G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I got fuct!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little off topic, but I had an opposite experience regarding carfax. When I was trading in my Frontier to buy my G, they ran a carfax on it and it showed that my truck had collision damage, although it had never been in any sort of accident. What they were reporting as collision was actually from when my now-ex wife was backing out of the garage and rubbed the rear wheel well against the side of the garage. Before I had a chance to look at it, she called the insurance company and made a claim. It ended up being just some black marks from a rubber support for the garage door track, and it buffed right out, so I called and cancelled the insurance claim. But, apparently, just making the claim was enough to make it show up as collision damage on the carfax. The dealer tried to give me less because of this for my trade in, but I explained what happened and threatened to walk away from the deal. I got what I wanted for the trade

Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by luger303
After owning the car for 8 mo. now, I have realized it was in a wreck. I have found some red paint on one of the mufflers and tape over the license plate light. O.K., thats fine, because it wasn't on the carfax. Now it is on the carfax, that is a problem with me. I AM FUCT because I don't have the original carfax. THEY WOULD BE FUCT if I still had it. You can take a look at my albums if you want to see the bumpers, until I load new pics.
So do you have problems with the car now, or is it just the fact that you now know it was in an accident? If you don't have any issues with it then I would get over it quickly since you have no legal claim, but I understand if it's just a matter of you not wanting a car that's been in a n accident.

Back in 2000 I had a brand new Mazda 626 ES-V6 got rear ended in Savannah Ga, I've only had it for 8 months. I took it to the best body shop there (Buchillon Body Shop or something close to that spelling) $8200 worth of damage from being rear ended by a 97 F-150. I got the car back 3months later it was perfect, but me knowing it was in an accident make me not want it anymore. A year later I moved to SC (military) and traded on a new 02 Maxima. Nothing showed up on carfax, dealer didn't ask, and I didn't tell. Same games they paly on a daily basis.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The same happend to me but since I live in Florida "the no lemon law state" I had to eat it. but good luck on whatever you can get done in your favor.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You Got robbed,dealerships like this have to get punished. They're messing with some ones 20,000+ dollars. I would pursue legal action.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by sdonabo
You Got robbed,dealerships like this have to get punished. They're messing with some ones 20,000+ dollars. I would pursue legal action.
Dealership could have got the car on trade and the Carfax at the time may have been clean. Sure the dealership could be pulling one over on the OP, but they could have gotten wrong (or missing) info on the cars' history too.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah, I got the new carfax and it says in "tiny little writing" next to the wreck, "Started recording info in Feb. 2011". So the dealership is pretty much in the clear, just had a little bad luck on my part and when I found out it was now recorded, I flipped. But I still love my G and will keep it for the following years. I have had a loaner G37 and a loaner fx35 over the past week. I know my g35x is for me. I have an appointment to get custom catbacks installed on friday. Im getting the tips powdercoated as we speak

Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could always take it to a frame shop & have them check the frame alignment on a rack.
A friend had a used 4x4 checked at a frame shop before he bought it, and they didn't charge him much just for checking.

Last edited by notorious_g35; 07-08-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Get a lawyer if you have the time ad or funds, you defiantly have a case here. Or do what I did threaten the dealer into suit an they may give some sort of deal, the one thing I know from a friend of mine being a private dealer is, when these guys buy cars from auctions they don't always get full car fax reports and they don't really dive that deep into them either because its not in their best interest.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I just go into dealerships now bent over and walking backwards. lol
Mike Ward Infiniti is great however. If ever in Denver and need assistance. Go to Mike Ward Infiniti.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Plain and simple Carfax is a joke! they screw dealers and the consumers all at once its a monopoly total B.S.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM
The same thing is happening to me, yesterday I realized that after having the car for 3 months, it was in a collision, inside the bumper I saw a big crack and a piece of tape, and now looking in detail the paint job is good, but definitely is not from factory. The carfax was clean, wow!