Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^harrassment suit :-)

Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by KulG35

Cops typically won't ticket tint unless it is so dark they can't see, because it's a safety issue if the can't make out possible threats when approaching the vehicle.
Bingo!

Cops totally hate it (and if you think about it from their perspective you can see why). They are quite vulnerable approaching a vehicle in that situation and it really puts them on edge, which is definitely NOT the way you want a cop to be when you've just been pulled over. Don't expect any sympathy for little things when he's just felt like he risked his life approaching your car
'
Also, due to today's budgetary constraints, I'm convinced many LEO's must be receiving instructions to ticket nuisance issues like 'no front plate'. I know in San Francisco they nail everybody.

Last edited by vqsmile; 05-10-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Bingo!

Cops totally hate it (and if you think about it from their perspective you can see why). They are quite vulnerable approaching a vehicle in that situation and it really puts them on edge, which is definitely NOT the way you want a cop to be when you've just been pulled over.
Then why is it legal for SUV's to come from the factory at 15-20%. Still same concept yet that is legal

Old 05-10-2011, 11:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry for the ticket bro and I feel for you. Don't listen to all the haters because cops do pick on certain individuals. I see tons of corvettes and other sports cars with no front plates get by with it all the time, but my friends little brother and his crew gets pulled over all the time driving suped up civics with no plates. Just the way it is.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Then why is it legal for SUV's to come from the factory at 15-20%. Still same concept yet that is legal
Different states have different rules, as do windows in different locations on the same car.

Regardless, I'm not defending it one way or the other; I'm just stating how cops feel about walking up to a car that they can't see in. (no hating here)

Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Different states have different rules, as do windows in different locations on the same car.

Regardless, I'm not defending it one way or the other; I'm just stating how cops feel about walking up to a car that they can't see in. (no hating here)
^what he said... I understand both sides I have family and friends in law enforcement... However many do abuse the power, but at the end of the day they do risk their lifes even if my brother (cop) and other cops do **** me off from time to time ;-)

But vent away, I do all the time! But I also have huge issues more so with the judges that hear these violations!!! But that's a long rant in person or phone! Lol

Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
here is your answer for the front plate

Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts

Oh i would hate walking up on a dark car as well. Gotta be scary. But if they are going to ticket us for doing it..then be fair and tell the factories to stop making trucks and suv's with illegal tint you know

Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
^ i think the trucks and SUVs can have that shade in the back right?

Old 05-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
a cops job is risky to start with! everyone i know has front tint and none of them r criminals! we put the tint on even tho we know the law because we feel that were not hurting anyone! i dont feel like a cops safety is an issue when he pulls me over with tint on! he can be scared all he wants he shoulda known his job is gonna scare him from time to time, theyre trained to be cautious with or without tint!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by SiK SedaN
is everyone on this forum that tints their windows STUPID ??

If they do it in violatoin of the law and then bitch about cops doing their job when they get popped, then yes, they're stupid.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by pbabajan
a cops job is risky to start with! everyone i know has front tint and none of them r criminals! we put the tint on even tho we know the law because we feel that were not hurting anyone! i dont feel like a cops safety is an issue when he pulls me over with tint on! he can be scared all he wants he shoulda known his job is gonna scare him from time to time, theyre trained to be cautious with or without tint!
Tards that kill also have tint too... A cop doesn't know you or your friends, it is an increased risk. Just because cops needs to be brave doesn't mean he has to be at ease going up to a car where he can't see who is inside... Cops that do that get killed!

Again it's risk assessment... You can't say it's his job, deal with it... It's too many people that think that is why a cop when he does find it safe... It's a because you added stress to me for the stop I'm going to ream you and give you some stress!

Old 05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Bob.On.Whidbey
If they do it in violatoin of the law and then bitch about cops doing their job when they get popped, then yes, they're stupid.
He's just venting like everyone does to friends or whomever to just rant and get some sympathy...

Come on now, no one is calling you stupid for misspelling violation ;-)

Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Lol, this thread has gotten way off... At least not to the point where mods have locked it.... YET

Old 05-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ lol true but i reckon its heading that way mighty slowly!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: tint and front plate ticket