G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

just bought g35s sedan 6mt, clutch problems on day 2!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the dealer i bought it from was not an infiniti dealership and it was sold used as is

Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM
called infiniti corporate who told me the recall was already performed on my car

Old 01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
If he bought it as is no warranty, I think he's legally SOL on it as far as getting the place he bought it from to fix it. Some places have a buyback clause, if you think the problem is so huge you want to wash your hands of it. I don't think the slave cyl is that big.. I guess they don't consider that part of powertrain warranty?

Old 01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
its an 07 w 90k miles so im assuming its outside of warranty

Old 01-30-2012, 04:32 PM
oh yeah, well just go to a reputable local shop then, no reason for a dealership raping, unless you have a case with that recall stuff. Good luck dude!

looking through other threads, if your vin falls in the range, then I would call infiniti corporate, it should be covered outside warranty. Others on here were not in the vin group, I see one person paid $500 to replace it.

Last edited by rvanderwerf; 01-30-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I don't know anything about the slave cylinder but someone mentioned needing to drop the transmission. if that is the case, you may want to go ahead and get the clutch replaced while you are at it.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by iamgus_gus
called infiniti corporate who told me the recall was already performed on my car
ok, then that's it. you're outside of any warranty coverage and it's already been replaced before, so as far as Infiniti covering it, you are SOL. The tranny does need to come down to access the slave cylinder, so labor should be similar to what a clutch replacement labor would be. As was mentioned, if you're in there anyway, you may want to go ahead and consider replacing clutch/fly while you're at it. However, at that point, you've opened up a whole new topic (clutch/fly) that you'll undoubtedly want to research more. You may want to take it to a reputable independent clutch repair establishment and get their opinion/confirmation/estimate on what's happening.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Dealership that is working on my car told me they have yet to find out if its a clutch or hydrologic issue. Im going to let them finish their assessment. If replacing the clutch is advised then I will replace the clutch. I plan to in the future to apply forced induction. I have a friend who owns his own shop here in town that does work on nissan/hondas. He will give me a discount on labor.
Im assuming i would need to replace the clutch and flywheel as well affected parts (slave).
I really have no idea what this will add up to cost but I bought the car for $15,800 so maintenance costs are expected.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:59 PM
if anyone wants to give me a quick reference on clutch flywheel combo that you personally recommend it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Dealership that is working on my car told me they have yet to find out if its a clutch or hydrologic issue. Im going to let them finish their assessment. If replacing the clutch is advised then I will replace the clutch. I plan to in the future to apply forced induction. I have a friend who owns his own shop here in town that does work on nissan/hondas. He will give me a discount on labor.
Im assuming i would need to replace the clutch and flywheel as well affected parts (slave).
I really have no idea what this will add up to cost but I bought the car for $15,800 so maintenance costs are expected.
If it were me I'd get a JWT clutch from a vendor on here, a nismo roller bearing, an oem slave cyl, and have an independent shop install it (Sounds like you have a hookup there). You might also need some work on the flywheel if it's needed, or you can get a lightweight aftermarket one - however I have yet to hear of anyone who likes a light flywheel in a DD car.

You can even mail order a slave cyl from Rick @ OC or Phil @ Grubbs dealers and save a little there too!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
if anyone wants to give me a quick reference on clutch flywheel combo that you personally recommend it would be greatly appreciated.
Do your research on this. There are numerous options for aftermarket, but you give up a lot of civility if you forgo the stock type dual-mass flywheel.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:23 AM
any updates?

Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Deal got funded today so I gave the go ahead on the work for my car. An infiniti dealership in town wants 3k to replace clutch flywheel master and slave. clutch n flywheel aren't necessary but since im having a friend of mine do the work at his shop im going to do it all at once, he quoted me $1300 for an jwt clutch & replacement flywheel that he already has with a brand new master and slave from infiniti.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
sweet, don't forget this little guy:
http://www.importpartspro.com/nirobepibuin.html

Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn, its like the ultimate fear in buying a used manual transmission car. At least now you start fresh with your own clutch, in some respects a car with 90K and new clutch is better than a car with 60K and unknown clutch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: just bought g35s sedan 6mt, clutch problems on day 2!