G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Jumping ship to Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ yup thats what i gathered as well overall thus suggesting the S, either way OP can test drive both and make his own informed decisions since we are all just giving him our opinions.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
Where in the OP does it say he's conservative?

In the bold above it says he's coming from a "sport coupe (CLK) to a sedan," and "The handling and overall drive did not seem as 'fun' as the CLK." To me, that shows that he isn't conservative and would prefer a sport suspension over the AWD/base suspension.

I will say he slightly contradicted himself, but overall, it seems he wants a sportier ride
"but I'm a very conservative driver usually " says it in the OPs second comment dude.

Last edited by finallygot1; 03-18-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: guilt?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by finallygot1
"but I'm a very conservative driver usually " says it in the OPs second comment genius.
I don't recall calling you any names or being derogatory in any way, but If we're going to start slinging ****, then maybe you should look at the context of his statement first before you type a response.

Firstly, in the post you're referring to, he says "Fuel efficiency is a bit disappointing but I'm a very conservative driver usually so my results should probably be a tad better. As far as this statement goes, I take it as he's "conservative" as far as getting on the gas, i.e. he tries to control his "lead foot" so to speak. I'm sure most will agree that to be the case. If he didn't want a sporty car, he never would have got the CLK and would have gotten an ML or some other docile car.

Secondly, in the area I quoted, he says "The handling and overall drive did not seem as 'fun' as my CLK, but then again I'm coming from a sport coupe to a sedan, and I also tested an AWD and not a sport model. I really don't need or want AWD so maybe driving a G35 or G35S will make a big difference?" Fun to me, as far as an automobile is concerned = sporty. If a car isn't sporty, it isn't fun. Is a Camry fun? Nope. How about a Corolla? Nope again. I can give countless other examples. Was my 335 fun, **** ya it was. Is my G35S fun? Sure as hell is. I don't know what you define as fun, but to me and probably 99% of the forum members here, a fun car = a sporty, powerful, well handling car.

Thirdly, I referred to his "OP," and not the post you're referring to which was his second post. So, your reading comprehension basically sucks.

Oh, and btw, **** you noob

Old 03-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
I don't recall calling you any names or being derogatory in any way, but If we're going to start slinging ****, then maybe you should look at the context of his statement first before you type a response.

...other stuff...

Oh, and btw, **** you noob
Firstly, I'll go ahead and apologize for the "dude" comment, I should have taken the high road or ignored it.

But: You sort of called out my statement as wrong, when in fact the OP (person making the original post) used those very same words.

I had no problem with you stating an opinion opposite mine, but acting as if I had made a mistake somehow when I referred to something the OP stated - and it's right there in his comments - seemed like Dan Quayle telling someone they spelled potato wrong.
as for your comment "**** you noob", and slinging..wow. I was mostly pointing out that the mistake I supposedly made did not exist.

Last edited by finallygot1; 03-18-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: consitency
Old 03-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Hey guys, if you made a post that you feel could have been worded better, there's nothing stopping you from going back and editing it. It only takes a second, it's free, and it can eliminate the need for ongoing posts.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Again, your did not read what I typed correctly

I said where in THE OP, not where DID the OP or where did (he) the OP. In that case, OP meant original post, not (person making the) original post.

But, I digress and apologize too

Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Way to scare away a new member guys......

OP- welcome, we dont usually argue like this! I swear!

My parents have always owned Mercedes, in fact my mom has a CLK430 (she only drives 3000 miles a year, so they last very long!) Before that she had a 560SEC

Great cars, but the maintenance on the G is much less.

The interior is not quite up to standard, but with the Sport model, it will definitely feel much lighter on its feet then the Benz which tends to have that bank vault feeling.....

Last time I went to go buy a car, I was very close to buying a german automobile, but the maintenance costs kept me away as regardless of how long I keep my cars, I like to think if I did decide to keep one longer then 3-4 years that when it got past 50K miles, it wouldnt kill me!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to cause any confusion on the post, never thought it could cause that much debate

E-Ticket Ride got the idea though...What I meant with a conservative drive is that I like to save gas. Even if it only means a difference of $10-$15 at most in a whole month, I strive for savings. It's kind of an obsession. The higher I get my mpg meter the more endorphins my brain gets... If I really was more dedicated to it I guess I could always get Prius, but I'll swear on the grave that belongs to any important person that that'll never happen.

I want a smooth ride with an engine that I can barely hear that still has decent straight line performance. My ultimate car would probably be an E63 AMG but that probably will not happen anytime soon.

Regarding the reliability of German cars...first car was an 85 300D that had almost 300k miles when I sold it and it's still running just fine now and probably will for the foreseeable future. I got my '06 CLK350 three years ago and have put 50K miles on it with a total of 70K miles now that so far has only needed a thermostat outside of routine maintenance. Problem is, my car has the M272 engine that has the very notorious and extremely expensive issue that affects a lot of cars out there that Mercedes has basically screwed some people over big time on by not owning up to it and not paying for the defect if/when it happens. Most charging $4K-$6K to replace a timing gear that wears down pre-maturely because Mercedes put cheap parts in the engines. Really Mercedes?