getting ticketed for petty stuff while bigger issues are happening, but that's how it is and there's no way its gonna change.

Illegally dark tint and no front plate just isnt worth the hassle to me. I'd find a way to zip tie your front plate to the lower grill (note, you can still get a ticket for not having it bolted but I feel like the chances are really low). You can also use long threaded bolts to attach it without putting holes in the bumper.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes the thread is only a few days old. this happened saturday night,, you were probably looking at the date i joined the site or something.

and yes i know the laws,, ive been paying these tickets for years. some of you sound like im bitching about getting caught for committing a murder. lmao
besides my main gripe was that i just felt like there was more dangerous criminals out on the street in los angeles at 1am on a saturday night.. i also know that the cops were probably looking for a drunkdriver when they stopped me and were just using the tint as an excuse to pull me over..i know thats there job

really i was just using the forum to vent a little after it happened,, didnt realize it would offend so many...

and i think saying im 'stupid' is a little ridiculous. is everyone on this forum that tints their windows STUPID ?? if i was speeding or driving recklessly maybe,, but i was just slowly crusing home minding my own business

Last edited by SiK SedaN; 05-11-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ dont take it to heart, everyone on here has had their share of flaming... its all good!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

ROFL, R-I-F

Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I mean i have been pulled over twice for tinted windows, both by lady cops.. First time it was in my tl for tinted windows and 2nd was in the G for front plate n tinted windows. Both times i took that sh*t off.. Did not want to pay the $300, I mean if you don't want the front plate then take off the tint next time because you will most likely get caught if you have both. Many cops don't care about the front plates as much as about the tinted windows. Tinted windows are always visible from any direction, but the front plate the cop has to be in front of you to actually notice. I never rock my front plate but i had to sacrifice my tint. Good luck..

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Well put
Originally Posted by G35SedanGrn
i think its funny how people break the law then bitch about getting in trouble for it haha, i have no front plate & i have front tint, when (notice i said when not if) i get pulled over then i'll be like what ever i was breaking the law I can't blame the cop for doing his job.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i got a tint ticket that i need to fix by june and the cops where i live have nothing better to do then target people i been pulled over 6 times in the last month crazy i swear i get target lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tint and front plate ticket