G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Weird Knocking Noise in the dash...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weird Knocking Noise in the dash...?

So yesterday i got in my car ran a few errands came home. Shortly after i had to go somewhere so i went and turned on my car and there was a really weird knocking noise.

It sounded like banging against a hard metal, and it was pretty loud. Loud enough that i had my volume up 3/4 way full and i could still hear it. So then i tried to locate the noise. To me it sounded like it was in the dashboard right behind the glove box. I even opened my hood and it was not coming from inside the hood.

Then after maybe 2-3 min of driving the noise went away.

Any input would be appreciated it .

Thank you

Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM
may be a heat shild or some metal on metal contact. u do anything to the car recently bumps, work?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fendi35
So yesterday i got in my car ran a few errands came home. Shortly after i had to go somewhere so i went and turned on my car and there was a really weird knocking noise.

It sounded like banging against a hard metal, and it was pretty loud. Loud enough that i had my volume up 3/4 way full and i could still hear it. So then i tried to locate the noise. To me it sounded like it was in the dashboard right behind the glove box. I even opened my hood and it was not coming from inside the hood.

Then after maybe 2-3 min of driving the noise went away.

Any input would be appreciated it .

Thank you
Maybe this? :https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-gen...e-fixed-2.html

Or maybe a bump knocked the fan for the HVAC out of alignment and then it eventually got bounced back into place?

Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Hmmm . . .. Maybe it's an unused can of plasti dip spray paint that you left inside your glove box.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Yea maybe if you guys don't like something you can just say it no need to be rude and to be dicks about it. When I posted it I said I did it cuz I was bored. and I wanted your guys thoughts due to the fact i really liked being a part of this community not rude *** comments.

Well anyway Thx for everything guys

Old 08-16-2012, 03:35 AM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Fendi35
Yea maybe if you guys don't like something you can just say it no need to be rude and to be dicks about it. When I posted it I said I did it cuz I was bored. and I wanted your guys thoughts due to the fact i really liked being a part of this community not rude *** comments.

Well anyway Thx for everything guys
whoa whoa whoa . . . hey man, it was just a joke.
If I offended you, then I am truly sorry and I hope you will accept my sincere apology. I never even posted in the other thread because it got closed before I could, and now I guess I know why.

I totally got the idea that you just did it on a whim for kicks and all, but honestly, I had no idea you were sensitive about what others thought of it or I never would have posted that. This is a public forum and you are every bit as much a part of the community as anyone else, (regardless of what people may say or think about your mods) and whether you can consider it or not, my sharing a playful joke with you about it was precisely a testimony of that fact. It is truly unfortunate that you didn't see it that way. Perhaps it was just lost in translation, but given that it didn't occur to you, in the future, I would offer the suggestion that if you are at all unsure as to whether or not you can accept the opinions of others, even those made in jest, that you refrain from subjecting yourself to them. Peace!

Old 08-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ VQ does not target members Fendi like he said most members are just joking around and given that its a public forum you should expect to get comments from both sides, from what i see no one really was rude with you but if they were you just got to ignore such comments and move on.

I too stated in your other thread that i didnt like it but you should keep it if you like it which is my opinion which i thought you wanted and did not mean to come out being rude. Either way i dont think it was as serious as you are making it be imHo

The following users liked this post:
vqsmile (08-16-2012)