G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G35 S Emblem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow G35 S Emblem

Hey all,

So the red S emblem on my G35 is is starting to peel away. I'm referring to the red paint color, not the emblem itself. How should I go about fixing this? After a little research, it looks like I can order a new G35 S emblem and just stick it on there - what do you all suggest?

Thanks!

Old 04-24-2012, 11:52 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 237 Likes on 148 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nate503
Hey all,

So the red S emblem on my G35 is is starting to peel away. I'm referring to the red paint color, not the emblem itself. How should I go about fixing this? After a little research, it looks like I can order a new G35 S emblem and just stick it on there - what do you all suggest?

Thanks!
I PM'd you have it in stock!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know the proper way in which to remove the original emblem and how to go about placing a new one?

Old 04-24-2012, 01:56 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
Use heat, waxed dental floss and some bug&tar remover or other gentle glue removing product.
Look for 'debadging' in the DIY's
https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...hting-diy-232/

Old 04-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Dont need to buy a new one. You just clean it real good both the car and the S and get the 3m tape to tape it back on the trunk

Old 04-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Dont need to buy a new one. You just clean it real good both the car and the S and get the 3m tape to tape it back on the trunk
The physical emblem itself is not peeling off - just the red coating on top of the S emblem is coming off.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Received 575 Likes on 502 Posts
Oh! How bad is it? Can u post a pix?

Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by bluedevils95
Oh! How bad is it? Can u post a pix?
I'll post some pics up later when I get off work.

It's not that bad at all. It's coming off at the top of the S. It's just bugging me. Mainly because I just got it (used), but still - I'm trying to get it looking good.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate503
I'll post some pics up later when I get off work.

It's not that bad at all. It's coming off at the top of the S. It's just bugging me. Mainly because I just got it (used), but still - I'm trying to get it looking good.
I know how you feel man. I keep getting called OCD by my parents because I have been going to detail shop after detail shop trying to get this weird smudge off of my trunk that's been there since I bought it used. But at least you got the hookup from Grubbs Infiniti for a new emblem =)

Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by EbbAndBlow
I know how you feel man. I keep getting called OCD by my parents because I have been going to detail shop after detail shop trying to get this weird smudge off of my trunk that's been there since I bought it used. But at least you got the hookup from Grubbs Infiniti for a new emblem =)
Yeah - that's true. However, I'm a bit skeptical in my ability to remove the old emblem and replace it with the new. Haha.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Believe me its SUPER easy just watch a few vids on youtube for 'debadging' to gain some confidence. Just take some dental floss and slide between the trunk and the emblem and will come right off without leaving behind any 3m tape.

And since u will be replacing it with a new 'S' u dont even have to spend hours cleaning the shadow left behind by the old one and will know exactly how to place it

Old 04-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
+1 on the above post. Doesn't sound like a difficult job at all. Maybe time consuming if the tape takes a bit to lose its adhesion to the car. =)

Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Believe me its SUPER easy just watch a few vids on youtube for 'debadging' to gain some confidence. Just take some dental floss and slide between the trunk and the emblem and will come right off without leaving behind any 3m tape.

And since u will be replacing it with a new 'S' u dont even have to spend hours cleaning the shadow left behind by the old one and will know exactly how to place it
You wouldn't recommend removing all the original adhesive before applying the new emblem?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
once u take the old one off with some heat(not required) you should be able to take the 'S' off without leaving behind any traces of the 3m tape behind, basically making sure that the the new 'S' is attached to the trunk surface and not to some leftover 3m tape making the new S sticking out more. What i meant was that you dont need to clean the 'shadowing' left behind since it will be covered with new 'S' but make sure that no 3m tape is left behind... doe sit make sense?

As i said u should be able to get everything off as one piece with the tape but IF u have no heat source and some of the 3M tape is left behind, it can easily be removed with some rubbing with a wet towel OR some 'goo gone' IF its stuck on there good(rare). Then one wipe with rubbing alcohol(optional) and put on the new one.

Believe me it really is easy and once you get the floss between the two and start pulling down you will realize how easy it really is.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
once u take the old one off with some heat(not required) you should be able to take the 'S' off without leaving behind any traces of the 3m tape behind, basically making sure that the the new 'S' is attached to the trunk surface and not to some leftover 3m tape making the new S sticking out more. What i meant was that you dont need to clean the 'shadowing' left behind since it will be covered with new 'S' but make sure that no 3m tape is left behind... doe sit make sense?

As i said u should be able to get everything off as one piece with the tape but IF u have no heat source and some of the 3M tape is left behind, it can easily be removed with some rubbing with a wet towel OR some 'goo gone' IF its stuck on there good(rare). Then one wipe with rubbing alcohol(optional) and put on the new one.

Believe me it really is easy and once you get the floss between the two and start pulling down you will realize how easy it really is.
I see what you mean. Though, from many of the videos I've watched for debadging there seems to always be left over adhesive? That's why I was asking.

What do you mean by shadowing exactly?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge by the way. I appreciate the help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 S Emblem