G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Top Speed exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Brando
What a piece of crap......sounds like a phart can Honda.

Oh wait.......that's my car.

This exhaust is a very good deal for the money. Good quality materials.

They have the welding jig adjusted and fiittment is spot on. Zero cabin drone. I paintred the end caps black and the cans disappeared.

I am very happy.
Do you have hfc, hest pipes, headers, or anything else that will increase the sound on it and still retain quiet cabin? Just wondering because ringing eardrums from exhaust drone suck and I want headers first.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Nope, nothing except the exhaust system.

Originally Posted by 07-G35-MT/S
Do you have hfc, hest pipes, headers, or anything else that will increase the sound on it and still retain quiet cabin? Just wondering because ringing eardrums from exhaust drone suck and I want headers first.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Alright I grabbed this exhaust too, I think I will be installing it along with my Hotchkis swaybars since the install manual says I have to drop the rear section of the exhaust to install the rear sway bar, so it'll be a good time to upgrade the exhaust too.

It looks to be a pretty decent looking piece for the money. I am very curious on its longevity.

I may also do what Brando did, and paint the rear end caps, maybe even the whole muffler black, any idea how to do this? regular hi-temp paint?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by dimsler
Alright I grabbed this exhaust too, I think I will be installing it along with my Hotchkis swaybars since the install manual says I have to drop the rear section of the exhaust to install the rear sway bar, so it'll be a good time to upgrade the exhaust too.

It looks to be a pretty decent looking piece for the money. I am very curious on its longevity.

I may also do what Brando did, and paint the rear end caps, maybe even the whole muffler black, any idea how to do this? regular hi-temp paint?
VHT caliper paint should work, just bake it on during a long drive.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Cool

I used Hi Temp Engine paint.

Low Gloss black.

Originally Posted by dimsler

Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I used Hi Temp Engine paint.

Low Gloss black.
Do you have any pics after you painted them, that pic on your previous post looks pretty nice!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Installed the exhaust a few days ago, I echo Deeprumbles' assessment (over on myg37.com) regarding the fit, finish, and overall quality of the exhaust. The exhaust came packaged better than anything I've ever received (this may be the standard way to ship an exhaust since I've never bought one before, but still very impressed w/ the care in packaging). The flanges are very substantial and they mount up very true. No adjustment was necessary at all, everything centered up and the tips are the same distance from the bumper recesses as the stock tips.The welds are very good and the tips are solid, just a very nicely put together system. For $399 shipped I was expecting thinner walled tubing and not the perfect fit & quality finish that I ended up receiving. I wasn't expecting junk, but I just had lower expectations since the price was so low and there wasn't much history on this particular application.

I really like the deeper tone of the exhaust note, just a mellow rumble at idle and really opens up nicely as you get on the gas. It also passes the butt-dyno test, definitely feels more responsive. If anyone is on the fence w/ this exhaust I'd jump on this deal. Sure there are more complete "true" catbacks, this IS only from the Y pipe back, but it a lot of bang for the buck. Just about as much money as an intake, but you can enjoy the sound all the time

The following users liked this post:
Racer_X (03-22-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
blnewt, thanks for the overview and the pics man, that's awesome of you to take the time to do that. Looks like money well spent.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:36 PM
would this fit the X? or is axle back still a prob

Old 03-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
blnewt, thanks for the overview and the pics man, that's awesome of you to take the time to do that. Looks like money well spent.
Thanks for the thanks Yep, I'm very happy w/ this purchase, hope to get a couple sound clips up too!
Originally Posted by blackoutbeds
would this fit the X? or is axle back still a prob
Over on this thread member "Deeprumble" installed it on an X w/out problem. You might send him a PM to see if he had any issues, but it didn't look like it.
http://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-seda...the-sedan.html

Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM
hey thanks alot man!

Old 03-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by blackoutbeds
hey thanks alot man!
No problem
Here's a couple sound clips, sorry for the crappy audio, it really doesn't pick up the idle tone much at all
G37 sound clip TopSpeed - YouTube

G37 sedan Top Speed exhaust - YouTube

Old 03-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Thumbs up

Glad you are happy.

It's not half bad for one third the price.

Painting the endcaps makes the cans go away from the rear and all you see is the tips.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks for the reviews! I think I'll order mine within the next couple weeks. Gonna paint the end of the mufflers black like the OEM ones.

Was gonna go with Tanabe axle back but a member here flaked out on the sell with me. Sigh.

Last edited by kristof; 03-22-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Glad you are happy.

It's not half bad for one third the price.

Painting the endcaps makes the cans go away from the rear and all you see is the tips.
I may paint the cans, not sure yet, but yeah, I'm very happy w/ the cost vs. the end result
Originally Posted by KyLex06
Thanks for the reviews! I think I'll order mine within the next couple weeks. Gonna paint the end of the mufflers black like the OEM ones.

Was gonna go with Tanabe axle back but a member here flaked out on the sell with me. Sigh.
Too bad your deal bricked, but I think you'll be happy w/ this deal, plus you get a new mid-pipe too Be sure to get the one on auction rather than the $449 buy-it-now listing, should be able to land one at $399 shipped or close to it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Top Speed exhaust