G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Stealership lost my OEM wheel key...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
why did he brake the lug nut?
I'm still using the one I took off without the key.
Usually, when you have a locked lug nut that you don't have a key to, you call the tow truck and they will take it off for you by drilling through it and breaking it off.

The other method is to hammer in a smaller lug nut and then taking it off. Sometimes that doesn't work and also scratches the lug nut heavily in the process. Thieves do this all the time.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 AM
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
The other method is to hammer in a smaller lug nut and then taking it off. Sometimes that doesn't work and also scratches the lug nut heavily in the process. Thieves do this all the time.
Can't do this with the gorilla locks which is why I say they are superior to the OEM locks

Old 07-21-2012, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by willdogs
Can't do this with the gorilla locks which is why I say they are superior to the OEM locks
Yeah, gorilla locks are superior to the OEM locks. They are much harder to take off and probably require drilling to finally take them off.

It takes a lot longer, and a more PITA job. Just make sure you never lose the key.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
Yeah, gorilla locks are superior to the OEM locks. They are much harder to take off and probably require drilling to finally take them off.

It takes a lot longer, and a more PITA job. Just make sure you never lose the key.
I paid the 10 bucks and got a spare key that I keep home. Well worth it.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Or shoulda jus towed it. I'd never intentionally damage my car like that

Old 07-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I had no choice but to break my just one wheel lock. Just the lock itself was damaged and luckily I had a spare lug nuts to replace it with.

I just called and they said they don't use the key to unlock it. They use the master keys for it -_- so now I have to get a set of new wheel locks. Fml

Anyways, you guys recommend any wheel locks?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Lol so u or someone else lost it. ?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
Lol so u or someone else lost it. ?
Most likely someone stole it. I always keep my stuff organized and last time I've used it was at my local shop. And I do remember getting my wheel lock back.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by woostar88
Most likely someone stole it. I always keep my stuff organized and last time I've used it was at my local shop. And I do remember getting my wheel lock back.
Hmm...why would someone just steal a wheel lock without stealing your wheels? That doesn't sound logical...

Maybe you misplaced it after getting your lock back? Or it could have fallen somewhere in your car and you haven't searched hard enough...that happens to me sometimes when I can't find a wheel lock. It always ends up in a place where you least expect it.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
You lost your key and snapped.....

congrats.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
like everyone else said, they shouldn't have had they key in the first place. But, it's been way too long for them to own up to misplacing it. It doesnt cost much to replace it, but that's not the point. It sucks, and as other memebers already said, all you can do is calmy approach the service manager about the situation and if he doesn't fix it for you simply ask him his name and ask for their dealer number. They all have numbers or codes that they identify themselves by. That might actually worry the manager enough to rethink his decision to not help you out. Worth a try.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by JAX20"G
like everyone else said, they shouldn't have had they key in the first place. But, it's been way too long for them to own up to misplacing it. It doesnt cost much to replace it, but that's not the point. It sucks, and as other memebers already said, all you can do is calmy approach the service manager about the situation and if he doesn't fix it for you simply ask him his name and ask for their dealer number. They all have numbers or codes that they identify themselves by. That might actually worry the manager enough to rethink his decision to not help you out. Worth a try.

U need to read the whole thread pls

Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 PM

Anyways, you guys recommend any wheel locks?
Are my posts invisible?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Got it. I think I'm going to wait until I get my new set of tires. Which is over due. I'm thinking about getting a new set of lug nuts instead. Any suggestion on which one fit with my stock 17" g35x?

Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Got it. I think I'm going to wait until I get my new set of tires. Which is over due. I'm thinking about getting a new set of lug nuts instead. Any suggestion on which one fit with my stock 17" g35x?
Some people recommend the Continental ExtremeContact DWS for best wet and snow traction for all season tires. I believe they have a 50k mile warranty. However, there is a known "pulling to the right issue" for some cars. Not sure what's causing it.

As for me, I recommend the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires. They were just released last month, and supposed to be extremely quiet and comfortable with a 75k mile warranty. They are rated very highly on the Grand Touring All Season tires, and have excellent dry and wet traction with rated better steering response and corning stability than then ExtremeContact on TireRack. They also come with a rim protector to avoid damaging your rims.

As for lug nuts, I believe you can use Amazon's tool for looking it up or searching on Gorilla Locks Website. Keep in mind that if you lose the key, it will be even a bigger pain in the butt to remove them than if you lost the stock wheel locks. I've also read reviews that Gorilla Locks reuse keys, so that might be a problem for thieves who just buy a cheap set off of Amazon and reuse the keys.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 07-22-2012 at 04:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stealership lost my OEM wheel key...