G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dash peeling (PASSENGER SIDE)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
No problem bro.. The car is an 2007.. bought it new.. The car has about 67K miles on it. I reside in south florida. The avg is about 93 give or take 2 degrees.

The products I have tried just don't seem to work.. My mom was telling me to use some vinegar to get rid of the "sticky" top part of the dash.
Bro same here. living down here in florida. car is '07 i have the same sticky dash issue. It gets really sticky when its very hot! but it doesnt get sticky where the passenger side airbag would pop out. that area is ok. heres a pic.You see the shininess?

I didnt bother messing around with it becuause i know its a defected dash issue. Over the months it would get dirty and i couldnt find anything to take the dirt off the stickiness. i used mothers VLR cleaner http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06524.html with a clean sock and it did its job. But the sticky still remained. its something im going to have to live with. Theres also this issue where the flim from the washi interior trim is falling apart. heres another pic. and i would advice against using vinegar. infiniti makes great cars but their interior are complete crap.

Last edited by muyrec; 07-13-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
@broke as a joke: ouch! i thought it would be an earlier year model with many more miles and much high temps, like you said nothing really adds up here which is probably why the dealer is lost for words...

However what bothers me is that presumably they refused to honor replacement under warranty when they too could not point to anything that would put the blame on you with taht said i will have to go with my other two conclusions as before:

1) the cleaning product ended up drying the dash too much from underneath causing it to crack like i said if you google 'armor all ruin dash/interior' or something along those lines you will see why this is a concern or at least it was a big concern when it came to the dash being sticky, cloudy, and then dry when the top layer baked off. i think armor all + sun is or at least was a bad mix.

2) Or unfortunately you ended with a lemon car...

What was the dealers last decision as to try and resolve this matter?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by kool_yaar
@broke as a joke: ouch! i thought it would be an earlier year model with many more miles and much high temps, like you said nothing really adds up here which is probably why the dealer is lost for words...

What was the dealers last decision as to try and resolve this matter?
They told me since the car is out of warranty I would have to either buy a dash mat or live with it.. I wasn't gonna pay to have a new dash installed.. So I guess I might just buy a dash mat or have it redone.

Originally Posted by muyrec
Bro same here. living down here in florida. car is '07 i have the same sticky dash issue. It gets really sticky when its very hot! but it doesnt get sticky where the passenger side airbag would pop out. that area is ok. heres a pic.You see the shininess?
Yea, bro it just has to be a defect or something.. My passenger side is fine as well where the airbag would come from, but the top of the dash is sticky. I guess where it is in direct sunlight just melts it down..

I'm gonna try the mothers and see what it can do for mine.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Hey Fellas,
now I know I'm a little to overdramatic when I notice something wrong with my G but that's me I'm a bit OCD!
I tried to take pictures that would stand out the most during which I couldn't control the way the daylight was shining on the dash. To some it may not be a big deal at all but I'm one of those individuals that realizes somethings wrong from the very start of root!
Here are some pics of the dash:
btw I applied Black Magic to the dash afterwards and it took the attention away from those effected spots!

Hope the arrows help! lol

Old 07-13-2012, 08:00 PM

I had this same issue on the passenger side door and replaced the trim peice...

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by G3065
Hey Fellas,
now I know I'm a little to overdramatic when I notice something wrong with my G but that's me I'm a bit OCD!
I tried to take pictures that would stand out the most during which I couldn't control the way the daylight was shining on the dash. To some it may not be a big deal at all but I'm one of those individuals that realizes somethings wrong from the very start of root!
Here are some pics of the dash:
btw I applied Black Magic to the dash afterwards and it took the attention away from those effected spots!l
What does it feel like when u touch it?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:18 PM
What does it feel like when u touch it?
it feels as if it had been dried up and after I applied the armorall it made it all soggy.
Does that make the least bit of sense? lol
As if your touching the steering wheel with sweaty palms or humid weather and you notice all the black residue on your hands.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 PM

I had this same issue on the passenger side door and replaced the trim peice...
Ugh i dont know how it happened. Noone rides in my car except once in a blue moon. That part goes for around $50 right?

Old 07-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by muyrec
Ugh i dont know how it happened. Noone rides in my car except once in a blue moon. That part goes for around $50 right?
Same here, I paid almost $70 for the passenger side trim and I assume it would be around the same price range given they're both about the same size. I have put protectant products on that too in the past and it could have caused it?

Old 07-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Same here, I paid almost $70 for the passenger side trim and I assume it would be around the same price range given they're both about the same size. I have put protectant products on that too in the past and it could have caused it?
never put anything on mines and still ripped apart lol.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 PM
it feels as if it had been dried up and after I applied the armorall it made it all soggy.
Does that make the least bit of sense? lol
As if your touching the steering wheel with sweaty palms or humid weather and you notice all the black residue on your hands.
Keep an eye on it.. cuz if it turns sticky the whole dash might end up that way..

The following users liked this post:
G3065 (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Keep an eye on it.. cuz if it turns sticky the whole dash might end up that way..
will do! thank you!