G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Opinions: good deal? 07 G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
wow... alot of cheap cars... I know these car values are through the roof, but for those that paid under 20k, there is something about the car regardless if it reports a clean title. The 21-25k that sounds right... All of you go out to your cars and feel with your finger tips every panel edge on your car. If its rough, then there is some repaint on that panel.... If its glass smooth, then you know that panel has never been touched since it left the manufacturer.... If you do feel rough edges, start looking at bolts if the paint has been chipped off, any signs of the particular panel has been removed... Check in your trunk. Remove the rubber seal and check the stamp welds. they shouldn't look like they were re-welded.
8 out of 10 times they have been in accidents and dont report to Carfax or Autocheck. How do you know if this car will perform the way it was designed if you were involved in a serious accident? If a panel has been welded on, it may just snap off in the event of a severe rear-end. May put you or loved ones in Jeopardy... Just my 2 cents

Old 12-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just hopped on a good deal the same day it was posted on Autotrader. Wealthy guy with two other cars that had just moved from out of state and was looking to get rid of his 3rd car. The car had a few minor scraches that are easily repaired, and the steering wheel and door trim was all effed up. After a couple of hours of detailing, and a trip to the dealer to get a new steering wheel and trim for free, I have an even better deal than I thought. Car is in great shape now. Brand new tires too.

It's all about really shopping around and be patient to wait for a good deal to pop up. I was looking at 1st. gen. sedans that were the same price or more, untill my '07 popped up.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotdawwgman
wow... alot of cheap cars... I know these car values are through the roof, but for those that paid under 20k, there is something about the car regardless if it reports a clean title. The 21-25k that sounds right... All of you go out to your cars and feel with your finger tips every panel edge on your car. If its rough, then there is some repaint on that panel.... If its glass smooth, then you know that panel has never been touched since it left the manufacturer.... If you do feel rough edges, start looking at bolts if the paint has been chipped off, any signs of the particular panel has been removed... Check in your trunk. Remove the rubber seal and check the stamp welds. they shouldn't look like they were re-welded.
8 out of 10 times they have been in accidents and dont report to Carfax or Autocheck. How do you know if this car will perform the way it was designed if you were involved in a serious accident? If a panel has been welded on, it may just snap off in the event of a severe rear-end. May put you or loved ones in Jeopardy... Just my 2 cents
Paid 18.5K for my 07..nothing wrong with the car...just got a good deal. there are great deals out there...just have to look hard like it's your job and wait it out..you will find a great deal. My engine ended up blowing up 8k miles ago...but all the proper maintenance was done on it so it was going to do it regardless if i paid 22K or the 18.5K

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 12-15-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my 2 month ago Black on Black G35S 6 Speed with Nav/Tech/Premium and 4WAS no backup camera only 30K miles on a car for 20 000 +tax. and its mint showroom condition no accidents. i bought it from a dealer but prior owner also gave a set of infiniti rims with winter tires.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't think anyone is going to follow what I posted an post up their results.

There is no such thing as a good deal...

Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by funkydrummer
I just hopped on a good deal the same day it was posted on Autotrader. Wealthy guy with two other cars that had just moved from out of state and was looking to get rid of his 3rd car. The car had a few minor scraches that are easily repaired, and the steering wheel and door trim was all effed up. After a couple of hours of detailing, and a trip to the dealer to get a new steering wheel and trim for free, I have an even better deal than I thought. Car is in great shape now. Brand new tires too.

It's all about really shopping around and be patient to wait for a good deal to pop up. I was looking at 1st. gen. sedans that were the same price or more, untill my '07 popped up.
Did you know that if you had a salvage title vehicle and transfer the car to another state without disclosing the salvage, you can receive a clean title? It's called a title wash.... A wealthy guy who just moved out of state? It's a possibility...

Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM
No one is going to admit that they went out to there car and felt every panels edge and was like. Oh crap.... Hotdawwgman was right.... Whatever

Old 12-15-2011, 12:22 PM
There is no such thing as a good deal...
Really? You need to open your eyes if you don't think there is anything such as a good deal. There are good deals on cars, houses, boats ect ect ect.

LOL @ no good deals.

No one is going to admit that they went out to there car and felt every panels edge and was like. Oh crap.... Hotdawwgman was right.... Whatever
You know why i won't do it? Because my mechanic did if for me when i brought the car to him...just because you overpaid doesn't mean there aren't any deals..

So i should overpay to make sure there is nothing wrong with the car?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Did you know that if you had a salvage title vehicle and transfer the car to another state without disclosing the salvage, you can receive a clean title? It's called a title wash.... A wealthy guy who just moved out of state? It's a possibility...
you are correct, but carfax usually picks those thing up.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
Really? You need to open your eyes if you don't think there is anything such as a good deal. There are good deals on cars, houses, boats ect ect ect.

LOL @ no good deals.

You know why i won't do it? Because my mechanic did if for me when i brought the car to him...just because you overpaid doesn't mean there aren't any deals..

So i should overpay to make sure there is nothing wrong with the car?
I never said I over paid. I think I paid fair market value for my vehicle. I knew all the details about my car. I ever got a prior use disclosure on my vehicle.... I even got a guarantee on the title of my vehicle to be free from frame. I love the fact that's still have warranty on my vehicle. A mechanic is only going to look at the mechanics of the vehicle. As long as your car is under factory warranty, all will be taken care of... He isn't going to inspect ever panel, check for welds on the quarter panels. That's not his expertise. You paid him to over look the mechanics of the car. That's what his expertise is. So why don't you go feel every panel and live life in the fast lane and see if your expert mechanic was right. If he was, YAY! If not, ok then. It just gives better justification.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Poof
you are correct, but carfax usually picks those thing up.
Not necessarily... It will only report what is reported... Remember, Autocheck reports 200 days sooner than Carfax will.... That's food for thought. How long does the average used car stay on the market if it is priced really low??

Old 12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
I never said I over paid. I think I paid fair market value for my vehicle. I knew all the details about my car. I ever got a prior use disclosure on my vehicle.... I even got a guarantee on the title of my vehicle to be free from frame. I love the fact that's still have warranty on my vehicle. A mechanic is only going to look at the mechanics of the vehicle. As long as your car is under factory warranty, all will be taken care of... He isn't going to inspect ever panel, check for welds on the quarter panels. That's not his expertise. You paid him to over look the mechanics of the car. That's what his expertise is. So why don't you go feel every panel and live life in the fast lane and see if your expert mechanic was right. If he was, YAY! If not, ok then. It just gives better justification.
So there are no deals out there ever on cars correct? Because that's basically what you said. Because i know lots of people that got good..or even GREAT deals on cars

Old 12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
not really...

The only way to get the best possible deal on a new car is if you sell your car privately, secure your own financing, and work on the price. NO dealership wants people to pay cash. there is no incentive to the dealer. Only the "holdback" that is supplied to them from the manufacturer. and if the car has been on the lot for months, then that eats on to their holdback.

Used, you just need to be informed on what you are buying... If you fall for the spew at at traditional dealership, like "oh, it has a clean carfax, no accidents or what ever yeah, it may happen, but who is gonna sell something at a great price. Their intention is to make money. Even if it is certified, it still could have been in an accident. something minor, or something major, but if the car shows clean enough to the dealers liking, they are going to tell you what you want to hear... Be realistic... People dont give a good deal for no reason. Dealers are designed to make money. Through shoddy extended warranties, paint protectors, tire warranties, rust proofing, etc. The biggest gain in a dealership is through Financing.... They are going to pamper your approval and add points. Well what if you get 0%... well it doesnt exist. Nothing is for free....

It is proven that a loan of 1.9% is a cheaper monthly than at 0%...
Think about that before I give you the answer

Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Not necessarily... It will only report what is reported... Remember, Autocheck reports 200 days sooner than Carfax will.... That's food for thought. How long does the average used car stay on the market if it is priced really low??
wow i did not know that but on the other note carfax has more info on a car then autocheck.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
yeah that's true... the service history is the biggest selling point for Carfax. Lately, autocheck has been starting to do that!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Opinions: good deal? 07 G35x