G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Really Bad Experince - Any Advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hydrolocked cars are pulled out of lakes or towed in after big rainstorms. hydrolocking happens immediately, you suck up the water and the engine dies. this is not consistent at all with how you reported failure. its like they completely ignored your side of the story. show them a weather report or something to prove that it was a dry weather the day the car exploded, and their was no way u could have exposed it to water

unless you poured a bucket of water in the intake, or purposely drove the car through foot deep puddles at full speed. I just cant see how their excuse explains your situation.

and then footing this bill for the "diagnosis" is bogus to the extreme!. you dont have to tear down an engine to see hydrolock. i mean, the filters will be soaked, the TB and IM would be unusually clean, or their would be water residue laying around. hydrolock isnt a big mystery diagnosis, its obvious! water sucked into the intake would clean the pistons and bores of many cylinders, not just one or two. the "diagnosis" gamble you took was rigged from the start. 20 hours to tear down an already clearly grenaded engine is bogus.

only other explanation that would make sense, would be a gapping hole in the head gasket, drawing coolant into those two cylinders and locking the engine. another would be an intact gasket, with a warped head doing the same thing

If they were denying my warranty, I would want clear cut evidence with pictures, (air filter wet, residue on passenger TB, water residue on cylinder three intake valves etc etc). doesnt sound like you got any of this.

*looks like I read your car was out of warranty. I wish you posted your issue before you brought your car to the dealer. any garage or shade tree mechanic would have replaced your engine for less than that "diagnostic fee". I still cant get that wrapped around my head. good lord, theres a hole in the block! you need a new engine! doesnt take 2 grand to figure that crap out!

Last edited by Neal376; 08-25-2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
hydrolocked cars are pulled out of lakes or towed in after big rainstorms. hydrolocking happens immediately, you suck up the water and the engine dies. this is not consistent at all with how you reported failure. its like they completely ignored your side of the story. show them a weather report or something to prove that it was a dry weather the day the car exploded, and their was no way u could have exposed it to water

unless you poured a bucket of water in the intake, or purposely drove the car through foot deep puddles at full speed. I just cant see how their excuse explains your situation.

and then footing this bill for the "diagnosis" is bogus to the extreme!. you dont have to tear down an engine to see hydrolock. i mean, the filters will be soaked, the TB and IM would be unusually clean, or their would be water residue laying around. hydrolock isnt a big mystery diagnosis, its obvious! water sucked into the intake would clean the pistons and bores of many cylinders, not just one or two. the "diagnosis" gamble you took was rigged from the start. 20 hours to tear down an already clearly grenaded engine is bogus.

only other explanation that would make sense, would be a gapping hole in the head gasket, drawing coolant into those two cylinders and locking the engine. another would be an intact gasket, with a warped head doing the same thing

If they were denying my warranty, I would want clear cut evidence with pictures, (air filter wet, residue on passenger TB, water residue on cylinder three intake valves etc etc). doesnt sound like you got any of this.

*looks like I read your car was out of warranty. I wish you posted your issue before you brought your car to the dealer. any garage or shade tree mechanic would have replaced your engine for less than that "diagnostic fee". I still cant get that wrapped around my head. good lord, theres a hole in the block! you need a new engine! doesnt take 2 grand to figure that crap out!
That's not necessarily true. You can hydrolock your engine without driving through puddles either. If he drove where there was a HUGE bump...like massive enough to force oil into the cylinders, or if the fuel injector failed (less likely), or the engine was somehow oriented wrong but at exactly the precise way that any fluid entered the chamber. Any fluid that is able to get into a cylinder can cause engines to hydrolock.

It could be the coolant (which is water based) leaking into the engine with a blown head gasket, etc...who knows? It's almost impossible to tell if there is this much damage to the engine.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 08-25-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
That's not necessarily true. You can hydrolock your engine without driving through puddles either. If he drove where there was a HUGE bump...like massive enough to force oil into the cylinders, or if the fuel injector failed (less likely), or the engine was somehow oriented wrong but at exactly the precise way that any fluid entered the chamber. Any fluid that is able to get into a cylinder can cause engines to hydrolock.

It could be the coolant (which is water based) leaking into the engine with a blown head gasket, etc...who knows? It's almost impossible to tell if there is this much damage to the engine.
thats not the point. he wouldn't be liable for any of those reasons

Old 08-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Neal376
thats not the point. he wouldn't be liable for any of those reasons
I don't understand. Infiniti isn't liable since the OP was out of warranty...so in the end, it's actually his liability.

Who else will fix his engine...only the OP himself could. Or he could prepare a long huge fight with Infiniti and waste a lot of time going through it.

Old 08-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I don't understand. Infiniti isn't liable since the OP was out of warranty...so in the end, it's actually his liability.

Who else will fix his engine...only the OP himself could. Or he could prepare a long huge fight with Infiniti and waste a lot of time going through it.
That's the debatable part. The fact is though, he stands less than a 1% chance of getting anywhere with them.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
After reading the 4 pages I have a question.
What type of fuel were you using? I ask bc it is possible the gas was contaminated by water. Ethanol holds water very well.
Or using to low an octane caused knock resulting in the damage.
Just a thought.