G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Calling all parents. What is your experience with the G and infants

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Calling all parents. What is your experience with the G and infants

We may be expecting a child soon, so I want to start making plans. We have a G sedan and a 2010 civic sedan that I use to commute. I have a 68 Mustang that I've been tinkering with which was my plan to restore but with the baby I am considering selling that to put towards savings. G is paid for, but we just bought the civic less than a year ago.

Anyway, for those who used their G's for main child transporter, how did it work out? I personally think it's too small. Stroller, child seat...etc. I mean it's a tight fit for regular sized adults in the back, I can't imagine how it will be. Although, my wife and I are small so for 2 adults and one child it may not be bad. As for the civic, I think it has more room inside than my G. It makes no sense but it feels bigger. Not comfy like a G though.

But I am also thinking about all the mess that babies come with. I don't want to end up with various fluid stains on carpet/leather and possible scratches, wear and tear on interior from car seats <- does that happen? If I'm going to end up with a car that looks like crap I may as well go buy a 4 door pick-up... (I wouldn't be sacrificing gas mileage, G sucks fuel like it has a v8).

So I ask you, experienced parents. Is the G suitable for us or should we start looking at replacement vehicle?

Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
I say keep it and lay down some beach towels
You have a kid and kids are messy up untill 12yrs lol

Old 11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Received 297 Likes on 242 Posts
As for space, the back of my seat gets kickd every now and then but I just turn around with that "ima get you face" or grab some leg and it all stops

Old 11-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Omg lol love the "ima get you face"!!! i do it all the time since its so tight in the back. I have a 1 year old and i def. use a towel folded up to cover the seat from getting ruined from the car seat. I dont see why it would be a problem unless you have more then 2 kids. I suggest you get those rubber floor mats if you dont want to get stains. I also drive my neices and nephews around, they are like 4-5 years old, so to get them to sit quietly, i pull down the armrest in the back and tell them they each have their own side and they just love that.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
HAHAHH!! YOu want pictures!!? A few toys on the back seat. Some milk stains all over! (Until I clean them of course) Easy to clean leather! Kids are messy no matter what! Space is not that bad. I am short so no problem 5'6". 2 years old are just crazy little people!! lol. Keep the G! Get rid of the ugly civic and buy another G!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by *****-ah-saur
I say keep it and lay down some beach towels
You have a kid and kids are messy up untill 12yrs lol
Lol, what happens when they turn 12? Kids are messy till they leave home and then they miraculously turn neat!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've got a 1 1/2 year old. Rear facing car seats fit fine, with enough room for an average-sized passenger in the front. I don't let my daughter eat in the car without supervision, so she doesn't get a chance to make a mess. Like the others, I put a towel down under the car seat, and the only "damage" I can see is that there's a slight depression where the seat sits and the seat back is slightly deformed where the LATCH anchors attach.

That said, the G might be a little small for the primary kid-carrying vehicle. I think the interior is fine for 2 adults and 1 kid, but the trunk opening with the CD changer is small, and it's a bit of a pain to put our giant Bob stroller in it (though it does fit). With the Bob in the trunk, there's not a lot of room for other large items, like suitcases if you're going on a trip. If your stroller isn't as gigantic as ours, maybe it won't be a problem.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, kids only get messy if you allow them to eat in your car, period. The choice is yours. Unless you're going on a road trip, what reasons are there for kids/toddlers to eat in your car?

Most people use food to quiet kids, well that's a problem to begin with, but, you're in control of the situation.

Sure the G isn't huge, but for a newborn and a stroller, cmon really!!! Buy a minivan.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
I have an 04 sedan. Smaller interior than the 10 but still plenty of space for car seat/kids/stroller.

+1 on the towel under the seat.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 2.5 year old fits fine in the back, and she sits behind me front-facing. She LOVES daddy's "Fast Car" as she calls it. It was so funny, the first time she got in my G she got all quite, looked all around the interior and said "YUMMMY!" That's my girl! Everytime I accelerate fast she immediately says "more more!"

Once you turn the car seat around to front facing don't forget to fold up a hand towel to put between the back and the leather too.

I will say however, that a rear-facing infant carrier with a base (that stays in the car and the carrier/car seat latches into) will make it pretty darn tight for whoever is riding infront. If you're not going too far and the front passenger doesn't have really long legs you'll be fine. My wife is about 5'7" with long legs and she is fine riding in front of a car seat for anything under an hour or two probably.

I say go for it!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I will add that our Britax carseat fits perfectly in the rear seats, width and depth.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have two kids, both had rear facing and are now forward facing. When I had one rear and one forward, the rear facing had to be on the passenger side as I am over 6' so the driver seat has to go all the way back. When I turned them around I put a cover that hangs on the back of the front seats because inevitably the kids will track rain/snow/mud/dirt/whatever the other liquid is into the car and on the seat back. While the trunk isn't huge, it is just large enough for all of the necessities like stroller, bags and toys.

We have a sequioa for our family car (couldn't do the mini-van) so that's our long haul vehicle. But when we go anywhere in town, my daughter asks for the go-fast car.

Keep the G, Use the G, Enjoy the G!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I actually picked up my '07 G35x to replace my two seat Crossfire to be my family mobile!
MY daughter is now 3 months old and like the others mentioned with the rear facing child seat and base it's pretty tight in the front seat, but still not too uncomfortable is the passenger isn't over 5'9.

For the seat I went to Babies R Us and pick up a seat protector. It made by Lionheart and comes with both top and bottom seat protection that Velcro's in the middle together. You still will get the slight seat depression from the car seat anchors, but it's not a pronounced with the seat protector.

I can't wait till she's old enough to go in the front facing seat and my wife can again have leg room!

The stroller fits in the trunk snugly (even with the CD changer, which drives me nuts why an 07 would even have such a device!! I'd love to get rid of it and make the opening bigger) with a little finessing.

Overall......love this family hauler, and even more my daughter

Old 11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
I have a newborn coming next month and a 7 yo now. It seems roomy to me, granted before the G my daily driver was a 2000 toyota tundra access cab, which is way smaller inside, esp. the back. Wifey had an 2010 altima, we take that on trips because of the better gas mileage (4 cyl) and bigger trunk, and the fact she can't drive my 6mt doesn't help either lol. The G trunk is def smaller than the altima, mostly because of the way the hingles are and the cd changer, subwoofer space along the top I think.

Sedan should be fine, now if you had a coupe that'd be a different story!

Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Two kiddos here, no real issues really. Although we're not your typical parental unit pack rats. The G is more than adequate space-wise.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling all parents. What is your experience with the G and infants