G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Top Speed exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
I just noticed today taking off from a light under hard acceleration that there was a hissing noise that sounded like it was coming from the drivers side. Anyone else hearing this now that their exhaust is on? I also have that "Whoosh" after hard shifts to 2nd and 3rd, but I hear that's normal.
I had noises like that even before the exhaust. I thought there was an exhaust leak but had it checked out awhile back and there supposedly wasnt. I dont know what it is but i hate the sound.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The car is at the dealer to have the seat heater replaced under warranty. I'm having them check out the intakes to be sure nothing came loose.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The exhausts are back on ebay, 495 bid - 549 buy it now, still worth it after the price rise? Looks like the tips arent double walled anymore either.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by blackoutbeds
The exhausts are back on ebay, 495 bid - 549 buy it now, still worth it after the price rise? Looks like the tips arent double walled anymore either.
I'd pass on the straight tip version but you may want to contact TopSpeed directly and see if the rolled-tip version is coming back in stock. They said they were going to offer them again in the near future.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by blnewt
...you may want to contact TopSpeed directly and see if the rolled-tip version is coming back in stock. They said they were going to offer them again in the near future.
Then it would be worth $550.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kristof
I had noises like that even before the exhaust. I thought there was an exhaust leak but had it checked out awhile back and there supposedly wasnt. I dont know what it is but i hate the sound.
My 08x does this as well, with factory exhaust (only on hard acceleration at shift points). I too thought it was an exhaust leak, but now that I'm reading all this, I'm going to have to assume it's 'normal' for our cars.

Infiniti really did a great job with this car, but this specific area could have used a bit more time in the engineering department. Raspy/crappy/annoying noises on hard shifts on acceleration make me feel like i'm driving an unrefined car. Good thing I don't drive it hard often at all, so I hardly ever hear the noise we're talking about

Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I actually just installed this exhaust yesterday. I got it for $450. The fitment was a little off, but we just heated it and bent it a little bit and it was fine. I love the sound of it too. There's no drone, and it's not obnoxious. Definitely not a bad grab for the money, IMO.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:33 PM
So, now that it has been a little over three months since the purchase and install of my exhaust I would like to get some input on the exhaust from other members.

How's your exhaust system holding up? Any issues at all?

Im having a pretty major issue with mine right now. I don't want to share what the real issue is until TopSpeed has a chance to see what they can do for me. I called and emailed them pics today. We will see what happens from here.

Since I have had the exhaust on my car I have taken really good care of it like I do with the exterior of my car. I wash the car often and wash the mufflers/tips every time I do. Them being all polished versus the black OEM mufflers its very easy to see the dirt on them. I cant really think of any better way to take car of the exhaust system.

Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Iv had mine for about the same amount of time, no issues other then the exhaust tips looking aged...fast..kinda pissed they just didn't stick with the double wall polished tip like the first gen but its whatever....I don't know what other issues I could have without u telling me what to look for? Other then that its sounding great and fitment went as planned. Can you pm me what issues your having?

Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM
So, now that it has been a little over three months since the purchase and install of my exhaust I would like to get some input on the exhaust from other members.

How's your exhaust system holding up? Any issues at all?

Im having a pretty major issue with mine right now. I don't want to share what the real issue is until TopSpeed has a chance to see what they can do for me. I called and emailed them pics today. We will see what happens from here.

Since I have had the exhaust on my car I have taken really good care of it like I do with the exterior of my car. I wash the car often and wash the mufflers/tips every time I do. Them being all polished versus the black OEM mufflers its very easy to see the dirt on them. I cant really think of any better way to take car of the exhaust system.

Any input would be appreciated.
Can't really help w/ the straight muffler tips (I've got the earlier rolled tip version) but I've had my TS Pro1 since last March and it still looks almost new, the outside of the tips, the cans, the mid pipe, resonators, still shine up like day 1. Even the inside of the exhaust tips still look really clean. The welds have darkened up a bit but that's it. Sorry to hear of any issues you may have, sounds like it may be the cheap tips

Old 01-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Can't really help w/ the straight muffler tips (I've got the earlier rolled tip version) but I've had my TS Pro1 since last March and it still looks almost new, the outside of the tips, the cans, the mid pipe, resonators, still shine up like day 1. Even the inside of the exhaust tips still look really clean. The welds have darkened up a bit but that's it. Sorry to hear of any issues you may have, sounds like it may be the cheap tips
The issues are with more then just the tips.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:43 PM
The issues are with more then just the tips.
I'd be interested in hearing your issues, if you want to PM me (I won't pass any info around).
At any rate, hope you get your situation resolved to your satisfaction.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
I've noticed that the welds have darkened as well. Other than that, just some rust spots on the tips but those are getting replaced in the Spring.

Old 01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Heard back from TopSpeed today.

My issue that's becoming a big issue is RUST....the tips of the exhaust, inside the tips, all welding points, the hangers, and edges of the mufflers are rusting pretty badly. This is just what I can see from kneeling down behind the car, haven't checked any of the piping under the car. I wash my car often and clean the tips and muffler canisters every time I do. The car hasn't been washed in about 3 weeks now because it has snowed on and off for that amount of time not counting the below freezing temp . Plus I've traveled for the holidays back and forth to an area that stays pretty nasty because of coal trucks etc. and within this time is when I've started noticing the rust and I'm assuming it's because of the salt.

TopSpeed said they were rusting already because of the conditions I've submitted the exhaust system to (first time its snowed like this here in Kentucky this season, and longest time it's been since the exhaust has been cleaned) and that there was nothing wrong with them doing that. He said they are metal and eventually metal does rust stainless steel or not. He advised me to use a stainless steel polish to clean the surface rust off and then coat it with a stainless steel polish and that should take care of the rust. He said I needed to do this on a regular basis.....

Honestly, at this point the only thing I'm impressed with on this exhaust system is the sound. The Fitment is bad, the tips are HORRIBLE, and now rust already? To me this is unacceptable no matter how good you take care of the exhaust only after 3 months. Hell, I had cheap ebay exhaust on my 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT for over 4 YEARS with out cleaning it or polishing it ever and when I sold the car there wasn't one spot of rust on that system and the fitment was 100% on just like OEM.That exhaust system and car was put through hell and back and it looked 10 times better after 4 years then this exhaust does in 3 months. If the "conditions I've submitted the exhaust too" is less then a month of road salt in Kentuckys atmosphere then I would hate to see what it looks like by this time next year.

I'm glad some of you has had good luck out of this exhaust but if my mind doesn't change I will be removing this exhaust and going back stock soon. I'll just wait until I an find a good deal on the exhaust system I really wanted in the first place. I loved the price and sound of this exhaust but that has obviously backfired for me in general. Hopefully everyone else's will continue to hold up.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Huh...I've never heard of stainless steel rusting. Discolor...sure....rust...not to my knowledge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Top Speed exhaust