G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Price Check: 2007 G35 Journey Fully Loaded 35K miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price Check: 2007 G35 Journey Fully Loaded 35K miles

Hey everyone, I'm going to check out this 2007 G35 Sedan this weekend and wanted to know what you guys think of the price? It is a Journey fully loaded (Prem and Tech package), 35K miles and is listed at $23.9K. The CarFax and Autocheck for the vehicle are clean; my only slight concern it was purchased in Florida and then registered in CA at 9.8K miles back in 2007.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ctd/2508638167.html

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...aff=national#0

What do you guys think, can I work it down to $21-22K? Also this is my first time purchasing a vehicle, how do you guys go about getting a third party inspection? Thank you.

Last edited by HopJokey; 07-29-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Looks clean from the one pic. Is it a private party or a dealership? And definitely get a ppi (pre purchase inspection) on the car. You can get it done at any dealership or reputable shop.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by lefizzet
Looks clean from the one pic. Is it a private party or a dealership? And definitely get a ppi (pre purchase inspection) on the car. You can get it done at any dealership or reputable shop.
It is from a dealership, albeit a small used car one.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
When I purchased my G I asked the dealer if they could put it through inspection and they did it free of charge

Old 07-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by HopJokey
It is from a dealership, albeit a small used car one.
That alone would stop me.

I don't trust those types of outfits for NOTHING! I think you are always better off buying from the actual owner and assessing the person along with the vehicle. Not foolproof, but it's served me well for many years and many cars.

The following users liked this post:
GXXXV X (07-29-2011)
Old 07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
That alone would stop me.

I don't trust those types of outfits for NOTHING! I think you are always better off buying from the actual owner and assessing the person along with the vehicle. Not foolproof, but it's served me well for many years and many cars.

Thank you for the advice. I'll definitely be careful and shop around. I'm in the market for a 2007 or 2008 G35 Sedan.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Received 66 Likes on 61 Posts
i would definitely be wary of that place as well but it is a good deal if they are legit. i got my 2007 G35x w/o nav or cam with 35000 miles for $21000 in february

Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Don't forget to check ebay motors as well, it's a bit easier to check their reputations since they have to post their feedback from buyers on the site. You should be able to find a 2007 "S" for that price point.
Here's a nice example~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-IN...item45fc1c227c

Last edited by blnewt; 07-30-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If the autocheck and carfax are both good you probably don't have anything to worry about. The good thing about even a small dealership is they have a reputation to uphold. It only takes a google search to find an internet post about a dealership that ripped you off for you G.

I've bought from small dealerships with good luck. Especially if they are local. I've bought 2 cars from small dealerships across the country from me and had good luck so far.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Rollo
If the autocheck and carfax are both good you probably don't have anything to worry about. The good thing about even a small dealership is they have a reputation to uphold. It only takes a google search to find an internet post about a dealership that ripped you off for you G.

I've bought from small dealerships with good luck. Especially if they are local. I've bought 2 cars from small dealerships across the country from me and had good luck so far.
Yea I found 3 Yelp reviews online for them and they've been in biz since 1995. Hopefully that is a good sign. We shall see; I'm going to take a look at the car tomorrow. Also if the Carfax, Autocheck, and third party inspection (i.e. from Carchex) all pass how confident can I be about the car?

Wow just took a look at eBay motors, definitely a good place for car shopping. Thanks.

Last edited by HopJokey; 07-30-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:50 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I am weary of buying from small used car lots as well but if you've checked them out then I guess go for it. Keep in mind depending on the in service date you may not have any warranty left on the vehicle so that is something to keep in mind when bartering for price.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You can easily get a 07g35 with those packages from any Infiniti dealership for 22k

Old 07-31-2011, 12:23 AM

If the autocheck and carfax are both good you probably don't have anything to worry about.

The good thing about even a small dealership is they have a reputation to uphold. ...
No offense but...

IMHO, That first statement is blatantly inaccurate. And the second is almost laughable from my experience. I have seen, heard, and experienced some of the MOST sleazy, despicable, no account practices at places like that. Like most things, I am sure there are always exceptions, but I have seen it time and time again, and at numerous different establishments, to the extent that the pattern is undeniable for me. Just sayin . . .

Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
No offense but...

IMHO, That first statement is blatantly inaccurate. And the second is almost laughable from my experience. I have seen, heard, and experienced some of the MOST sleazy, despicable, no account practices at places like that. Like most things, I am sure there are always exceptions, but I have seen it time and time again, and at numerous different establishments, to the extent that the pattern is undeniable for me. Just sayin . . .
No offense taken but if you have a good carfax and a good autocheck report that makes sense and doesn't have anything bad on it, what do you have to worry about? I'm sure it is possible you could still have something bad in the car's history but I would say it is very unlikely.

And on the second point, either I have been amazingly lucky for many many years or maybe my research rules out the bad ones... if a dealer has been around for a while it is likely you could find a bad review on the internet somewhere these days. There are plenty of sleazebags out there but it has always been easy for me to weed them out...I guess our experiences have just been opposite.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:12 AM
No offense taken but if you have a good carfax and a good autocheck report that makes sense and doesn't have anything bad on it, what do you have to worry about? I'm sure it is possible you could still have something bad in the car's history but I would say it is very unlikely.

And on the second point, either I have been amazingly lucky for many many years or maybe my research rules out the bad ones... if a dealer has been around for a while it is likely you could find a bad review on the internet somewhere these days. There are plenty of sleazebags out there but it has always been easy for me to weed them out...I guess our experiences have just been opposite.
Did you catch this thread?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...-got-fuct.html

... and there's MANY more like it on every car forum I've ever been on.

Ironically, I seem to find the most exploitation of the credibility of Carfax et al. occurring at those very same little used car lots. I have stood there and pointed out the obvious body work on a car for sale while the lot manager insists that it's never been in an accident because the "carfax is clean". Lots like that seem to be more than happy to pick up a discounted car with a obvious checkered past as long as it's got a clean carfax.

To each his own I guess, but I tell you, I much prefer looking an owner in the eye and asking about any history of body or paint work as opposed to asking a middleman who can claim ignorance and point to a piece of paper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Price Check: 2007 G35 Journey Fully Loaded 35K miles