G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

2007 g35x sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by js1
Thanks everyone.

I'll try to bring it down to $17K even though he was very firm on the price and is "willing to consider $17.5" :-(

Should I even bother getting a car fax report or is that a waste of money?
I'm not sure. The dealer gave me a CarFax report. I heard CarFax is highly unreliable though, and there is a better alternative out there.

I don't know why the dealers around you are asking for 22k-24k for a 2007 G35x with Premium Package only...that seems really high for a car that's already 5 years old. I'm from NJ and I got my car from Ramsey Infiniti in Paramus and it was relatively cheap when I bought it three years ago... Even though my car only had 21k miles on it when I first bought it, I had some major mechanical issues that had to be replaced by warranty from Infiniti. (I had a power steering rack leak that was replaced and also wheel bearings as well as the brake judder TSB and other issues.) I also had to replace my whole instrument cluster because the needles would get stuck during hot weather in NJ. I also had to replace my passenger seat because the airbag sensor was faulty. 2007 Infiniti G35x was the first year it debuted as V36, so I feel like there are more glitches.

What worries me more is that since you're buying from a seller, if a problem does arrive you might be SOL when it comes to repairs. A dealer might be able to fix your problems with a warranty of a month or so...

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-07-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM
js1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I'm not sure. The dealer gave me a CarFax report. I heard CarFax is highly unreliable though, and there is a better alternative out there.

I don't know why the dealers around you are asking for 22k-24k for a 2007 G35x with Premium Package only...that seems really high for a car that's already 5 years old. I'm from NJ and I got my car from Ramsey Infiniti in Paramus and it was relatively cheap when I bought it three years ago... Even though my car only had 21k miles on it when I first bought it, I had some major mechanical issues that had to be replaced by warranty from Infiniti. (I had a power steering rack leak that was replaced and also wheel bearings as well as the brake judder TSB and other issues) 2007 Infiniti G35x was the first year it debuted as V36, so I feel like there are more glitches.

What worries me more is that since you're buying from a seller, if a problem does arrive you might be SOL when it comes to repairs. A dealer might be able to fix your problems with a warranty of a month or so...
I'm also from NJ and been looking at dealerships around here and NY and they're asking for 20k+ for 07s

Old 06-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by js1
I'm also from NJ and been looking at dealerships around here and NY and they're asking for 20k+ for 07s
Buying a used car kind of sucks if you don't have a warranty attached to it because sometimes, you get bad luck of a car that starts to break at the worst times. Also, repairing any part in a luxury vehicle like Infiniti isn't cheap either.

Since I've gotten my issues fixed before my warranty ran out from February, I have no problems since. See if you can get some kind of extended warranty from Infiniti.

Try looking at Ray Catena dealerships in Bridgewater and Edison- maybe even try Ramsey Infiniti and see what comes up. It took me 3 months to find a car with a really good deal. In fact, I also went to Douglas Infiniti in Summit. I remember they also had a decent deal on a used G35x when I was shopping.

Also, just wondering, isn't the car sales tax in NY much higher than NJ? I noticed the car you're buying from has NY license plates...

A simple search showed a red 2008 Infiniti G35x with premium package with 35k miles for only $20,688...Are you sure that the dealers charge 22-24k for a 2007 G35x? CarFax says no accidents, and has all the service records available....and bumper to bumper warranty until Feb 2014 or 60k miles...(car wasn't sold to owner until Feb 2009)

http://www.douglasinfiniti.com/cars/...BV61F88M276168

I'd probably be more inclined to buy this one.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-07-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
js1
That's a $3K difference though and that price is probably only good if I finance through them.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by js1
That's a $3K difference though and that price is probably only good if I finance through them.
I mean $3K for peace of mind of almost 2 years after you bought it since you have warranty on a car. I can tell you the amount of problems I had to get fixed in my car when I bought it was worth well over $3k. Plus the car has 20k miles less and also newer with the iPod USB input and the Bose Driver's Stage Audio that the 2007 does not. I believe they also got rid of the CD Changer, so you have more space in the trunk. If you do have a problem, Infiniti also provides you with a loaner car, free of charge if it takes a long time to repair.

I don't believe you have to finance through them. They don't care whether the money is in cash or through another bank. To them money is money. Don't forget that the price is also negotiable too. I was able to drop down their offering by $1k. All you have to do is pretend you don't really care if you don't get it or else you make it easy for them. The power of haggling goes a long way...lol.

I mean it's your decision whether it's worth spending $3k more on a newer car with less miles with warranty. It doesn't hurt to call and ask about it.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-07-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would get a carfax report for sure if i decided to buy it

Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
my friend has his 08 g35 black on black with premium package mint condition 47,XXX miles for 21000$ dollars if you want it send me a private message

Old 06-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by js1
The dealers are asking $22-$24k. I even saw one asking $50k for a g35 with approx 20k miles.
Had to have been a typo on the price..no way it was 50K

Old 06-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Gents,
New member here! I am looking to buy an 07 G35x tonight. It has 61k miles and it is the premium edition with Nav and clean Carfax. They're asking $19,466, but I'm going to offer roughly $18,500. The the steering wheel has the common problem of the paint chipping which they say they won't fix as it is too costly (full replacement along with airbag).
Besides having 9k miles of factory warranty left, the dealership also has 1 year/12k mile warranty.
From the specs given by the original poster, I'd say its a killer deal since it, too, still has factory powertrain warranty left.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by gerschman
Gents,
New member here! I am looking to buy an 07 G35x tonight. It has 61k miles and it is the premium edition with Nav and clean Carfax. They're asking $19,466, but I'm going to offer roughly $18,500. The the steering wheel has the common problem of the paint chipping which they say they won't fix as it is too costly (full replacement along with airbag).
Besides having 9k miles of factory warranty left, the dealership also has 1 year/12k mile warranty.
From the specs given by the original poster, I'd say its a killer deal since it, too, still has factory powertrain warranty left.
My steering wheel was fixed under warranty...but the price is okay, not that great and still around average.

To be honest, the factory warranty you are talking about is just for power train, and not for anything else, so you're out of luck if something other than the power train breaks.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Gents,
I bought my 07 G35x with 62K..same package (plus tech) for 18,400 1 1/2 years ago

Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I bought my 07 G35x with 62K..same package (plus tech) for 18,400 1 1/2 years ago
Hmm...that sounds like a good deal. I got my 2007 G35x 21k miles with Premium, Nav, Tech, and Wood package over three years ago for $28k....I think I got a pretty good deal too. It was from a dealer, so I was very surprised, and I had full bumper to bumper warranty (4 year/60k) as well as power train coverage (6 year/70k).

Everyone else here is paying way too high IMO.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Yah, it sucks around here. Not much available under $19k and if they are under $19k, the mileage is at least at 70k. I think here in Indy that there just isn't the supply as other regions so they can charge a bit more. The one I ended up getting last night has everything exept wood trim and I paid $18,600 with 60k miles.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Yah, it sucks around here. Not much available under $19k and if they are under $19k, the mileage is at least at 70k. I think here in Indy that there just isn't the supply as other regions so they can charge a bit more. The one I ended up getting last night has everything exept wood trim and I paid $18,600 with 60k miles.
If they're not fixing the steering wheel, that means they won't cover it under warranty, which it should be in the first place. If they are offering a year/12k miles warranty, then it's probably just power train and nothing else.

Steering wheel should be fixed under the bumper to bumper warranty. I would watch out if I were you if something other than power train breaks.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
If they're not fixing the steering wheel, that means they won't cover it under warranty, which it should be in the first place. If they are offering a year/12k miles warranty, then it's probably just power train and nothing else.

Steering wheel should be fixed under the bumper to bumper warranty. I would watch out if I were you if something other than power train breaks.
Yah, its just powertrain. The steering wheel paint chipping isn't that bad, but I'm sure it'll get worse.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 g35x sedan