G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

how to tell if a car has the bose system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenlawnracing
Any aftermarket system would sound much better than this overpriced option.
I wouldn't go that far. Having Bose in the car means getting a bunch of other features included. After everything is said and done, the upgraded audio really doesn't set anyone back much.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Dont all G's come with bose?
Yes they do.

In 07, to get the Bose Studio on Wheels, you had to get the Premium Package which includes:
Tinted Glass
Power Sunroof
Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel
Synchronized memory seats, steering wheel and mirrors
Drivers seat power lumbar
One touch up/down for all 4 windows
Automatic Anti glare rearview mirror
Homelink
Bluetooth handsfree phone
Heated front seats and mirrors
Compass in rearview mirror

a couple more thing in the 08 premium:
Drivers Audio Stage
iPod interface

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 11-03-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 07x has the Bose studio on wheels, and have everything you listed above, minus tinted windows.

I must say I am slightly disappoited with the Bose considering the Burr Brown processor and whatnot. It's very clear most of the time, but not the highs and lows I'm used to with many of my aftermarket systems. The audio is pretty far down my to do list though.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
would replacing the speakers helps on the highs and lows?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
As we said when I was in the home theater business:

No highs

No lows

Must be Bose

+1

You forgot what BOSE stands for: Buy Other Speaker Equipment

Bose sound quality is terrible. I am too much of a purist to even bother installing a "high-end' system in a car. It's just too limited of an environment.

It's all about priorities. I could sell my home audio system and buy a supercharger or turbo and new suspension for the G.
I just like too much stuff and have to settle for lots of nice stuff, instead of some of the 'best' of things.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
In 2007/2008 the Premium package cost $2350/$2500 (little less on the X). Maybe the Bose didn't cost much at all and we were actually paying for the other 11/13 options.
https://g35driver.com/forums/6196500-post17.html

Old 11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Dont all G's come with bose?
no sir...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm not that happy with the Bose. I came from a 04 Maxima and that Bose system was better. I had 3 10'' subs in that car and it slowly but surely messed up my rear suspension. I never expected it to be as bad as it was but considering the previous vehicles I had that system in was a Jeep and a car with air ride I didn't see it coming. When I got my G in spring I vowed to steer clear of aftermarket systems because of this. But now I'm trying to figure out how I can change out most of the speakers in the car and add some amps for those and subs as well. I never really had to change interior speakers in most of my cars but this Bose system seems to need it.

I searched a few times on here but haven't seen an extensive write up yet.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Added a powered sub in the trunk and think the Bose is fine. Sure it doesn't play too loud without distortion. Sure it doesn't have crisp highs. But the soundstage and neutral midrange make it far better than most OE systems and other bose products out there. To dismiss the system because it carries the "bose" name is a little shortsighted. Our bose soundsystem does NOT have the classic bose equalization found in most home bose products (boosted midbass and treble). That said, many have listened and prefer the euphonic sound of jacked up highs and lows. To each his own.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Added a powered sub in the trunk and think the Bose is fine. Sure it doesn't play too loud without distortion. Sure it doesn't have crisp highs. But the soundstage and neutral midrange make it far better than most OE systems and other bose products out there. To dismiss the system because it carries the "bose" name is a little shortsighted. Our bose soundsystem does NOT have the classic bose equalization found in most home bose products (boosted midbass and treble). That said, many have listened and prefer the euphonic sound of jacked up highs and lows. To each his own.
You seem to have pointed out more bad than good...are you sure that YOU like the system, lol. The system distorts very easily, needs a sub and doesn't have good highs. So in other words, if you DON'T like base, treble or slightly loud music this is the system for you.

To make things worse I've been recently noticing a lot of rattling from the passenger sub and the rear deck subs.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by dark227
You seem to have pointed out more bad than good...are you sure that YOU like the system, lol. The system distorts very easily, needs a sub and doesn't have good highs. So in other words, if you DON'T like base, treble or slightly loud music this is the system for you.

To make things worse I've been recently noticing a lot of rattling from the passenger sub and the rear deck subs.
You did not read wrong. The stock bose system definitely has limitations. But slapping in new speakers/amp/sub will not guarantee you good sound even though your highs/lows may be better and the system will play louder. In another thread, a bose engineer discussed how the system was designed specifically for our car and not just thrown together. Unless you go aftermarket and get a calibration/signal processor to custom equalize the sound for our car's interior acoustics, I think you are much better off just sticking with the bose and adding a powered sub (unless of course, you like to play your tunes really loud).

I have a headunit/component speakers/sub in my WRX, and the bose with sub sounds far superior.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Which powered sub do you have? How difficult was the install, and is there a DIY around here? I have installed a couple of car audio systems, but I'm hoping its not too much of a PIA.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
For the cost, i like how it is on our G because at least it's balanced. Moreso than some aftermarket systems i've heard that are either piercing or has too much bass with hardly any mids or definition.

And mishmosh is right, without proper calibration and environmental measurements, it's much harder to get a balanced system in a vehicle. I've tweaked and tweaked in past vehicles but it was always lacking, and i spent far too much on them.

It may not be competition-quality, but put in a well-recorded CD and one can appreciate the system in our G better.

Too many people think that super crisp high's and boomy lows equate to a great system. As an analogy to the human palate, eating culinary delights that are too sweet, salty or sour takes away from appreciating the subtleties in good food that folks used to strong tastes would otherwise consider bland.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
dam i guess im weird cause i love the system in my G, you guys must have super ears with your lows and mids talk i never got that i always liked a crisp clear sound

Old 11-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
Which powered sub do you have? How difficult was the install, and is there a DIY around here? I have installed a couple of car audio systems, but I'm hoping its not too much of a PIA.
Install is not too bad. Just run a power line from the battery down the right side and behind the rear seat to get to the trunk. There is a DIY thread out there (maybe it was for 1st gen but it still applies). I did not use a line converter and just used the line level to the Bose powered sub (do a search for the right color-coded wires to splice into).

I bought a kenwood mono amp from amazon and got a 12" driver, enclosure, fill from Parts Express.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to tell if a car has the bose system