G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

just bought g35s sedan 6mt, clutch problems on day 2!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G force
Damn, its like the ultimate fear in buying a used manual transmission car. At least now you start fresh with your own clutch, in some respects a car with 90K and new clutch is better than a car with 60K and unknown clutch.
Right?!
Tell me about it

anyways, im content in future maintenance cost beyond this point. Always getting fully synthetic as I always do. Im going to mod and drive this thing for the next 4 years.

Guys, after some research I decided i didn't want to replace the slave again soon. Looks like the current part number is the same for g35S and g37S. I decided to go for a more robust system.

Had my guy pick up this ZSpeed Heavy Duty Concentric Replacement Clutch Slave CSC

heres a link
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ZSp...ZSPHDSLAVE.htm

hope this saves me from this issue again, we will see.

Also have him looking at some high flow cats and intakes. Might as well get it all done at once.

Thanks for the responses, i'm glad you guys were around to reassure me. Plan on being here for a long time.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by rvanderwerf
sweet, don't forget this little guy:
http://www.importpartspro.com/nirobepibuin.html
Thanks for the heads up, ordered that too.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by iamgus_gus

Had my guy pick up this ZSpeed Heavy Duty Concentric Replacement Clutch Slave CSC

heres a link
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ZSp...ZSPHDSLAVE.htm

hope this saves me from this issue again, we will see.

I'm sure those work very well, but after reading the install it makes me a bit concerned about their longevity. Is there something particularly compromised in their construction (ie.material choices, etc.) that warrants this seemingly excessive maintenance concern which the stock part DOES NOT have?

Quoting the installation instructions:

It is highly recommended to flush clutch fluid 1-2 times per year
Moisture contamination can damage the metal parts and later cause seal damage to your CSC.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Have everything installed and running great, ah this car is a ton of fun

Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
glad you got it worked out!

Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM
Received 44 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
I'm sure those work very well, but after reading the install it makes me a bit concerned about their longevity. Is there something particularly compromised in their construction (ie.material choices, etc.) that warrants this seemingly excessive maintenance concern which the stock part DOES NOT have?

Quoting the installation instructions:

It is highly recommended to flush clutch fluid 1-2 times per year
Moisture contamination can damage the metal parts and later cause seal damage to your CSC.
I guess that's why the stock one is plastic?

Old 02-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bleeding the clutch isnt a terrible job. but as the system is filled with brake fluid, that will accumulate moisture. Brake systems are supposed to be bled regularly as well to get the moisture out....

Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by lifted-d
bleeding the clutch isnt a terrible job. but as the system is filled with brake fluid, that will accumulate moisture. Brake systems are supposed to be bled regularly as well to get the moisture out....
Agreed, but TWICE a year sounds rather excessive, don't you think?

Old 02-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ as long as you do it once a year you should be fine, these Z slave cylinders really are robust and have no had any complains from what iv seen in all my research, i fully plan on getting this when i get my clutch done which i hope is not anytime soon, expect and hope for 100k from the stock despite the little abuse its taken being driven by others

Old 02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by iamgus_gus
Have everything installed and running great, ah this car is a ton of fun
Glad to hear, do post how the JWT and Z slave cyl work in tandem compared to before when it comes to engagement point and the difference in sound when in neutral as many have complained about the 'cement' mixer sound with aftermarket flywheels on our cars. I have been lucky to have no sound at all 99.9% of the time with my stocker that i like

Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Glad to hear, do post how the JWT and Z slave cyl work in tandem compared to before when it comes to engagement point and the difference in sound when in neutral as many have complained about the 'cement' mixer sound with aftermarket flywheels on our cars. I have been lucky to have no sound at all 99.9% of the time with my stocker that i like
Well I can only compare the clutch to the one I had in my 350z. When I bought this car it was day 1 that the slave went out so I dont really have a point of reference.

I used the stock flywheel because I wanted to avoid chatter.

Otherwise I really love the clutch. When TCS is on if i depress the clutch fast after shifting with moderate throttle I can feel the TCS and it gives me a slip light. Im guessing because it is engaging hard.

When tcs is off it turns into a whole other beast. Maybe this is bc the only reason i turn tcs off is when i want to have fun. WOT this clutch grabs hard and chirps even third.

Im still breaking the clutch in and haven't had the opportunity to really rip on it. After I install my intakes i will be taking it out to play a little more.

Overall I am happy with the clutch. This transmission is much better than the one in my 03z. I dont know if the nismo bearing helped but this girl can shift super fast and hasnt grinded even once which my Z did all the time shifting fast.