G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

drop done, now on to the next step

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Holmes35
Yes it does your tires are fat as hell...if you do actually get those rims you are talking about your car will look sick...but with stock 17's the drop does not do any justice at this time...you should get the prokit...or maybe i am just partial to the prokit drop

holmes35
Hey I love the pro-kit to, but I selected the Tanabe because of the ride quality reviews and its my daily driver for winters.. I didn't want to snow plow.

Do you think the rims will fit and look good with the current drop? Do I have enough negative camber for 9.5 width with 33 offset?

Thanks!

Old 06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you could have gotten that "drop" with some stock G35Sport springs.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
maybe with the rims you can tell on the stock 17's

Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 PM
So... how about the rims.. Should they fit or will they be to aggressive? Does the drop of the prokit create more negative camber to allow the rim/tire to fit with the et33 offset?

At this time I'm not going to change the springs and just want to let them settle and get some rims.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Doesn't look like it is lowered at all..... sorry

Old 06-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Locksmith
Doesn't look like it is lowered at all..... sorry
Its dropped about 3/4 of an inch from factory height for the X..

I realize it isn't dropped as much as I would like or expected.. any ideas why I installed lowering springs but it doesn't appear lowered?

Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
^ you should ask that question in the tech section. As you can see you've gotten every answer and comment except the question you asked

Old 06-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Christopher112
Its dropped about 3/4 of an inch from factory height for the X..

I realize it isn't dropped as much as I would like or expected.. any ideas why I installed lowering springs but it doesn't appear lowered?
Are you positive you got the right springs for the X model and its for the 2nd gen g35? I know it can take time for the springs to settle but usually almost immediately after install the car should be lower and should actually look lower. I don't know if its just the pix that are deceiving but it truly looks as if your car is at stock height almost.

Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Are you positive you got the right springs for the X model and its for the 2nd gen g35? I know it can take time for the springs to settle but usually almost immediately after install the car should be lower and should actually look lower. I don't know if its just the pix that are deceiving but it truly looks as if your car is at stock height almost.
I'm positive... at least according to the box..

Old 06-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^07 g35 sedan or coupe? Awd or Rwd? the box should show that information too i think. You probably do have the right springs but maybe the pix are deceiving man i dunno

Old 06-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Looks higher than the stock sport suspension! I know people have posted measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arch--maybe take some numbers down to compare. For me, that is not even enough drop to justify the purchase of the springs, let alone the install and alignment.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 PM
^07 g35 sedan or coupe? Awd or Rwd? the box should show that information too i think. You probably do have the right springs but maybe the pix are deceiving man i dunno
Thats all the info I can find on the box, and there was just a single generic paper inside not giving any more specific info about the springs. I imagine they are for a sedan as a coupe should be lower.. While the Tanabe site says g35 sedan, they told me after I ordered that while they fit, they are not "sold" for the AWD version.

Originally Posted by mishmosh
Looks higher than the stock sport suspension! I know people have posted measurements from the ground to the top of the wheel arch--maybe take some numbers down to compare. For me, that is not even enough drop to justify the purchase of the springs, let alone the install and alignment.
I hear ya, thats the debate I am going through now.. get an alignment and help for the best, or just sell them and get a prokit.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I looked up the part number and its correct but I think that because the X's stock suspension sits so high up maybe the pictures are just fooling us, you did say that it dropped it about 3/4 inch and its supposed to drop 1" front and 1.3" rear from what I've read so maybe after driving around for awhile the springs will settle more.

EDIT: I just read what you posted, if its not for the AWD then you possibly will not see a difference at all depending on the springs because if its made for the RWD model I don't think its supposed to be for your car. Companies like Eibach and H and R have both released springs specifically for the AWD model...

Old 06-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I looked up the part number and its correct but I think that because the X's stock suspension sits so high up maybe the pictures are just fooling us, you did say that it dropped it about 3/4 inch and its supposed to drop 1" front and 1.3" rear from what I've read so maybe after driving around for awhile the springs will settle more.

EDIT: I just read what you posted, if its not for the AWD then you possibly will not see a difference at all depending on the springs because if its made for the RWD model I don't think its supposed to be for your car. Companies like Eibach and H and R have both released springs specifically for the AWD model...
Right! I know I'm mostly to blame for buying them, but I'm a bit disappointed the vendor (highly reputable on g35driver) sold them to me knowing I have a G35X and than having Tanabe tell me after the fact they aren't intended for the AWD.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Those that are saying to get the Pro-Kit, let me ask you an honest question... Would you take your grandmother or boss in the car with you with how it rides? I'm in my 30's and had my "fun" years of not caring about ride quality and giving it all up for looks. I now have a job at a University where I have VP's and such in my car and I don't want to be embarrassed or get eye rolls when we hit a bump..

FYI- In my early 20's this was my car.. While it was a POS, at least they had good suspensions available. This was Koni red's with GC coils.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: drop done, now on to the next step