G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

vibrations at 75+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vibrations at 75+

getting a slight vibration in the front at 75+. newer tires, i know could be a bad belt. vehicle recently alligned, so not that. CV joints seem fine. thinking maybe shocks? thoughts?

If so i want to upgrade, any suggestions?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I'm with you there bro. I thought it was the alignment, but ultimately, the vibrations are back. Peaks at 75-80. I have multiple wheels and they are all roadforce balanced. same thing.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by stl.rbizy
getting a slight vibration in the front at 75+. newer tires, i know could be a bad belt. vehicle recently alligned, so not that. CV joints seem fine. thinking maybe shocks? thoughts?

Have you considered that the rims might be dented? It's also possible that the wheel bearings might be going bad.

If the vibration did not occur before you got new tires, then you should get replacement tires because those tires are probably not round. I've had bad experiences with the Falken Tires that caused vibrations. Once I switched to Michelins, the vibrations went away.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many u at mush?

Thanks math. Rims r good, but I am rolling falkens. Thinking about switching them

Old 06-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

whats your current wheel/tire and suspension set up? 90% of vibrations with steering wheel is tire balance or uneven wear. any shake in the pedals? what about when braking?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts
Did you get the TSB done for the brake jutter?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
How many u at mush?

Thanks math. Rims r good, but I am rolling falkens. Thinking about switching them
Yeah I had a bad experience with Falkens...I had the Ziex 912 and I got rid of them as soon as the tread was going...replaced them with the Michelin MXM4 and couldn't be happier.

But, your problem could be contributed to like others said, balancing and/or alignment, and or bent rim, and/or wheel hub...otherwise, I would look at the tires since you had this vibration issue after you got these tires.

My Falkens did start vibration at high speed after a couple of months...the first few months the tires were fine. You can even see others having the same complaint at highway speeds when you search on Google. The only reason I bought the Falkens because they were extremely cheap- around $300 less than Michelins, but now I realize you get what you pay for. I would either go for Bridgestone Turanza with Serenity or Michelin MXM4 for tires...right now I have the Goodyear Eagle GT tires on my G35x and it has been good too, but my next tire would be Michelin MXM4.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-10-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 AM
bkd
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try a different shop, I had balance issues and I brought it back to the tire store 3 times and never got it fixed. I finally gave up an went to an alignment shop with a Hunter road force machine and a technician that new how to use it and they fixed all my issues. They were also able to tell right away that the tires hadn't been properly balanced by the old shop.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
So the rest of you guys are rolling at highspeed with no shakes? That's how it is with my WRX and I miss that. To best honest, it has had some shakes every since I lowered on Eibachs. Nothing I can pinpoint as a definitive cause.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got vibrations at 60... I know because I hear buzzing from the back seat area... and the changes in my cup holder moves a lil. Wheel alignments and rotation/balancing hasn't done much either

Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
So the rest of you guys are rolling at highspeed with no shakes? That's how it is with my WRX and I miss that. To best honest, it has had some shakes every since I lowered on Eibachs. Nothing I can pinpoint as a definitive cause.
Yeah, I've gone 100 mph in my car and I don't have any shakes. I am running Goodyear Eagle GT...everything is as smooth as ever.

Usually, in my experience, the shaking is either due to the tires being out of round or rim is dented, or the wheel is out of balance/alignment. If you checked all of them, then it is most likely the tire is out of round.

After buying Falkens, I know now to stick with the best brands such as Michelin, Bridgestone, or Goodyear (depending on which tire.)

Old 06-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Have had horrible vibrations since i bought my car 1 1/2 years ago. 3 sets of tires..2 sets of wheels..3 mechanics..cars is perfect every time..yet from 65+..it's horrible. main reason why i want to dump it..but can't find anything to get

And my issues aren't balance issues

Old 06-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yep I remember ur problems .... had a billion thread on it, right up to the point when the engine broke and the stealership had ur car for a month

Old 06-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
I need to replace my Endlinks, Bushings and Shocks/Struts. I have the sameeeee issues.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by RedBaronK
Yep I remember ur problems .... had a billion thread on it, right up to the point when the engine broke and the stealership had ur car for a month
Good times. Once i figure out what's going on for work this winter..i will then drop the car..which should be next month

I need to replace my Endlinks, Bushings and Shocks/Struts. I have the sameeeee issues.

My car has 77K..i was thinking about replacing shocks as well. But i don't think that's my issue since i feel it in seats and worse downhills.

But i do think my compression bushings are cracked..that can't be helping things

More and more people having this issue..hmmm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vibrations at 75+