G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Really Bad Experince - Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
i think he has already agreed to pay it to get his car out so he doesnt have much leverage left imo but still trying BBB cant hurt as its free to try and get some compensation on the tear down which i think is fair but beyond that i dont see infiniti covering the repairs since they are not legally liable and that makes sense if they are not willing to perform any 'good will' warranty repair.

My point is simply that since they were NOT able to give a definite cause for the problem(what kind of fluid got in and how and why it wont be covered besides the mileage) after charging the customer $2k then they should compensate him for the tear down given that they are not going to repair the car, now if they are able to find the reason its too late and begs the question how could corporate deny the claim evn before knowing what actually happened...

Since they were not able to find the exact problem and its reason which they could pin on the customer and ended up citing the car was over the warranty(rightly so) i find it hard to believe that they were ever thinking about covering the repairs in which case why ask the customer to shell out $2k to find the issue when he could simply apply that towards an engine swap... dont get me wrong i can understand infiniti not covering the repairs beyond the warranty terms unless they want to voluntarily but then dont ask the customer to spend more money for no reason.

Last edited by kool_yaar; 08-15-2012 at 06:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by kool_yaar:
07'G35S (08-18-2012), vqsmile (08-15-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
That sucks. I'd have a word with the managers, owners and a few attorneys.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to the service manager today at the dealership.
-The head gasket is okay.
-The fuel looks good, not really sure what he meant by that - maybe this means it wasn't raw fuel?
-He still seems set on the engine being hydrolocked due to some sort of fluid/liquid getting in. As vqsmile pointed out it's hard to pinpoint exactly what the cause was due to the damage.

I tired speaking with the people at head office, still can't speak to anyone more than the call center rep. Can't speak to a supervisor and still haven't gotten a call back. I asked them for the director of customer care/relations name and mailing address so i could send them or fax them a letter. The lady on the phone was not able to provide me the name or address. I have been dealing with a supervisor by the name of Richard, when i asked for his supervisors name and the mailing address for him/her she had no idea who that might be... Really you don't know your boss's boss name... From what I gather it's a pretty small office, I've called in quite a few times and always get the same people.

I have a question though. If this was in fact caused by some fluid/liquid which was meant to be in the car (oil, coolant, excess fuel) and the car was still under warranty would this type of thing be covered?

And yes I will be paying the dealership for the work done, hopefully they will discount some of it. My quarrel is not with the dealership, it's with head office that sent me on this path. One of the main reasons they wanted the teardown was to determine if it was a maintenance issue (there own nissan/infiniti service records did not suffice). I even got Richard the supervisor to okay the service records before we went ahead with the teardown. To have all this done and them to come back and say "yepp, your over warranty, sorry" is totally unacceptable.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Like most of us said before, Infiniti is not liable for anything since you were not under warranty. They wanted you to pay and see what caused your issue, and you agreed to pay for it. There was never any guarantees that they would have covered you for a brand new engine anyways.

What I would have done is ask them if I paid $2000 if they would guarantee or at least subtract that amount from the actual replacement for a new engine. Since you never got a straight answer from them, you should assume the worst and the bare minimum.

At this point, you're better off looking for a used engine from the junkyard instead of buying a whole new motor.

Asking if this problem was caused by some fluid/liquid which was meant to be in the car (oil, coolant, excess fuel) and the car was still under warranty would this type of thing be covered is pointless because you are not under warranty anyways. Even if it was covered under warranty you are not eligible for replacement. Why would Infiniti want to spend money out of their own expense to replace an engine not covered under warranty? You can try as much as you'd like but honestly, you have no legal recourse. You have to bank on the fact that Infiniti Corporate would be extremely generous to help you out.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 08-16-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by 07'G35S
I have a question though. If this was in fact caused by some fluid/liquid which was meant to be in the car (oil, coolant, excess fuel) and the car was still under warranty would this type of thing be covered?

Yes, IF they cant prove that the fluid got in due to something you did but since youre out of warranty, no use thinking about it since it will only make you feel worse imo

And yes I will be paying the dealership for the work done, hopefully they will discount some of it. My quarrel is not with the dealership, it's with head office that sent me on this path. One of the main reasons they wanted the teardown was to determine if it was a maintenance issue (there own nissan/infiniti service records did not suffice). I even got Richard the supervisor to okay the service records before we went ahead with the teardown. To have all this done and them to come back and say "yepp, your over warranty, sorry" is totally unacceptable.

Agreed but like i said the chances of success are very low but worth a try through BBB since its a free service no use using a lawyer given that legally infiniti is in the clear as far as the replacement is concerned but the tear down is debatable but not worth the legal fees and time wast. Hopefully the dealership is nice enough to help you out a little if nothing else works. I really feel bad for you and hope they help you out but honestly the chances are slim
above

The following users liked this post:
07'G35S (08-18-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 105 Likes on 100 Posts
Dang, that's pretty rough getting stuck with the bill like that. I hope everything works out.

07'G35S (08-18-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Man, after a full work week, i get a break to check my favorite sites,, and we read about this... I am really sorry to hear about this 07g35s!! especially AFTER you did ALL the stuff they suggested!! >2< diff diagnosis fee's, and a tow!! One thing i am having difficulty understanding is,,, How does a cylinder become hydrolocked when vehicle is running?? it seems to me that this would happen on a startup after car sits awhile, or yes got submerged or had fluid enter the intake somehow.. rite?? on this occasion, car is driven to nissan dealership, (closed) then as leaving, poof!!! best of luck in future on this......

07'G35S (08-18-2012)
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Triton3.5
Man, after a full work week, i get a break to check my favorite sites,, and we read about this... I am really sorry to hear about this 07g35s!! especially AFTER you did ALL the stuff they suggested!! >2< diff diagnosis fee's, and a tow!! One thing i am having difficulty understanding is,,, How does a cylinder become hydrolocked when vehicle is running?? it seems to me that this would happen on a startup after car sits awhile, or yes got submerged or had fluid enter the intake somehow.. rite?? on this occasion, car is driven to nissan dealership, (closed) then as leaving, poof!!! best of luck in future on this......
I definitely think there's more to this story than what he said...his problem could be a malfunctioning fuel injectors and injected too much fuel, too much oil, etc...

In any case, it will be extremely difficult to determine the exact cause of this problem.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I definitely think there's more to this story than what he said...his problem could be a malfunctioning fuel injectors and injected too much fuel, too much oil, etc...

In any case, it will be extremely difficult to determine the exact cause of this problem.
Thats really how it happened. The car was running fine the day before. It was parked on a flat surface overnight, in the morning I got up did a quick walk around (more to make sure the tire with a nail in it was still inflated) and drove to the dealership. I had the windows down and didn't notice any weird noises. Got to the dealership which is like a 5minute drive, noticed it was closed turned the car around and it just popped, the rev counter dropped and pretty much every warning light on the dash went off. total fail on the SES light!!! lol.

I can deal with the engine being "my" issue cause i'm outta warranty. I'm quite disappointed with Infiniti for leading me on for 6 weeks, I guess I was a bit naive in following along with the possibility of "goodwill". All I want to do is fix my car. I think it might have to park it till next year and just shop for parts.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I did go ahead and register a complaint with the BBB, since having someone read a letter to me over the phone on Tuesday they flat out will not discuss the situation with me, it's been 3 days and each day I have requested to speak with a supervisor and told they are unavailable but WILL call me back. I also requested the name and mailing address of the director/head of customer care/relations so i could write them a letter and was told I could not have that information. I can think of allot of other things that they have said or done that have made this crappy situation just painful but I don't want to rant anymore than I may have done so. lol.

I really appreciate the support and feedback everyone. Thanks :-)

Old 08-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by 07'G35S
I did go ahead and register a complaint with the BBB, since having someone read a letter to me over the phone on Tuesday they flat out will not discuss the situation with me, it's been 3 days and each day I have requested to speak with a supervisor and told they are unavailable but WILL call me back. I also requested the name and mailing address of the director/head of customer care/relations so i could write them a letter and was told I could not have that information. I can think of allot of other things that they have said or done that have made this crappy situation just painful but I don't want to rant anymore than I may have done so. lol.

I really appreciate the support and feedback everyone. Thanks :-)
I'm sure someone on the site has some nfo on how to get n touch w/ Infniti customer relations. If not you might want to go over to myg37.com and PM member "Almatti"
he dealt w/ the higher ups in customer service dealing w/ a transmission issue.
This whole thread is just depressing, sure hope something good comes out of it

07'G35S (08-22-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:47 PM
bkd
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had an engine failure in my 2005 G35 under warranty. In my case a rod bearing failed and the crank siezed. I ended up getting a new long block. Parts and labor from Infiniti was close to $10K. If your car is out of warranty, then they probably aren't going to cover it. Even if you can get by with just a short block, it's going to be very expensive for new parts. If I were you, I would start looking for an independent mechanic and a junkyard engine. I don't think it's worth spending that much on new parts into a 2007 with 80,000 miles and no warranty. Even though Infiniti covered my costs completely, I traded it mine in shortly after because I found a lot of little things wrong with the engine swap, hose clamps missing, wiring harnesses kinked/routed wrong, trim missing... picked up an exhaust/heat shield rattle. If you end up spending a lot more than it's worth then you might have to keep it a while to recover. Good luck.

07'G35S (08-22-2012)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Man... Deja Vu!
I was cruising home last year on the highway with the cruise control set to 70 mph and out of nowhere, the car lost power. It would idle but if I tried moving the car, it would grumble and not move. I had it towed to the dealer and it turned out to be a broken cam shaft.
With 80K on the clock, it was out of warranty by miles but not by time.

It took 4 months of fighting (almost every single day) but Infiniti finally came through and flipped the $16,000 bill and replaced the entire long block. What a freaking nightmare.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
^ will never forget that.....

Old 08-22-2012, 07:33 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Man... Deja Vu!
I was cruising home last year on the highway with the cruise control set to 70 mph and out of nowhere, the car lost power. It would idle but if I tried moving the car, it would grumble and not move. I had it towed to the dealer and it turned out to be a broken cam shaft.
With 80K on the clock, it was out of warranty by miles but not by time.

It took 4 months of fighting (almost every single day) but Infiniti finally came through and flipped the $16,000 bill and replaced the entire long block. What a freaking nightmare.
Man I remember you posting about that like it was yesterday. I'm glad that the got it all resolved and settled in your favor. I followed that post from the day you put it on here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Really Bad Experince - Any Advice?