G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get some aftermarket struts and some h&r spring and u will be happy with the drop and ride....

Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I like the way your car sits right now.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
that is sexy

Old 11-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
stop being a bitch ! you think thats low? seriously i was looking for that drop.. ! look at my car when i installed eibachs last wkknd.

i go over speedbumps with no scrape at ALL. THIS is too low for eibach springs. yours is normal and fine.

In person its even lower, and im in NY.. pothole and speed bumps everywhere! the wheels are under the fender

edit- btw the bounce is normal.. yet very annoying! i cant go a block without it pissing me off. ah well i guess you get used to it.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Get shocks, then the alignment, call it a day. Be happy.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The the Sport Sedan sit lower stock than the Journey or Base?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by 07-G35-MT/S
Get shocks, then the alignment, call it a day. Be happy.
Do you know which shocks will work for the 2nd gen sedan? I heard the tokiko blues were good but I can't find any that are made for my model.

also

If I get a set of Tein basics how low can I dial them in to avoid having to buy aftermarket hardware to correct the camber/toe?

I just want like 3/4 of an inch drop. It is too low at the moment with the eibachs.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stock S wheels on eibach pro kit springs make me all warm and fuzzy inside! I love it!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aquabat0587
So are there any other lowering springs out that will be less bouncy and maybe a little less of a drop?
If you're going to replace shocks might as well do a different set of springs or even some Tein basics.

But if you're looking for the least amount of drop try Impul, Tanabe NF210, or Tein H-tech. I personally have the Tanabe's and wished I did the eibach for looks. But since its my wife's car im glad I used the Tanabe's

Old 11-22-2011, 02:02 AM
So how log can I go with a set of tein basics without having to buy a camber kit?

Old 11-22-2011, 03:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Eibach's! and my car is not Bouncy at all that u describe! It rides better than the Factory Sport Coils! which were too stiff and jittery over bumps! Mine rides Softer and more controlled compared to OEM! it more Solid feeling with the Eibachs! since your car has High Miles, I am betting u have dead Shocks and Stuts, which can't control the spring over bumps anymore. Replace those and u should be fine, no more Bounce! and Enjoy the Drop!

Old 11-22-2011, 06:24 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by OMG35S
Honestly, you're over 100k with stock OEM suspension.. You should sell the springs and buy some COILOVERS!!

I've never heard of Eibach's being bouncy?... I think your stock suspension is a little worn out?
Originally Posted by apexi957
You won't retain OEM stiffness regardless. Eibach design is way to progressive for it. Aftermarket spring + strut combo will work, but coilovers are the way to go.

OP with over 100K miles you need to replace the shocks as well. Since that's the case these boys know what they are talking about. Coils will solve all of your issues. You can adjust the height to wherever you want it, the springs are designed to go with the shocks in the kit so the ride is much more fluid than trying to match shocks to springs, and you will be able to adjust the dampening on the shocks to find the perfect ride for you. Trying to match aftermarket springs and shocks will never give you the quality ride or range of adjustability that coils will. If you look at spending $250 for springs and another $500 for shocks, for another couple of hundred dollars you can get a decent set of coils that you will be super happy with. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Now you have me worried about putting the eibach kit in... I dont want it to be bouncy lol
Shame on you for even mentioning springs only, you know better...............

I'm on the verge of disowning you as my G son, so disappointing. I know I taught you better than that.

The following users liked this post:
Racer_X (11-23-2011)
Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
OP with over 100K miles you need to replace the shocks as well. Since that's the case these boys know what they are talking about. Coils will solve all of your issues. You can adjust the height to wherever you want it, the springs are designed to go with the shocks in the kit so the ride is much more fluid than trying to match shocks to springs, and you will be able to adjust the dampening on the shocks to find the perfect ride for you. Trying to match aftermarket springs and shocks will never give you the quality ride or range of adjustability that coils will. If you look at spending $250 for springs and another $500 for shocks, for another couple of hundred dollars you can get a decent set of coils that you will be super happy with. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Shame on you for even mentioning springs only, you know better...............

I'm on the verge of disowning you as my G son, so disappointing. I know I taught you better than that.

Yeah I have decided to just go with coilovers. I like the idea of them being matched properly. I guess the lesson is do it once and do it right.

When I get the coilovers do any I you know how low you can go without having to buy a camber kit? I heard as long as its an inch or less drop you are good.

Thanks do much for all te responses and feedback on my situation. I love g35driver.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have eibach pro kit. Mine does not sit anywhere as low as yours. Is it because I have a journey? Mine rides smooth, no bounce at all. But I do wish mine is a little lower.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rickochet
I have eibach pro kit. Mine does not sit anywhere as low as yours. Is it because I have a journey? Mine rides smooth, no bounce at all. But I do wish mine is a little lower.
pics?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit