G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit

Hey guys I installed a set of eibach pro kit springs on my g35. The car is sitting a little too low for my tastes. The camber is pretty far off and I am scraping on speedbumps and stuff. I am trying not to spend much money on fixing this.

I went to put my stock springs back on last weekend only to find out after removing my front struts that I cannot find my stock springs for the rear!

My question is do you guys know which 350/370z springs are compatible with my car? I saw a thread on here where someone put 370 springs and it dropped it about .8 inches. I have a hard time wanting to pay money for the stock springs that I used to have onyl to go back to the 4X4 look. I have the sport model so the springs are stiffer than the non sport model. I would like to be able to pick up some 350 or 370z springs from a junkyard or something because the OEM replacement springs on my car are like 130 bucks a spring in the rear.

I am looking for just enough drop to close the wheel gap from stock but not too much that I will need to pay 500 bucks for the camber/toe kit.

EDIT:Looks like I will just try and get used to the way its dropped.

I still want to aleviate the bouncing that I get when going over speedbumps and driving on the interstate. I thought that by getting shocks it would fix this but I need to know for sure before I do it.

Could it be that since my car has 112k miles on it that the shocks are just going bad and that is what is making it bouncy?

Here is a pic of my car as it sits today.

g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit-nbrqh.jpg

g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit-yw7l1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by aquabat0587; 11-02-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
Looks real good tho.

Gl

Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Which Eibach pro kit# did you install? An alignment should get your toe within spec and your camber very close and possibly within spec as well. Then just add some spacers when you are ready.

370Z (sport) springs are what you need if that's the route you want to go. Edit - you can only use the 370Z front springs, the rears don't fit.
That thread you refer to is probably the one started by InTgr8r who put them on his 08G35S and then he took them off, I bought them and put them on my G35X.
https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-bra...xperiment.html

this was mine after I installed them
https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...new-smile.html

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 11-02-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
thats really not that low. I would give it a chance and learn to drive like that. it shouldn't be more than -1.5 camber all around after an alignment.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
That's a perfect drop! Stop crying and deal with it!! You gonna have to avoid a lot drive thrus and drive ways now! But that drop is right on the money!

Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am worried about the wear I am getting on my tires. I can already tell ont he fronts that they are wearing unevenly. I have an SPC camber kit for front and back with toe bolts coming to the house and I was plannign on returning them. I could go ahead and install it. I could learn to live with being low because it looks soo much better

The only time I really scrape is when I am loaded with passengers(3 adults). The springs seem pretty bouncy compared to the stock setup. I think if I got some tokiko blues that it would fix the bounce so I wouldnt bottom out going over speed bumps.

Can anyone comment on this? If I know that with the tokiko shocks that the bouncy situation can be fixed then I will just keep it dropped.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Are you on coupe eibach springs? Because that doesn't look like sedan version. Are you RWD or AWD?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:16 AM
No, they are sedan eibach springs. It seems low in the back but that could be because of my sound system stuff. I just have a ported box for 2 10's . Its not crazy heavy but its a little noticeable.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by aquabat0587
No, they are sedan eibach springs. It seems low in the back but that could be because of my sound system stuff. I just have a ported box for 2 10's . Its not crazy heavy but its a little noticeable.
what's it weigh...I mean, we put 20 gallons of fuel (120lbs) in the back and it doesnt affect the height much.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
what's it weigh...I mean, we put 20 gallons of fuel in the back and it doesnt affect the height much.
I dont know exactly but i doubt its significant.

Also do you guys know of any aftermarket shocks to go with? I can't find the tokiko shocks for my model. They all say coupe only. Is it ok to put coupe shocks on?

Also, I have had an alignment done but I didn't think of getting the sheet from them.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
They should always give you a sheet. I love the drop though. where are you located? I have non sport springs for sell if you want.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
They should always give you a sheet. I love the drop though. where are you located? I have non sport springs for sell if you want.
Yeah, maybe I should get a professional alignment done. I am not too sure about the shop I got it done at then. Also I am in Atlanta so quite a distance from you.

You guys think i can get to spec or close to it without the camber/toe kit? I guess it wouldn't hurt to put it on since I have it now.

I really would like to do shocks though too. My car has 112k on it and I think it would be time to replace them soon anyways. Do we know if the tokiko blues for the g37 coupe worjk on our v36 sedans?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, maybe I should get a professional alignment done. I am not too sure about the shop I got it done at then. Also I am in Atlanta so quite a distance from you.

You guys think i can get to spec or close to it without the camber/toe kit? I guess it wouldn't hurt to put it on since I have it now.

I really would like to do shocks though too. My car has 112k on it and I think it would be time to replace them soon anyways. Do we know if the tokiko blues for the g37 coupe worjk on our v36 sedans?
here is the suspension alignment sheet of a forum member, I know, that has a 08 G35S with Eibach ProKit with NO extra camber/toe adjustment add-ons at all.

Attached Thumbnails g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit-roys-g35s.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am worried about the wear I am getting on my tires. I can already tell ont he fronts that they are wearing unevenly. I have an SPC camber kit for front and back with toe bolts coming to the house and I was plannign on returning them. I could go ahead and install it. I could learn to live with being low because it looks soo much better

The only time I really scrape is when I am loaded with passengers(3 adults). The springs seem pretty bouncy compared to the stock setup. I think if I got some tokiko blues that it would fix the bounce so I wouldnt bottom out going over speed bumps.

Can anyone comment on this? If I know that with the tokiko shocks that the bouncy situation can be fixed then I will just keep it dropped.
Get the alignment done so if you haven't. Make sure toe is zero all around and camber is -1.5 to -1.7. The Eibach kit will bounce of course, it's probably one of the most bounciest spring setup i've sat in.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
here is the suspension alignment sheet of a forum member, I know, that has a 08 G35S with Eibach ProKit with NO extra camber/toe adjustment add-ons at all.
Wow, thanks for that! So everything in green is still in spec? I think I can do the camber kit install myself but the toe bolts scare me because it requires grinding out of the toe bolt slot. Looks like the toe can be in spec without the toe bolt kit.

Do you guys know what to look for in a place to get an alignment done? I like that guy's sheet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35s sitting too low on Eibach pro kit